'To boost or not to boost'?

Nope sir, many of the countries have adopted the ITTF rules as their own national rules, therefore boosting isn't allowed even at a national level.

Fact is boosters cannot be detected yet, that's why people like you and the international pros circumvent the law. It's like driving fast over the speed limits with a device that makes your car being invisible.

Boosters, like speed glues more than a decade ago, are also being studied cos' they might be harmful, say unhealthy.

Don't use them, period.

Actually boosters do get through non ittf tournaments unless the rubbers exceed 4mm. You do realize that majority of people who play table tennis far exceed people who play them competitively? What do you mean people like me? I do not consider it cheating IF i do not join a tournament that implements such rules nor do i join ittf sanctioned tournaments. At least get your perspectives right. A boosted chinese rubber still cannot compare with the speed of fast euro or japan rubbers. Yes, it makes playing with chinese rubbers a lil easier but it does not make it a better rubber than the ones mentioned above. In fact, you still need a lot of effort playing with boosted chinese rubbers compared to tenergy or other tenergy like rubbers.

You need to put also in perspective that the voc study is more on the speed glue era chemicals and not with newer boosters now. Check the difference. FYI, ITTF posted the dangers of celluloud balls being flammable. If you check the polyballs they are also flammable. If you have been following ittf long enough, you would know what i am talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Nope sir, many of the countries have adopted the ITTF rules as their own national rules, therefore boosting isn't allowed even at a national level.

Fact is boosters cannot be detected yet, that's why people like you and the international pros circumvent the law. It's like driving fast over the speed limits with a device that makes your car being invisible.

Boosters, like speed glues more than a decade ago, are also being studied cos' they might be harmful, say unhealthy.

Don't use them, period.

And of course a player that is good enough to play in national tournament will ask such a question here...

I would rather compare boosting to using nitros on the street...