Back to Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,880 123

User Info Menu

Great pics! I bet Chen Weixing had a good time practising against Ma Lin haha. Poor Chen.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 18 198
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 198 18
    In one article, it says that "they found a chinese restaurant" so I guess that they have to pay separately for their meals!!
    VOLUNTEER FOR THE WTTC IN PARIS YAAAAAY

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 51
    Y
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 51 1
    That chinese food actually looks authentic! very lucky of them to find some good chinese food in austria. here in the USA its almost impossible to find good authentic chinese food (except in nyc and san fran). Man that makes me hungry!!!

If they could make a video of any of the training, that would be so amazing!

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 6 144
    V
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 144 6
    Quote Originally Posted by azlan
    Interesting..from the photos I can see they're having Chinese dietary...I wonder if they bring their own cooks. Btw Will, how's the food there? Is it included or do you have to pay separately for your meals?
    I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 237 790
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 790 237
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterplk
    I have been at the academy, and players (and everyone one else @ the academy) can watch when top players/teams train. Cant see anyone allowed to watch these guys..... why is that? they must feel/think they are some sort of supreme beings or something.... Sorry - I am not a big fan of the CNT and its members - they really must have delusions of gandeaur or think they are more important than they really are - after all, they are NOT Barcelona FC ))
    Agree on the fact that they aint Barcelona FC... They're much greater than that!
    Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 157 1,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,871 157
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega
    I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...
    Nicely pointed out Vega..cheers.
    To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 59

User Info Menu

May 2011
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nabilatouni
    Oh, this is Qiu Yike! I think he's here as a backup player!
    I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. He used to be around on the tour but after he and partner lost to a Welshman and Australian in doubles at a Pro Tour, I didn't see him much anymore

There is one decent Chinese restaurant not too far away from the hall and even closer to their hotel. Food isn't included here so they eat out. Will try for video tomorrow but will be dependent on the coach saying its ok.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Agree on the fact that they aint Barcelona FC... They're much greater than that!
    So true People often forget the inferiority of football to table tennis.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

This is problably a stupid question but how can they bring all the food, I mean there's a lot of people and they must be tired to always bring everything with them...

Quote Originally Posted by WiWa
    So true People often forget the inferiority of football to table tennis.
    hahaha love that quote WiWa

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

This is problably a stupid question but how can they bring all the food, I mean there's a lot of people and they must be tired to always bring everything with them...
    I thought the same, also about the water lol. I can't imagine they brought a tank of their water or loads of bottles by plane. Liquids aren't even allowed in a plane, are they?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 6 144
    V
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 144 6
    I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
    Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where:

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
    And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was
    And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 2 106
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 106 2

User Info Menu

Oh, this is Qiu Yike! I think he's here as a backup player!
    thank you

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,278 3,072
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,072 1,278
    I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
    Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where:

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
    And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was
    And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.
    That is just excessive ..
    Snobbish..
    Really.. loll.. I dont like it..

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,278 3,072
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,072 1,278
    Anyways, watching those photos I must say.. I realise..
    I really hate that chinese national team.. I like some players, in fact, if I was not engaged, I would probably propose to Liu Shiwen ..
    But in total, I hate chinese national team!
    Because they are so good that it feels like unfair to other countries!
    And also these manners of them .. Like they were more than human.. reminds me politics, that think the same probably and that makes me mad..
    Yuck I think I need to change the angle of view

This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 59

User Info Menu

May 2011
    Read 0 Reviews
    I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.

says I'm BACK! :D

Moderator 1,201 2,479

Moderator 2,479 1,201
    Bummer oh well was worth a shot
    Pro Table Tennis Coaching Blog at - MHTableTennis

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

OMG that's insane... You can buy instant noodles everywhere now, it's all the same lol
    Yeah WiWa that's a good point, but I guess that you're allowed to bring a certain amount of liquids, there's a limit!

You're welcome ttmedari
    Last edited by nabilatouni; 03-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 59 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 59

User Info Menu

May 2011
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttEDGE - William
    I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.
    So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.

Moderator 1,201 2,479

Moderator 2,479 1,201
    Wow sounds great. Best of luck in Dortmund William
    Pro Table Tennis Coaching Blog at - MHTableTennis

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ttEDGE - William
    So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.
    That is great news China opening up for the rest of the world will only improve global table tennis. The must have so much more knowledge about the sport than all other countries together, can't really keep that all for themselves can they

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast