'To boost or not to boost'?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused.. It is said that most chinese rubber work best with chemical boosting. Can we use boosters and still compete at ITTF approved trounaments? Is it allowed? If not, is their any chinese rubber (for the forehand) that functions well even without chemical boosting?
Thanks so much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks Yogi_bear,
Any chinese rubber that you would recommend that works optimally without boosing?
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Most of the pain of boosting is thinking without doing it itself. Applying it is even easier than applying glue. A day drying is like another day waiting the delivery...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
:)))) if you play a lot. You have to remove the rubber every 3 months anw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You have to remove the rubber from the blade, this without causing damage. If there is a damage You have to fix it, then wait a day or two before regluing.
No thank You, that is something I want to avoid...

Then polish or varnish the blade. Also isn't Primorac top ply hinoki? Isn't Hinoki harder to damage?

:)))) if you play a lot. You have to remove the rubber every 3 months anw.

I would say it depends on the booster itself.

I do not know of boosters lasting 3 months. Even falco long lasts about 1.5months despite having 2 months effect. Seamoon lasts about a month.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
One way of looking at it is, if you use a Tacky Chinese rubber for the very first time, don’t boost, play with it and see how it plays, get use to it and never boost. Then you’ll never know what you’re missing!!!!;);)

Otherwise try Hybrid tacky rubbers, Joola Golden Tango, Golden Tango PS (which is bouncier) Rakza Z, etc,
some players would still boost these though!! Mind you there’s a fair amount of BTY and ESN rubber users that boost as well!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
boosters are not allowed of course if it is outside factory boosting. if you do not join ITTF sanctioned tourneys then boosting is fine.

Nope sir, many of the countries have adopted the ITTF rules as their own national rules, therefore boosting isn't allowed even at a national level.

Fact is boosters cannot be detected yet, that's why people like you and the international pros circumvent the law. It's like driving fast over the speed limits with a device that makes your car being invisible.

Boosters, like speed glues more than a decade ago, are also being studied cos' they might be harmful, say unhealthy.

Don't use them, period.