Equipment Junkie CoVID Dreams - New Blade Made for Me By Nate

This user has no status.
Yeah that’s the problem it’s the old growth that you really want. I have a blade from Charlie that’s a single ply made of redwood from the old bay bridge. That’s pretty awesome though you were able to get that piece from them and even better they cut it for you to size!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am looking forward to testing this baby out and putting it through its paces.

As of now, all I can say is, IT LOOKS SEXY AF. But as I hit with it and have more and more impressions about how it feels and how it does things, I will add content.

Part of the idea is that, this blade is Limba-Limba-RedWood-Limba-Limba and has very similar specs to my OSP Virtuoso Plus. However, my V+ has an Ayous core and this blade has a RedWood Core. So I will get to test out how a blade very similar to mine with a RedWood Core plays.

View attachment 22749

View attachment 22750

View attachment 22751

View attachment 22752

View attachment 22753

View attachment 22754

View attachment 22755

I can't wait to get the handle all dirty and stained with sweat soaking into it and a few good dings on the edges. Nothing like a beautiful blade with some battle scars. :)

It's great you brought this up! I started cutting that "thumb-chamfer" on the handle a bit shallower because I liked it lining up flush with most 2.0mm - max rubber (I never liked bumping into the lip of the rubber when I move my thumb around for different shots), but I never gave thought to whether other people would like it. I'm excited to hear your opinion on it once you get a chance to try it out!
I figured I would wake this thread up as well since I was asked about blades by Nate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I'm honored that you like it so much! I still haven't had much of a chance to play over the last year and have been dying to spend more time with a few of the 7-ply redwood-core blades I've put together.

Hello Nate

Are you still making blades? I'm really interested in buying one from you.

Best,
Matti