Blade rubber guidance required

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Well, I am an intermediate player who has started participating in state level competitions and have to compete with national level players..My playing style ,well I mostly chop/push , while returning the serves or building a rally.Also I am trying to develop my top spin game as well.

Kindly suggest a blade and rubber combination which will allow me to play and develop my style of playing I.e chop effectively on both sides as well as develop my top spin shots as well at the same time.Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I am an intermediate player who has started participating in state level competitions and have to compete with national level players..My playing style ,well I mostly chop/push , while returning the serves or building a rally.Also I am trying to develop my top spin game as well.

Kindly suggest a blade and rubber combination which will allow me to play and develop my style of playing I.e chop effectively on both sides as well as develop my top spin shots as well at the same time.Thanks

Ravi, we may have different definitions of levels. But something of what you have said does not seem to me to fit.

You are an INTERMEDIATE player who mostly pushes/chops......and you are trying to "develop" your topspin game as well.

Well, I could internet this as meaning, you are a decent chopper who stands back from the table and chops over and over when someone is looping at you, and if you are successful at chopping (which is NOT PUSHING) then you should be able to tell us what kinds of rubbers and blades would be good for doing that. But, if what you are talking about does not look something like this:

If when you say chop, it does not mean that defensive shot back from the table, and you actually mean push, then the addition of the info "also I am trying to develop my top spin game...." would, from my perspective, mean you are likely not an intermediate level player even if you push quite well.

So, are you a defensive Chopper? If so, what kind of rubbers do you use. Do you use LP or something else? If it is LP, what kind and what is the size of the blade face on your blade? :)

Also, IB66's idea of posting footage would be really useful. It is not really possible to give equipment recommendations that match the needs of the player without seeing how they play.

Last edited: