After boosting has gone from DHS H3 NEO what have you got ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have equipped a couple of my blades with DHS Hurrican 3 commercial.
I chose Standard H3 on my forehand and NEOs on the backhand.
I now found that after a couple of months I turned the blade around because
the Standard H3 has maintained both it's tackiness and bounciness , while
the NEOs have become kinda "flat"

I assume the factory boosting in the NEOs has finished .

If there is a previous post that deals with this please give me a heads-up.
Otherwise I would be glad to get some input.
It a bit confusing and i wonder if i should start getting some Haifu seamoon and start boosting.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Even with the factory boosting on, the H3 neo still feels "flat" for me. With the polyballs, boosting is the only thing that can help you decrease the extra effort when looping with h3.

Thanks for your input Yogi bear. 1 free picnic basket to you ;)
Of course ido know that all good TT players consider the H3s to be as flat as a pancake but I am not playing TT on this kind of level and for me it is plenty fast.

I replaced the H3 on my BH by a NEO to get a bit of more feel and spin and it did work.
But now I can actually do this better with the plain old H3.
The NEO on my FH now feels more like a """Flat-hammer"""

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
SHORT-LIVING TRASHY RUBBERS.

H3 Neo was specifically designed for the use by national China team. A monthly supply is 20 pcs per player.
CNT player used to swop to another rubber each 3 days. They throw out used rubbers into big waste basket.
THE original quality of H3 Neo only lasts 1 week.
/Be happy./

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
SHORT-LIVING TRASHY RUBBERS.

H3 Neo was specifically designed for the use by national China team. A monthly supply is 20 pcs per player.
CNT player used to swop to another rubber each 3 days. They throw out used rubbers into big waste basket.
THE original quality of H3 Neo only lasts 1 week.
/Be happy./

Sure, but members of the China team do not use the cheap commercial H3 , they use the National version.
They also do not have to pay for the rubbers, they are carefully prepared for them by the manufacturer.
Also at any highest level of sport a competitor does not want to take any chances , too much is at stake.

Look at a formula 1 race, they have to change the tires twice just to get them through the race and in Motogp
often the tires start to go off in the last part of a race.

But I digress. Back to Table tennis. I remember not that long ago seeing this lovely video of Timo Boll preparing his rackets for a big competition. He got 5 or 6 new blades and a dozen Dignics , very expensive rubbers , and i am sure that after the competition he got a complete set of new gear again.

I am not a good TT player , only play club competition at a senior level . Top quality rubbers would be wasted on me.

P.S. I ordered a bottle of booster.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
If you want boosted H3, get Haifu seamoon or any booster. I think the factory booster is not as strong as Haifu, so you can get better boosted feeling by boosting ontop of the factory boost. Also, for most people H3 can last a long time without bubbling/breaking, so you should re-boost after a while to maintain the boosted feel.

If you don't want to boost or are considering wether or not to boost, I don't boost at all when I use 39 degree H3 neo and the performance and feel is great. It's on my current racket now and still feels high performing after a month. Nonboosted H3 is not that far from a boosted h3 to me. Another plus is that an nonboosted rubber doesn't break as easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If you want boosted H3, get Haifu seamoon or any booster. I think the factory booster is not as strong as Haifu, so you can get better boosted feeling by boosting ontop of the factory boost. Also, for most people H3 can last a long time without bubbling/breaking, so you should re-boost after a while to maintain the boosted feel.

If you don't want to boost or are considering wether or not to boost, I don't boost at all when I use 39 degree H3 neo and the performance and feel is great. It's on my current racket now and still feels high performing after a month. Nonboosted H3 is not that far from a boosted h3 to me. Another plus is that an nonboosted rubber doesn't break as easily.

thank you for your kind input.
I started using normal H3 on both BH and FH , then knowledgeable people suggested I might get the better feel on my BH getting a NEO. So I bought a 37 degree and this felt just right. But not anymore.
The factory boosting gone the NEO does not even feel as good as the standard H3.
That is why my question : When the factory boosting has gone ......what have I got left ?
I did order a bottle of the Seamoon Haifu stuff and as an experiment will try and see if it restores the "feel and bounce" of the original factory boost.

I am doing this kinda reluctantly as i have never bothered with boosting before but if this will do the trick ???
Otherwise I can simply stick with normal H3 , I did alright like that before NEO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Why not buy a faster rubber so you don't feel the need to boost it?
Why do you need a faster rubber?
I have played with H3 Neo and the other Neos. I probably have bought about 10 or more sheets.
They aren't fast. They do last longer than most rubbers but eventually they become dead before they look worn.
I have speed glued H3 Neos. I really didn't think it helped much.
Another problem is that you always have to adapt to the ever changing rubber.

I wish I thought of the booster scam.
$$$

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Too bad that the factory faster rubbers are fast until they aren't.

