says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
ky9Lajd.jpg

jWlb0St.jpg

jO94LQs.jpg

Jan 2018
It would've been more convincing if Ishikawa got past Hayata and Ito. Ishikawa had the easiest draw among Ito, Hayata and Hirano. As it stands, she has Hayata to thank for sapping Ito.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
JTTA: Maybe we should rethink/reform our selection criteria for Olympics and WTTC.

Other than Mizutani, The entire men's team for WTTC 2020 was annihilated. 1st Uda, 2nd Niwa, 3rd Harimoto, and 4th Morizono.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
the Men's final was very entertaining to watch

OIKAWA saved an incredible match point in the 6th... what a player !!!

he won against the whole JNT , Yoshimura (Maharu), Harimoto, Yoshida (Masaki) and finally Morizono
He has beaten Boll in the German League before.... so not chopped liver...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Ishikawa has steel in her soul. She shows the same fighting spirit that her big sisters Hirano Sayaka and Fukuhara Ai did in many matches years ago. I couldnt be happier that Ishikawa has made it.
Hayata and Ito, Kihara, Nagasaki will have many chances in the future to display the same courage. They know that there are no excuses. Like Ishikawa they must keep fighting if they want to achieve their goals. The Japanese coaches must be really pleased that this 20+year coaching project is showing such good results

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
It would've been more convincing if Ishikawa got past Hayata and Ito. Ishikawa had the easiest draw among Ito, Hayata and Hirano. As it stands, she has Hayata to thank for sapping Ito.

I would be very surprised if Ito or Hayata or Hirano wants to make excuses. They are too professional for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: driversbeat
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
He has beaten Boll in the German League before.... so not chopped liver...

Yea, Oikawa is an excellent player, had great results in the German league, perhaps he was a bit overlooked/underrated in Japan. I think it's been good for him to return to playing/training more in Japan with the T-League... Happy for him, he very much deserves this title.

Jan 2018
well Oikawa won his ticket for the WTTC singles (if they ever happen) with this win

He's set for WTT Middle East. He earned it.

As funny as it sounds now, Mizutani actually predicted Harimoto and Hayata in NHK News Watch 9 aired on the 14th, explaining that even though Ito's serve is "sugoi", as her doubles partner, Hayata is used to coping with it. It turned out true for the most part, Hayata got used to Ito's secret serve by G4 and turned the tables.

oaLxLBR.jpg

3V8P7ix.jpg

PBlCMhA.jpg

Jan 2018
I would be very surprised if Ito or Hayata or Hirano wants to make excuses. They are too professional for that.

en0106.jpg

Be very surprised. Ito did make excuses in the post-match interview.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/table-tennis/2631765/
 敗戦ショックは相当で「立ち直れる状態ではなかったというか、逆に何やってんだろうと笑っちゃったくらい」だったという。
The shock of defeat is considerable, "I had yet to recover, or rather, I laughed at what I was doing."

As a side note, Kurashima did defend Harimoto's form is far from recovered.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202101170000773.html
男子日本代表の倉嶋洋介監督は準々決勝で敗退した張本について「昨年からのコロナの影響で自宅で半年以上、練習していたので、まだ本調子に戻っていない。五輪まで時間がないので、しっかりと強化しないといけない」と語った。
"He's been practicing at home for more than half a year due to corona since last year, and so has yet to get back his form yet. There's no time before the Olympics, so he has to strengthen it with resolve," commented men's team headcoach Yosuke Kurashima.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Before folks waste more of my time, do note that due to the lack of doubles events, the singles matches are scheduled really tight, likely out of safety concerns.

Previously, the 2 WS SFs are usually scheduled on 1 table at, 10:00 and 11:00, before the final at 15:00. Assuming a 7-gamer takes a little over an hour, that means at worst the winner of the 2nd SF gets a little less than 3 hours of rest time.

This time around, the 2 WS SFs were scheduled on 2 tables at 10:00, before the final at 13:00. The match b/w Ito and Hayata took 1 hr and 4 mins(as reported on the match card), which translates to less than 2 hours of rest time. Ishikawa, OTOH, took just 39 mins to best Kihara, despite a score of 4-2. She had 25 more mins to rest. That's a big difference.

Hayata 67:63 Ito, 1 hr 4 mins
2801.jpg

Kihara 47:53 Ishikawa, 39 mins
2802.jpg

Ito 64:63 Ishikawa, 57 mins, confirming my previous claim that Ito kept stalling in her previous match(3 points less but 7 mins less here).
2901.jpg

All-Japan 2020
Ito 66:64 Hayata, 59 mins
2801.jpg

Ishikawa 58:46 Hashimoto, 55 mins
2802.jpg

Hayata 53:39 Ishikawa, 40 mins
2901.jpg

If someone cared to check out my previous posts, seeded players such as Harimoto and Hayata have mentioned about having to play 3 singles matches in a day(at 10:00, 15:00, 17:20, respectively, as opposed to 2 at 10:00, 15:00 in previous editions) on their opening day as a concern.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
A HELL INVADES TOKYO ..
Zero attendance. The event's venue looks much like a [size=+2]mortuary chamber.[/size]
OG void of spectators. It is MUCH a Hell, I feel unhappy for japan goverment. ALL Hopes in vain.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
IT WAS AN INSTANT FIT, I KNOW.

Medically speaking, a hysterical fit happened to Ito Mima at the end of 5 th game. She needs a good drug and good expert care, now. She is sure to cope, I believe.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have to say this was a shocking loss for Harimoto and it confirmed his T-League performances lately where he lost a couple of matches as well. After all the talk about his FH improvements it is confusing. Of course I don't know his training pensum during the Corona crisis, also I wonder if it's related to his height increase. Not looking good for Japan.