Sanwei TA-10 Qomolongma Table

Sanwei TA-10 Qomolangma Table

Sanwei TA-10 Qomolangma Table

https://sanweisport.com/english/product/table/ta-10-qomolangma/

This is my very first table. I was only asking for a non-ITTF table but Sanwei was kind enough to send me an ITTF-approved table. This is a well and heavy built table. The frames are bigger than the other tables we have in the club which are from 2 European brands. The Sanwei TA-10 Quomolongma table is made by Sanwei itself since they already have their own production line for tables. They used to outsource the table to another factory but they decided to make their own for better quality control. The one I have now is the prototype version. The final version as of the moment is already out in the market late 2020. The TA-10Q table is very heavy. It weighs 115 kilograms and I am not surprised because of the size of the frames used. I do wish they would divide the table parts into 2 because it is kinda heavy when you are trying to transport it especially if you have a club or playing area that is located in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] or 4[SUP]th[/SUP] floor. This is not a major issue for me but this could make the product better due to being lighter in 2 parts. It took about 4 people lifting and putting this table into our club.

The table top has a light blue color. The blue color is lighter compared to the T-99 Sanwei Table but is in matte blue and is not shiny. If I compare it to the Donic Waldner Classic ITTF table that we have in the club, the Waldner table has a much lighter color. The matte blue color of the TA-10Q is in between the Sanwei T-99’s and Waldner table shade of blue color. Instead of a regular black paint at the sides of the table, Sanwei opted to use the silver color which is quite good-looking to see.

cache.php

cache.php

Let me talk about the wheels of the TA-10Q table. They call these medical wheels and I cannot find the exact description online but having worked in a hospital before as a nurse, I could see the wheels as similar to the wheels being used by stretchers and other hospital carrying contraptions/tables/beds. True to its description, the TA-10Q does not have any noisy or squeaky sounds when being moved across the playing surface. The wheels are have a size of 8 x 125mm and these wheels are slightly larger compared to other wheels from other brands. A net set is also already included with the table as well as tools for the bolts. The wheel housing is made of heavy duty plastic/metal/rubber.

The best feature of this table is the consistent bounce that I can compare even with major European brands. We have used the Waldner Classic tables in our club for many years now and we also have 1 Stiga Expert Roller. The Waldner Classic has some odd bouncing on its surface sometimes. Mind you, we have already changed the table tops to brand new ones since the older table tops already have scratches and dents in the surface but there are times that the bounce after receiving a loop or a spin drive seems to be weird. Sometimes the arc of the ball is too low which is inconsistent with the incoming type of spin being received. Yes, I know there are several types of arcs basing on the types of loops used but this phenomenon has been observed not just by me but a lot of other players through the years. It does not happen always but in a game or 2 there times that this phenomenon happens. The bounce on the TA-10Q is much more consistent in height and there are no dull sounds on the table top compared to the Waldner Classic. The Stiga Expert Roller table has a very good bounce but the dark blue surface has become a bit shiny after years of playing on it and it now reflects some light which sometimes is not ideal for playing. This is due to having a non-matte blue color.

Overall this is on of the best tables I have used that is ITTF approved. The price in the Sanwei website is not the actual price if you buy it from a Sanwei distributor. It is much lower than that. This is the video of the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXMLDSJYxI&pbjreload=101

Last edited: