After boosting has gone from DHS H3 NEO what have you got ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I will make a few comments in general.

What do you have when tuning of H3 is dun for? You got a $20 rubber U can boost again.

TTD and just about every forum literally EVERY DAMN MONTH sees a thread just like this...

- Yet people sign up and ask this same question every month

- Yet we see, like this thread, 30 replies in the first 24 hrs... on a topic as old and worn out as a 50 yr old juicy bar worker

- Yet, we see the same kind of replies and the same lust for discussion of boostings and fishing tales of the big one that got away

- Meanwhile, when even Dan, TTD owner, makes a thread on some useful technique, the Goon Squad has to use dubious coercise tactics just to get 3 or 4 likes and replies in the first couple days on that thread

-

Oh dear, so solly ;)

but it is exactly how the old Tibetan Lama told me : "Life is a bitch .........and then you die " ;)

In the mean-time , back in the Jungle, I can assure you that I only ask stupid questions that I do not know the answers to.
Furthermore, if you read the opening post, it contained the sentence : """If there is a previous post that deals with this please give me a heads-up.
Otherwise I would be glad to get some input. """"" !

again, velly velly solly. In future, when silly ignoramusses like myself ask stupid questions I recommend you simply ignore them and only look at the fings what interests you.

Be kind to all animals

Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Of course, when someone points out that there are theads just like like this every month about how to boost this very same rubber in a hundred different ways, and that such threads continue to get high response, and when someone points out that threads much more important to a player's level are practically ignored, even when the forum owner himself posts it, of course the one pointing out the facts is gunna quickly get branded as an arrogent trouble maker.

Go ahead and issue mobilization orders to deploy the Goon Squad, I am gunna tell it like it is. Go see the judge and magistrate for warrants against me and post my pic wanted on google. :D

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Of course, when someone points out that there are theads just like like this every month about how to boost this very same rubber in a hundred different ways, and that such threads continue to get high response, and when someone points out that threads much more important to a player's level are practically ignored, even when the forum owner himself posts it, of course the one pointing out the facts is gunna quickly get branded as an arrogent trouble maker.

Go ahead and issue mobilization orders to deploy the Goon Squad, I am gunna tell it like it is. Go see the judge and magistrate for warrants against me and post my pic wanted on google. :D

Not at all !!!!
I'd fight to the bitter end to defend your right to to call it the way you see it.
Just keep in mind that our sport is played at many levels and what is "old boring hat" to one player
is absolute news for somebody else.

Reactions: Lazer
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It's exactly as Der_Echte says.
There is a very big mishmash here.
The factory tuning of the H3N is as if there was none, everyone has to tune the H3N themselves.

The factory never claims that there is any boosting. They say that the sponge is special and different to the standard H3 . No manufacturer would make such a claim as it would never get the rubber approved by the Ittf.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020

In the end, it’s a form of tea time conversations. Usually the most meaningful talks take very little space. Most is to fill the void. Thanks to your posts, I found that series that the Korean Samsung Life Insurance’s coach teaches the amateurs. It takes much less space than these. But it’s supposed to. :) Life is strange in its normal way.

Reactions: lodro and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It depends on your style and how often you play. Power loopers will wear out the booster effect faster than hitters.

If you play once a week, the booster can probably last for 3 months.
I don't see how boosting can last for months or weeks. Maybe a day before the boosting fluid is completely vaporized.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I don't see how boosting can last for months or weeks. Maybe a day before the boosting fluid is completely vaporized.

Actually even sooner than a day because from what I have seen in the "how to boost videos" , one has to let the booster completely dry before one applies the glue and attach the rubber to the blade.
This" drying " applies to every layer of booster that is going to be applied.

This is why I think your theory might have a flaw !!!!!!!!!!!!

During the time the booster-oil is evaporating a chemical process changes the qualities of the sponge.
Then a second, slower chemical process , will "reverse" this and the sponge becomes what it was before the boosting. (Probably with some loss of the original qualities)

Something to ponder anyway :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Ok. Let me clarify some of the physics of boosting. Since I can read Chinese I have read a lot of how people in Chinese Provincial teams boost their H3.

The usual order of application is GGBBGG for a 40 degree H3. G - water based glue, B - booster oil.

The reason why you must apply two layers of G is that, the water based layer allows uniform absorption of the oil. If you apply the oil DIRECTLY onto a sponge, there will be uneven absorption.

The G layers applied on the oil layers is a grey area. CNT apply 7 layers due to the massive increase of speed. The G layers pretty much seal the oil therefore the only place the oil can evaporate is the SIDE of the sponge. Some people in China put edge tapes on not for the sake of protecting the blade, but to further seal the sponge.

The oil absorbed into the tiny holes in the sponge is in liquid form, expanding the holes therefore resulting in a higher tension in both the sponge and topsheet.

Over time the oil becomes harder. Think of the oil in the kitchen. Do you notice the oil stuck on a rangehood over years are hard? That’s because it has lost the liquidity.

The same will happen to the B oil inside the sponge. Once the sponge is glued onto a blade, the surface area through which oil evaporates is very minimal. That’s why if you properly boost a H3, it can last 1-3 months.

