Blade upgrade: Carbonado 45 vs 90 vs 145?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hi guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my blade in the new year and I'd like to get some feedback which one to choose.

I'm a shakehand player and currently using Stiga CL CR WRB, and I'm pretty satisfied with it except for that it's kinda lack of power when I hit the ball a little further from the table. So I'm considering upgrading the blade to a Carbonado. I've read a lot of reviews on the series but still not sure which one to choose. Could someone who has played these blades provide some thoughts? How do you like them? What's the difference, I mean feeling wise not statistic wise. Thanks!

I have only tried 290 and 245. Before I became a looper, I was a hitter in both wings with the loop at times, I used to use 290 with mantra h both sides, and I tried a friend's 245. If you are a looper get the 45 series, its high throw really helps and has forgiveness. If you are a hitter, get the 90 series.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my blade in the new year and I'd like to get some feedback which one to choose.

I'm a shakehand player and currently using Stiga CL CR WRB, and I'm pretty satisfied with it except for that it's kinda lack of power when I hit the ball a little further from the table. So I'm considering upgrading the blade to a Carbonado. I've read a lot of reviews on the series but still not sure which one to choose. Could someone who has played these blades provide some thoughts? How do you like them? What's the difference, I mean feeling wise not statistic wise. Thanks!
Hi,
so I have played both the 45 and 145 and both of them are good blades.
45 gives you more control and have a more woody feel as the Textreme Carbon layer is thin. 145 would be more what you are looking for as you mention that you are looking for more power from further away from the table. Have you tried anything faster than your current blade? Btw what Rubbers are u using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have never used any blade with carbon before so I was kinda finding a blade to taste the feeling of carbon. I'm currently using Xiom Vega China on my forehand and Xiom Vega Asia on my backhand. I'm planning to try 729 battle II (tacky) and Xiom Vega X for my new blade.

Talking about play style, I used to be a hard hitter near the table but that was so unstable. So I'm currently trying to add more looping in my play and try to take one step away from the table for more arc and forgiveness.

Thanks for the reply. I have never used any blade with carbon before so I was kinda finding a blade to taste the feeling of carbon. I'm currently using Xiom Vega China on my forehand and Xiom Vega Asia on my backhand. I'm planning to try 729 battle II (tacky) and Xiom Vega X for my new blade.

Talking about play style, I used to be a hard hitter near the table but that was so unstable. So I'm currently trying to add more looping in my play and try to take one step away from the table for more arc and forgiveness.
I would go all wood just to be safe. Clipper probably or xiom offensive s.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I would go all wood just to be safe. Clipper probably or xiom offensive s.
Second that. If loops far from the table are not (yet?) part of your game why adjust the gear to it? On the other hand I remember how much I liked the additional speed the step from an OFF- to OFF and never regretted it.

(As an all wood player first numb/dead feeling of some carbon initially turned me away, but tried some like Waldner Senseo Carbon which still have some vibration - so I still have the feeling to feel the ball. Dunno if that would be a criterion for you too. - so there are definetely Carbons more on the woody side)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk