After boosting has gone from DHS H3 NEO what have you got ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I forgot the title. H3 NEO. I’m not sure about the NEO as the factory glue layer is a bit weird. I use normal H3, Falco, thick glue (stiga attach power). 2+1 layers and removing glue is just entertaining. It’s dry and plasticky, just the same as how it is on unboosted ESN, except the non-porous sponge is a lot easier to work with.

Reactions: latej
just my 2 cents on the topic of how factory booster evaporates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOeeyU-gIus

I just boosted H3 with the way SFF_lib mentions (2 layers of DHS #15, 3 layers of Falco). I am going to apply it today and make a second video of my impressions.

Remember, it's very subjective and a more skilled person can probably play continuous top spins even without booster. I can't.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I forgot the title. H3 NEO. I’m not sure about the NEO as the factory glue layer is a bit weird. I use normal H3, Falco, thick glue (stiga attach power). 2+1 layers and removing glue is just entertaining. It’s dry and plasticky, just the same as how it is on unboosted ESN, except the non-porous sponge is a lot easier to work with.

Hope restored.

H3 Neo commercial 37 and 41 is on the way from Playa. It will take time until I get to plain H3, but I will. Using Falco and Revolution Nr. 3 now (not very thick, but good, doesn't clump). May I ask what hardneses of H3 you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hope restored.

H3 Neo commercial 37 and 41 is on the way from Playa. It will take time until I get to plain H3, but I will. Using Falco and Revolution Nr. 3 now (not very thick, but good, doesn't clump). May I ask what hardneses of H3 you use?

40 degree Blue Sponge. If you boost, there is nothing magical between normal and NEO. It's just a matter of preference. I tried H3 commercial and H3 NEO commercial when I started. Played very similar to me. And the non-NEO is certainly a lot easier to handle with the boosting, so I stick with it.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have equipped a couple of my blades with DHS Hurrican 3 commercial.
I chose Standard H3 on my forehand and NEOs on the backhand.
I now found that after a couple of months I turned the blade around because
the Standard H3 has maintained both it's tackiness and bounciness , while
the NEOs have become kinda "flat"

I assume the factory boosting in the NEOs has finished .

If there is a previous post that deals with this please give me a heads-up.
Otherwise I would be glad to get some input.
It a bit confusing and i wonder if i should start getting some Haifu seamoon and start boosting.

At the end of the day you've still got H3 Neo !!!!

It's not the only rubber that has a drop in performance, loss of tackiness etc.

H3 Neo provincial version I've used (orange sponge) has a seal / glue on the face of the sponge, Why apply this coat?? it's additional time and cost to the manufacturer, this suggests that the sponge has been 'tuned' 'boosted or whatever at the factory!! the coat is there to seal in the treatment, help reduce evaporation etc.

Basically, any Chinese tacky rubbers are considered 'better' when boosted by the player, (regardless of what the factory has done!!) which if discovered is illegal !!!

An alternative is H8, plays similar to H3 Neo Provincial (un-boosted) costs less than Provincial H3 Neo, lasts better. will still feel 'dead' when you do the bounce test, but for me plays better when some of tack was 'lost'

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
40 degree Blue Sponge. If you boost, there is nothing magical between normal and NEO. It's just a matter of preference. I tried H3 commercial and H3 NEO commercial when I started. Played very similar to me. And the non-NEO is certainly a lot easier to handle with the boosting, so I stick with it.

Thanks, this is useful info.

Regarding the hardness, you use the same rel. hard 40 degree also for BH? That is my last question, I promise...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Basically, any Chinese tacky rubbers are considered 'better' when boosted by the player, (regardless of what the factory has done!!) which if discovered is illegal !!!

I agree with Music&Ping's hard position that it is illegal, we should not use it, it's official, point, end of discussion. That is the higher ground.

But, first, on my level, no-one cares. Also I do not care if some one uses speed glue when playing against me, and people still do. And second, I also disagree with this particular rule against booster oil.

(Edit: The way I wrote this is not very lucky. Peace.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks, this is useful info.

Regarding the hardness, you use the same rel. hard 40 degree also for BH? That is my last question, I promise...

:cool::cool::cool:It's ok. I by no means am as a good level and knowledgeable as yogi_bear or Carl or Der_Echte so don't buy my answers too much. yogi_bear talks short but he's a master of H3. But I'm certainly enjoying talking about my own doing.

40 degree on my forehand could be a little too hard if I had a H3 coach but I like the feel so I just stick with it.
On backhand I use Rakza Z, which is probably as hard as MX-P 50, or 39 degree DHS, and feeling ok with it just before the 3rd English lockdown. Rakza Z feels much bouncier and "softer" though as I switch to it sometimes to have understanding. I certainly can't loop with it on the forehand, feeling too soft and too quick. Ball goes out all the time and I don't feel that "sticky" touch. The difference is large too me. Some more experienced players (like yogi_bear) may not feel that way as they are much better at adapting.

So I don't know much about H3 on backhand unfortunately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
:cool::cool::cool:It's ok. I by no means am as a good level and knowledgeable as yogi_bear or Carl or Der_Echte so don't buy my answers too much. yogi_bear talks short but he's a master of H3. But I'm certainly enjoying talking about my own doing.

