Equipment Junkie CoVID Dreams - New Blade Made for Me By Nate

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Darn Carl, hire extra security. NYC gonna so totally call using T64 on the BH of that weapon unfair. Be on guard against getting canceled, they gonna be after you... and once I piss, it takes some time to recharge for me to be able to piss again a cross country stream to land on us enemies pursuing you.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, I finally got to play yesterday and played with the blade with T05 on one side and T64 on the other. Both rubbers felt good on the blade. Not much more to report on that score.

But now, I have glued a sheet of the FXP that Der sent me on one side and the MXK on the other side.

So, next time I play, I will be playing with rubbers that I will likely keep on there. Well....if I like the FXP more than the MXK, I will put the other FXP on so, in that event, it would have FXP on both sides. But, I will wait to see how I like the MXK.

With these rubbers, I will give my V+ a little bit of a break and just use the Nate-Limba blade for a while and see how I feel about it after playing with it exclusively for a few months. It does feel close enough to the V+ that there will probably be very little transition to speak of.

Also, I put the T05/T64 on the OSP blade that I had them make special for me that is: Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba. And since it is the rubbers that were on the Nate-Limba blade yesterday, that should also give me an interesting comparison.

Tomorrow (or, if not tomorrow the next time I play, but probably tomorrow), I will have some fun comparing.

And, Der_ there will be chicken and beer after the product testing tomorrow! :) hahahahahaha.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know Carl is excited about two things right now.

- the Annual change clocks 1 hr forward going on right about now

- the chance to feel a linear, not so exciting low/medium impact rubber with a great top end that ends up exciting
I definitely like MXK.

I am going to leave the blade set up how it is: MXK on FH and FXP on BH. The blade is really similar to the V+. Speed is close enough to the the same that I could not tell you which one is really faster. The feel is very slightly different. The V+ has this big crunch thing when you make big impact and use a little wood where the Nate Vortex-Limba will snap and it will feel like that is more contained in a smaller area.

And, with rubbers that are fresh out of the package the differences in performance between the two rackets seems much less than previously. And I do like how the RedWood core feels.

One thing I noted was, I really like the way the Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba OSP blade feels.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I might call the 110 gram black limba outer FL handle Nate-made blade "The Quarter Pounder Deluxe"... but since it is easy to do other stuff well, maybe I should use another name.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Quarter Pounder Delux is a great name! I love it.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The nate4s made "Quarter Pounder Deluxe" was doing its thing last night.

Confirms I play well using OFF blade and softer modern Dynamic rubbers.

The soon to be posting Tsos had a good laugh at the name... and got an even bigger laugh when I gave him a deadline of this Friday to name his blade/rubber (Ovtchorav Senso Carbob 2x Donic V1 S-T) or else I would make make a name stick that he would really not like at all... like say... The "xxxxxx $10 haircut special" or similar.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Show da pics or it DIDN'T HAPPEN. :D
Family dinner with sister, brother in law and demon spawn. My evil offspring says no photos on TTDaily! Especially no photos of table tennis and chicken dinner. :)

But MXK, I like....

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to say, I have been using the Spin Machine for the last several times I played and it does everything I want. It really does allow me to generate an awesome amount of spin. Receiving serves with this setup with MXK and FXP is really really good. And, I can do everything I want to with it. The blade gives me an awful lot of control but I can really make the ball go fast as well. I can't see needing a blade with more top end speed than this. I can make the ball go like a rocket, and when I do that, I can also make it have a tone of spin.

I am really happy using this blade. And, if I ended up having to change blades in the middle of a tournament (I have never had the need to switch blades even in the middle of a training session) the Spin Machine is close enough to the V+ in play, feel and performance that it would not take more than a few hits from me to be good to go. So, for now, the V+ will be a perfect backup blade for me while using the Vortex Spin Machine.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, the more I play with it, the more I really like the feel of the Redwood core.

I think that extra gear that kicks in is a result of the qualities of the core. But the core really has a nice feeling.

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

This user has no status.
I'm honored that you like it so much! I still haven't had much of a chance to play over the last year and have been dying to spend more time with a few of the 7-ply redwood-core blades I've put together.

I’ve seen some of your redwood cores in person. I really like it remember the grain being true vertical and nice deep color. I’m jealous I think if I remember right where your located you have good access to all kinds of cypress. Not so much over here in Sacramento. Sad haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018

I’ve seen some of your redwood cores in person. I really like it remember the grain being true vertical and nice deep color. I’m jealous I think if I remember right where your located you have good access to all kinds of cypress. Not so much over here in Sacramento. Sad haha

I'm on the Oregon Coast, just about 2 hours north of the California border. I would think that you'd have access to some pretty nice Redwood, since it grows in abundance between where I'm at and Sacramento (though the old-growth stuff is getting harder to find). I just happened to get lucky that this 2-man local sawmill happened to have a quarter of this monster redwood stump that they've been holding on to for nearly 40 years (and that they were willing to custom cut some 1/4" slabs of it for a very reasonable price).