Not sure between Timo Boll ALC or ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I am an amateur player and still trying to work on my ball placement and but alot of ball on the table so i am not sure what to purchase (Timo Boll ALC/Zlc) because I know that zlc is much faster than the ALC and i am worried that i can't control it . And on the other hand i am worried that the ALC will be slow and i will need to replace it with a faster blade

Timo boll alc is still a pretty fast blade (if I recall correctly).
My guess is that it’s at least fast enough. When I started playing after a long absence I made the common mistake to use a to fast rubber. (The blade is a super fast but I got it as a gift... and it has nostalgic value to me)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I have never tried ZLC but ALC is definitely not slow. It feels slow if your racket speed slow. I don't know your level but i wouldn't suggest an outer ALC blade if you are below intermediate. Even if you are an intermediate player, it is more suitable for attacking player than control-attacking player. Because spin quality is less for slower racket speed than softer blades.

Plus, Timo Boll ALC is fast enough for professional players, it is fast enough for you too.

Please share with us a video that you play, we can share our thoughts more direct to the point.

CLT-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have played with both. Think ALC better if you want to loop more. Personally i feel ZLC more controlled in return game and blocking since it is feels harder, and ALC more bouncy. ZLC make the ball go more straigth and leave racket faster, while ALC the opposite. I remember that i hade problem that ALC felt very bouncey. Now i have an all wood blade and ZLC feels very hard compared to it.

Agree with above that we maybe need a definition of your level.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am an amateur player and still trying to work on my ball placement and but alot of ball on the table so i am not sure what to purchase (Timo Boll ALC/Zlc) because I know that zlc is much faster than the ALC and i am worried that i can't control it . And on the other hand i am worried that the ALC will be slow and i will need to replace it with a faster blade

Issues that would need to be addressed before someone could give you reasonable advice about equipment:

--What blade and rubbers are you using now?
--How long have you been playing?
--You say you are an amateur player and a lot of balls go on the table, but what does that really mean: if someone was blocking for you, would you be able to loop 100 balls in a row on the table? If someone chopped HEAVY backspin at you, what shot would you use to return that with your FH? With your BH?

Do you have any video footage to show us so we actually can see how you play? It is really hard to give advice about equipment without having seen a person play. How could we know if those blades would be useful to you or not without seeing you play?

One last detail: it is worth noting how, at the highest levels of play, many many top professional players use blades very similar to the TB ALC, very few use blades similar to the TB ZLC. See if you can think about some of the reasons why that might be.

Lula gives good info. Merlin's info is good as well. :)