40 degree on my forehand could be a little too hard if I had a H3 coach but I like the feel so I just stick with it.
On backhand I use Rakza Z, which is probably as hard as MX-P 50, or 39 degree DHS, and feeling ok with it just before the 3rd English lockdown. Rakza Z feels much bouncier and "softer" though as I switch to it sometimes to have understanding. I certainly can't loop with it on the forehand, feeling too soft and too quick. Ball goes out all the time and I don't feel that "sticky" touch. The difference is large too me. Some more experienced players (like yogi_bear) may not feel that way as they are much better at adapting.

So I don't know much about H3 on backhand unfortunately.

Thanks. Btw. that matches my experience with Rakza Z precisely. I liked it on the BH, more than Rakza X. I didn't try Rakza Z EH on FH and lost interest later.

The information about how you boost, and what glue you use, is very useful for me.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hope restored.

How interesting how we draw so different conclusions.
I think I will try to flog off my remaining NEOs and just buy ornary Commercial H3. 38 or 39 degrees. ;););)
Seamoon is on it's way too.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I agree with Music&Ping's hard position that it is illegal, we should not use it, it's official, point, end of discussion. That is the higher ground.

But, first, on my level, no-one cares. Also I do not care if some one uses speed glue when playing against me, and people still do. And second, I also disagree with this particular rule against booster oil.

Good comment .
At my level also nobody cares , not even during club -competitions.:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
How interesting how we draw so different conclusions.
I think I will try to flog off my remaining NEOs and just buy ornary Commercial H3. 38 or 39 degrees. ;););)
Seamoon is on it's way too.

;) I ordered it on 31.12. already, it came to CR on 9.1., but didn't arrive to me yet. If I knew, I'd also buy ordinary... To find the right hardness, it will require some trial(s)...

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Another thing to consider is sponge thickness, if you are playing sanctioned tourneys etc the easy check is for the 4mm thickness of top sheet, most players avoid the DHS 2.2mm sponges, and go for the 2.15mm versions, allows for more coats of glue and booster!!!

like many of you I really don’t care if people boost etc, I’ve tried it out and can take or leave it !! I’m inclined to leave it at present, mainly because if you play a lot, league matches, training etc you’ll likely need 2 set ups, so when 1 needs re-boosting you can use the other one. Also, at my level of play, does using a boosted rubber improve my level, unlikely.
However it is FUN when you boost and see that dome !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
This is the first time I've heard of this method and it's quite interesting. I may have to give this a try!

Do the Chinese provincial teams boost Neo rubbers or non-Neo rubbers? Which booster do the teams most commonly use? I'm assuming it's not Haifu Seamoon, so maybe Haifu black/yellow/brown oil, Kailin, Dianchi or Lidu?

Chinese provincial and national teams have access to Haifu black oil which dramatically expands the tiny holes inside the sponge. However, the sponge will wear out far more quickly than if using the commercial Seamoon yellow oil. But they have almost unlimited supply of H3 Blue sponge. So it doesn’t really matter to them.

For amateurs the commercial Seamoon yellow oil works just fine.

It’s crazy how they have commercial and professional grade of oil these days.

They boost the non-Neo version as the Neo already has a few layers of VoC free glue. They say the non neo version absorbs oil better.

Reactions: SpinSquid and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I hoped for some simplification where there is none :( I didn't do many boost cycles so far, but I noticed that if I don't do GG (2) first, then I have a hard time getting the glue from the rubber, and if I don't do GG (2) last, then the rubber may want to detach.

P.S. Is this the master himself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awd_DEsIzKo

The ease of removing the rubber depends on the glue. The Chinese provincial and national use only the Nittaku Finzip or DHS No15. They have strong elasticity so the layer of glue stays on unbroken. It layer can be removed with ease.

Reactions: SpinSquid and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Chinese provincial and national teams have access to Haifu black oil which dramatically expands the tiny holes inside the sponge. However, the sponge will wear out far more quickly than if using the commercial Seamoon yellow oil. But they have almost unlimited supply of H3 Blue sponge. So it doesn’t really matter to them.
For amateurs the commercial Seamoon yellow oil works just fine.

It’s crazy how they have commercial and professional grade of oil these days.

They boost the non-Neo version as the Neo already has a few layers of VoC free glue. They say the non neo version absorbs oil better.

Thanks for all this insight!

Does DHS make a non-Neo version of the 37 degree Hurricane for the provincial players that use it on their backhand? From what I've seen so far, the 37 degree Hurricane is just Neo.

If the 37 degree Hurricane only has a Neo version, do they have a different way of boosting it? (Since the Neo versions already have a few layers of VoC free glue)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I normally just apply a layer of glue before booster. Who knows when the glue layer was applied. If you apply a fresh layer of glue you can ensure uniform absorption of the booster oil.

Does DHS make a non-Neo version of the 37 degree Hurricane for the provincial players that use it on their backhand? From what I've seen so far, the 37 degree Hurricane is just Neo.

If the 37 degree Hurricane only has a Neo version, do they have a different way of boosting it? (Since the Neo versions already have a few layers of VoC free glue)

This user has no status.

DHS H3 provincial is from hardness 38 to 41.
For interest:
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15M36 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 RED

N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 RED

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
DHS H3 provincial is from hardness 38 to 41.
For interest:
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15M36 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 RED
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 BLACK
N.GH2 DHS NEO HURRICANE 2 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 RED

N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM35 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM35 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM36 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM36 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM37 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM37 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM38 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.15MM38 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM39 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM40 RED
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 BLACK
N.GH3 DHS NEO HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL EDITION 2.1MM41 RED

You don’t see the 38 degree DHS for sale often though!!