Reactions: Tango K and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
For the record I have never heard any player that boosts to buy neo versions of h3 I my self play and boost the normal version even tomorrow table tennis youtuber very good player says in his boost video don’t buy neo version if you want to boost I guess the sponge gets mushy or something I know from a friend however that he got skyline tg3 neo and says after one month the rubber became dead out of the blue so I guess there is something like boost effect but never tried it I wanna do the boosting my self.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Ok. Let me clarify some of the physics of boosting. Since I can read Chinese I have read a lot of how people in Chinese Provincial teams boost their H3.

The usual order of application is GGBBGG for a 40 degree H3. G - water based glue, B - booster oil.

The reason why you must apply two layers of G is that, the water based layer allows uniform absorption of the oil. If you apply the oil DIRECTLY onto a sponge, there will be uneven absorption.

The G layers applied on the oil layers is a grey area. CNT apply 7 layers due to the massive increase of speed. The G layers pretty much seal the oil therefore the only place the oil can evaporate is the SIDE of the sponge. Some people in China put edge tapes on not for the sake of protecting the blade, but to further seal the sponge.

The oil absorbed into the tiny holes in the sponge is in liquid form, expanding the holes therefore resulting in a higher tension in both the sponge and topsheet.

Over time the oil becomes harder. Think of the oil in the kitchen. Do you notice the oil stuck on a rangehood over years are hard? That’s because it has lost the liquidity.

The same will happen to the B oil inside the sponge. Once the sponge is glued onto a blade, the surface area through which oil evaporates is very minimal. That’s why if you properly boost a H3, it can last 1-3 months.

Ohhhh, you have done it now my friend !!!!!!!
""brokenball""" will be coming down on you like a ton of bricks :D:D:D

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
For the record I have never heard any player that boosts to buy neo versions of h3 I my self play and boost the normal version even tomorrow table tennis youtuber very good player says in his boost video don’t buy neo version if you want to boost I guess the sponge gets mushy or something I know from a friend however that he got skyline tg3 neo and says after one month the rubber became dead out of the blue so I guess there is something like boost effect but never tried it I wanna do the boosting my self.

Thanks for your kind input.
However, this post is NOT in regards to buying NEOs to boost.
It is for those , like myself, who bought NEOs because they DO NOT want to boost and after a very short time realize that all the factory promises have disapeared . :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021

This is the first time I've heard of this method and it's quite interesting. I may have to give this a try!

Do the Chinese provincial teams boost Neo rubbers or non-Neo rubbers? Which booster do the teams most commonly use? I'm assuming it's not Haifu Seamoon, so maybe Haifu black/yellow/brown oil, Kailin, Dianchi or Lidu?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
This is the first time I've heard of this method and it's quite interesting. I may have to give this a try!

Do the Chinese provincial teams boost Neo rubbers or non-Neo rubbers? Which booster do the teams most commonly use? I'm assuming it's not Haifu Seamoon, so maybe Haifu black/yellow/brown oil, Kailin, Dianchi or Lidu?

I doubt they use anything commercially available.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I hoped for some simplification where there is none :( I didn't do many boost cycles so far, but I noticed that if I don't do GG (2) first, then I have a hard time getting the glue from the rubber, and if I don't do GG (2) last, then the rubber may want to detach.

P.S. Is this the master himself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awd_DEsIzKo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I hoped for some simplification where there is none :( I didn't do many boost cycles so far, but I noticed that if I don't do GG (2) first, then I have a hard time getting the glue from the rubber, and if I don't do GG (2) last, then the rubber may want to detach.

P.S. Is this the master himself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awd_DEsIzKo

you mean removing the glue? It depends solely on the amount of glue. Obviously 5 layers (4 plus 1 on blade) is thicker than 3. You can always simplify. Pros always overcomplicate things because they are sensitive. I do 2 layers straight onto the sponge and it works really well.

i do think we should do it in our own simplified way since the easier it is, the more frequent we are happy to redo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
you mean removing the glue? It depends solely on the amount of glue. Obviously 5 layers (4 plus 1 on blade) is thicker than 3. You can always simplify. Pros always overcomplicate things because they are sensitive. I do 2 layers straight onto the sponge and it works really well.

i do think we should do it in our own simplified way since the easier it is, the more frequent we are happy to redo.

So you do BBGG? That is a simplification indeed, but when I did that and tried to remove the glue it was kind of mushy-gluey on the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I will make a few comments in general.

What do you have when tuning of H3 is dun for? You got a $20 rubber U can boost again.

TTD and just about every forum literally EVERY DAMN MONTH sees a thread just like this...

- Yet people sign up and ask this same question every month

- Yet we see, like this thread, 30 replies in the first 24 hrs... on a topic as old and worn out as a 50 yr old juicy bar worker

- Yet, we see the same kind of replies and the same lust for discussion of boostings and fishing tales of the big one that got away

- Meanwhile, when even Dan, TTD owner, makes a thread on some useful technique, the Goon Squad has to use dubious coercise tactics just to get 3 or 4 likes and replies in the first couple days on that thread

-

I just want to say that when I read that it made me feel very good. Usually when someone looks desperate, I don't feel good. But this time I felt ZERO need to fix it. Thanks :):):)