Equipment Junkie CoVID Dreams - New Blade Made for Me By Nate

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
SO much helpful information in this thread!

I know how you feel about dirty handles and I can agree - function is more important than aesthetics and there's something nice about having a blade whose handle shows it has clearly been used (and loved). Sand those wings! I remember getting my first couple Butterfly blades in the early 2000's and they came out of the factory razor sharp, so when I make my blades I put enough of a small bevel on them to avoid those odd middle-finger blisters that come with an un-sanded, sharp wing (but not enough of a bevel to be "comfort fit", like your V+ is).

It's good to know that other people have tried it and agree with your assessment - it seems like the redwood provides a lower-frequency, high-control/feedback type feeling. Limba-Limba blades I've made with Kiri or Western Red Cedar cores seem like they are a step or two sharper/clearer feeling than the Redwood core variant. I have made a few blades with thicker redwood cores than the one I sent your way (which I was keeping at the industry standard 5.8mm thick), and they have a higher frequency (like redwood thickness and subsequent frequency scale in a non-linear fashion). I wonder if I made that blade with a core that's 0.4mm thicker (6.2mm overall) if that would tighten up that feeling to a comparable level as the V+.

I'm amazed at all the rubbers you've tried on the blade - that has given me more data on the blade than I could have ever asked for! On a related note, I'm actually kind of tempted to try Tenergy 19 on my BH (I used Tenergy 05 on my BH a decade ago with great success)...
In my opinion, I wouldn't have a real assessment of the blade without seeing how it stands up with a variety of rubbers.

I actually like the way the deeper, lower pitched quality of the blade feels. It does make it easy to distinguish between the two blades. Also, thicker would offer less flex and it is fast enough to make it so that keeping the flex rather than adding stiffness and speed would be my choice.

Okay. I am going to sand and bevel. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MXP removed. T64 added. So now the blade has, T05/T64 on it. And I have sanded the handle and beveled the wings:

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

It really did, originally, look like such a nice, professional job the way it was before I beveled the wings. But I am fairly confident that this will really feel like home to me as a result of the tinkering I just did. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah, Der_Echte is on the softer side, and it may happen he'd be right.
That's why I asked the questions above.

Though I'd be still on a little harder side, with a little bit more rubber over wood.
Hey Langella,

About soft rubbers in a blade like this... WAY BACK in the day... maybe on my first NYC Adventure #1 (I made a thread) Carl had me try his softie V+... it had MX-P both sides.

I had stated these rubbers were likely too hard for the blade. I tried it anyway.Carl, PP Holic and I were at NYC SPiN.

Carl had me try V+ with mx-p and I looped to PP Holic... it was like I couldn't miss !!! People were coming over watching us... guess it was one heck of a show just doing practice.

My point being that maybe a mid firm rubber can work very well, just gotta try it out urself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, you have me try that blade with the t64 on bh and people gunna declare that bat illegal.

I also have a slightly larger stash of FX-P so if I make it to NYC I might arrange for a sheet to fall out of the ceiling when you lie down on ur couch at 2 AM.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Der_ said:
Carl, you have me try that blade with the t64 on bh and people gunna declare that bat illegal.

I also have a slightly larger stash of FX-P so if I make it to NYC I might arrange for a sheet to fall out of the ceiling when you lie down on ur couch at 2 AM.
FXP likes me. I can use that for both wings. :)

Reactions: thomas.pong
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, I COULD snail-mail a sheet of 2 of FX-P 2.1 sponge in advance of all the fine veggie juice U gunna hook me up with if we ever catch up to A-Gold on the campaign trail for his dad to become NYC Mayor... PM me Ur crackhouse #13 address. I made a personal order a few weeks back and stashed up.

Der_ said:
Hey Langella,

About soft rubbers in a blade like this... WAY BACK in the day... maybe on my first NYC Adventure #1 (I made a thread) Carl had me try his softie V+... it had MX-P both sides.

I had stated these rubbers were likely too hard for the blade. I tried it anyway.Carl, PP Holic and I were at NYC SPiN.

Carl had me try V+ with mx-p and I looped to PP Holic... it was like I couldn't miss !!! People were coming over watching us... guess it was one heck of a show just doing practice.

My point being that maybe a mid firm rubber can work very well, just gotta try it out urself.