PS: Although, I must say, that 1-1.5 month old MX-P that weren't destroyed until then, are rather very pleasant experience.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Why do you need a faster rubber?
I have played with H3 Neo and the other Neos. I probably have bought about 10 or more sheets.
They aren't fast. They do last longer than most rubbers but eventually they become dead before they look worn.
I have speed glued H3 Neos. I really didn't think it helped much.
Another problem is that you always have to adapt to the ever changing rubber.

I wish I thought of the booster scam.
$$$

I never stated i needed a faster rubber. It was all about the softer rubber and the better feel that the NEO
was supposed to give me.
Actually I stated that both H3 and the NEO are fast enough.
This post is about :
What have we got left in a NEO once the factory boosting has gone.
Obviously nothing much.

I had shifted 1 Neo after a couple of weeks use because my new blade had arrived and after taking the rubber off, all the "gluey sponge cover" went away with the old glue. Maybe the re-glueing process helped to kill the factory-boost ?

Like i said above, I am not keen starting to boost but i am willing to do it as an experiment.
Most likely I will go back to simply using Standard H3s on both FH and BH...........un-boosted.

My personal experience of H3 Neo after the factory tuning has worn off is you end up with a very slightly softer version of the non-neo.

Which seems to be the opposite of what you are getting. If it really bothers you, you can try to see if you can just get your hands on a softer version of H3 non-neo for your backhand and see how that feels for you.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
My personal experience of H3 Neo after the factory tuning has worn off is you end up with a very slightly softer version of the non-neo.

Which seems to be the opposite of what you are getting. If it really bothers you, you can try to see if you can just get your hands on a softer version of H3 non-neo for your backhand and see how that feels for you.

Do you mean like this one ??
[h=1]DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft[/h]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
thank you for your kind input.
I started using normal H3 on both BH and FH , then knowledgeable people suggested I might get the better feel on my BH getting a NEO. So I bought a 37 degree and this felt just right. But not anymore.
The factory boosting gone the NEO does not even feel as good as the standard H3.
That is why my question : When the factory boosting has gone ......what have I got left ?
I did order a bottle of the Seamoon Haifu stuff and as an experiment will try and see if it restores the "feel and bounce" of the original factory boost.

I am doing this kinda reluctantly as i have never bothered with boosting before but if this will do the trick ???
Otherwise I can simply stick with normal H3 , I did alright like that before NEO

The factory boost isn't something you need to worry about. I know of some people who actually get rid of the factory boost layer in favor of boosting the rubber themselves. You might get a better feel using your own booster. Different branded boosters may give different feelings, but seamoon and h3 neo are a match made in heaven.

If you truly feel comfortable with normal H3 go for it! Otherwise, as long as you properly boost the h3 neo, it should be better than the factory boost.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The factory boost isn't something you need to worry about. I know of some people who actually get rid of the factory boost layer in favor of boosting the rubber themselves. You might get a better feel using your own booster. Different branded boosters may give different feelings, but seamoon and h3 neo are a match made in heaven.

If you truly feel comfortable with normal H3 go for it! Otherwise, as long as you properly boost the h3 neo, it should be better than the factory boost.

Thanks for the input.
BTW. how do they get rid of the factory booster ? Is it just the yellowish -gluey layer on the sponge ?
I was under the impression that booster actually soaks into the sponge.
Anyway, I lost the gluey-layer when i took the rubber off a blade to put it on my newest blade.

My bottle of Seamoon is on the aeroplane from china and i got some spare neo 39/2.2mm so i will give the boosting business a try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Thanks for the input.
BTW. how do they get rid of the factory booster ? Is it just the yellowish -gluey layer on the sponge ?
I was under the impression that booster actually soaks into the sponge.
Anyway, I lost the gluey-layer when i took the rubber off a blade to put it on my newest blade.

My bottle of Seamoon is on the aeroplane from china and i got some spare neo 39/2.2mm so i will give the boosting business a try

You are right that the majority of the booster gets soaked into the sponge. I think there is a portion that stays within the glue layer but I guess it depends on how long the rubber has been sitting for. It might be that removing the glue layer does nothing to the booster effect but I don't think so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You believe boosting is a myth?
No, it definitely changes the rubber but now the player must be constantly adapting to how the rubber changes as the gas dissipates.

It isn't the liquid that makes the rubber softer. It is the vaporized liquid, gas, that makes the rubber soft. Liquids don't compress much. They do a little but not much. Gases compress a lot more.

Do you mean like this one ??
DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft

Hurricane 3-50 is it's own thing, with some kind of spring sponge, I put it in the same category of rubber as Hurricane 8. They may be worth trying on their own merits, but are a bit more expensive than regular H3/H3 neo commercial.

Depending on where you are, and what shop you buy from, H3 and H3 neo are available in different hardnesses.

If you look at that dropdown, you can see you can choose between different colours and hardnesses.

Untitled.jpg
It depends on the place you buy from, some give you options on hardness and sponge thickness. Many places I know do not.

Reactions: lodro