This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
That chinese food actually looks authentic! very lucky of them to find some good chinese food in austria. here in the USA its almost impossible to find good authentic chinese food (except in nyc and san fran). Man that makes me hungry!!!

If they could make a video of any of the training, that would be so amazing!

This user has no status.
Interesting..from the photos I can see they're having Chinese dietary...I wonder if they bring their own cooks. Btw Will, how's the food there? Is it included or do you have to pay separately for your meals?

I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I have been at the academy, and players (and everyone one else @ the academy) can watch when top players/teams train. Cant see anyone allowed to watch these guys..... why is that? they must feel/think they are some sort of supreme beings or something.... Sorry - I am not a big fan of the CNT and its members - they really must have delusions of gandeaur or think they are more important than they really are - after all, they are NOT Barcelona FC :)))

Agree on the fact that they aint Barcelona FC... They're much greater than that! :D

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...

Nicely pointed out Vega..cheers.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Oh, this is Qiu Yike! I think he's here as a backup player!

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. He used to be around on the tour but after he and partner lost to a Welshman and Australian in doubles at a Pro Tour, I didn't see him much anymore :)

There is one decent Chinese restaurant not too far away from the hall and even closer to their hotel. Food isn't included here so they eat out. Will try for video tomorrow but will be dependent on the coach saying its ok.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is problably a stupid question but how can they bring all the food, I mean there's a lot of people and they must be tired to always bring everything with them...

I thought the same, also about the water lol. I can't imagine they brought a tank of their water or loads of bottles by plane. Liquids aren't even allowed in a plane, are they? :p

This user has no status.
I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where: :D

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was :)
And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where: :D

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was :)
And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.

That is just excessive ..
Snobbish..
Really.. loll.. I dont like it..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Anyways, watching those photos I must say.. I realise..
I really hate that chinese national team.. I like some players, in fact, if I was not engaged, I would probably propose to Liu Shiwen :D ..
But in total, I hate chinese national team!
Because they are so good that it feels like unfair to other countries!
And also these manners of them .. Like they were more than human.. reminds me politics, that think the same probably and that makes me mad..
Yuck I think I need to change the angle of view :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

OMG that's insane... You can buy instant noodles everywhere now, it's all the same lol
Yeah WiWa that's a good point, but I guess that you're allowed to bring a certain amount of liquids, there's a limit!

You're welcome ttmedari ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.

So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.

That is great news :D China opening up for the rest of the world will only improve global table tennis. The must have so much more knowledge about the sport than all other countries together, can't really keep that all for themselves can they :p