I have tried MX-P and MX-S.
If I remember correctly, I found MX-P closer to Omega V Tour /with stronger catapult on softer touches/ and MX-S closer to Omega V Asia.
At that time I liked more the one closer to Asia, because for my kind of play it gave me better spin, the way Asia does. And to me Asia is better than Tour for looping.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Der_ said:
At the time I made those comments, I was firmly believing FX-P was a better choice for a slower blade. Carl's V Plussy equipped with 2x mx-p provedme wrong.
Its the blade. The blade has magical qualities. It was used by Harry Potter to defeat Voldemort. Thor used it in his legendary battle with Loki. No matter what you do, it causes the ball to arch down towards the table exactly where you wanted to aim your shot.

The Nate blade will do the same. In fact, with FXP, Nate's blade may have some of those same magical qualities. :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_ said:
Back on the subject of Nate's blades, I glued sheets of FX-P on THREE of Nate's blades a few weeks ago. Glued ONE sheet of FX-S (on the 105g 5-ply) and who knows which next two blades get the FX-S thunder-slam treatment?

Well, I guess that order of Pommes Frittes got upsized to THREE, maybe I made a similar thread "Battle of the Titanics" as all three of these blades are seriously north of 100 grams each.

Carl, you better update the thread with more news before the international press contracts out their work. :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Well, I guess that order of Pommes Frittes got upsized to THREE, maybe I made a similar thread "Battle of the Titanics" as all three of these blades are seriously north of 100 grams each.

Carl, you better update the thread with more news before the international press contracts out their work. :D

You know, it is funny. I got this package today with three rubbers in it. It said it was from Nexy USA. I can’t figure out how these got sent to me:

c563f6a2e9020e2a623f97eee105bd0a.jpg

It is 2 new FXPs in package and one MXK that is cut but looks as close to unused as you can get.

I wonder who sent them. Der_, do you have any ideas on this matter?

I am going to enjoy testing them out on the Nate Limba blade. And I think the Nate blade needs a name. Maybe Andúril. [emoji2]

D

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is funny, I just was reminded that my birthday is tomorrow so, these came just in time for my birthday. That must have been what this was about. Someone from Nexy USA knew it was my birthday. How thoughtful. :)

hahahahahahaha.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, that red sheet of only a few hrs used MX-K is gunna change ur mind about mid-firm rubbers. That sucker is like Karis for linear performance (but faster) on low to medium impacts, but on your power shots and on your heavy spin shots, it is WAY JUICIER.

Glad to see the package of rubbers slipped by Goon Squad Security that vowed to corden off Carl's secret hideout #13 in hte futile effort to "get him" (just like "I'll get you Gadget" !!). Even more surprised those rubbers somehow did NOT magnetically attach themselves to the bait pile of H3 national rubbers up the steps to the entrance just to the left of the door as USPS dropped it off in the mail slot. The survailiance crew must have suddenly got the runs and made emergency trip to the loo... (wonder how I discovered their water supply and added sum clorox to make it 50 ppm ??)

MX-K on that blade on either wing is gunna add sum serious punch and the FX-P, well, Carl likes to pound the opponent with good spin and consistency anyway.

As for knowing the Birthday, well, social media can be wrong and so can doctored public records.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I also think Carl would like the small touch of the tiny Nexy logo I printed in color and sliced to size using the finger chopper-offer, uhm, I mean big arm paper trimmer. It would be nice if Nexy USA actually earned any money to do stuff like this, but I reckon I owe Carl for a space on the floor and future considerations. I do not disparage the floor, when 5 of us Local players drive down together for big-time Los Angeles TT tourneys, we rent a room and two or three of us must take a spot on the floor. I like it on the floor as there is elbow room and leg room. After you do a few yrs in my former occupation, you could sleep anywhere any time you get tired enough and like it.

I got my three Nate-made blades yesterday and loved them all. A bummer that I made TWO dings in the side of one of them already, but easy enough to fix with hte right amount of glue and time... next time I take off the rubbers.

The MX-K and FX-S combo is a juicy puppy dog. Spin all day and unwrap dat Quarter Pounder when you go for it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For those new TTD members NOT knowing what Carl just said, that trick to get rid of hot pursuit is to at the correct time, place a rare Pokemon PIKACHU in Pokemon GO at grid coordinates just past the trap door location, so that the Goon Squad has their eyes on that rare Pikachu while chasing you, and JUST BEFORE they can snatch that sucker, they are over the trap door, Carl activates the trap door (all the while snickering like MUTTLEY) and down go the Goonies into the Hudson or Carl's secret basement septic tank to get wet, depending on where Carl sets up this bait.