After boosting has gone from DHS H3 NEO what have you got ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Long term H3 and TG2 user here. I have literally played almost all versions of H3.

I agree with Yogi, even Neo H3 feels flat to me. I always boost with Seamoon oil. In my experience, 2-3 layers of oil would soften the sponge by 1 degree. So if you boost a 40degree H3 with 2-3 layers, the sponge would feel approximately 39 degree. Of course this sponge would feel more lively with more speed and spin than an unbolted 39degree.

Back to your question, after 1-3 months I always reboost with 1-2 layers. It has worked well.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Long term H3 and TG2 user here. I have literally played almost all versions of H3.

I agree with Yogi, even Neo H3 feels flat to me. I always boost with Seamoon oil. In my experience, 2-3 layers of oil would soften the sponge by 1 degree. So if you boost a 40degree H3 with 2-3 layers, the sponge would feel approximately 39 degree. Of course this sponge would feel more lively with more speed and spin than an unbolted 39degree.

Back to your question, after 1-3 months I always reboost with 1-2 layers. It has worked well.

What is your procedure, GGBBGG? Thanks.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Too bad that the factory faster rubbers are fast until they aren't.

PS: Although, I must say, that 1-1.5 month old MX-P that weren't destroyed until then, are rather very pleasant experience.

I will take this opportunity to remind the Table Tennis Community as a PUBLIC SERVIC ANNOUNCEMENT that Sergey Tsos Scoobie Doo is always on the lookout for used sheets of MX-P in 2.1 sponge any color.

He absolutely LOVES how linear that rubber is on low and medium end and that rubber gets less spin sensite, while retaining abiity to load up spin with the right grip and impact.

PM Der_Echte for serious donation considerations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I will take this opportunity to remind the Table Tennis Community as a PUBLIC SERVIC ANNOUNCEMENT that Sergey Tsos Scoobie Doo is always on the lookout for used sheets of MX-P in 2.1 sponge any color.

He absolutely LOVES how linear that rubber is on low and medium end and that rubber gets less spin sensite, while retaining abiity to load up spin with the right grip and impact.

PM Der_Echte for serious donation considerations.
Lolz, if I would have such source I would get them lolz. The issue is, kids that I train with absolutely decimate those rubber until they change them. 3-5 trainings 3hrs each does take toll on any rubber. My coach straight refuses to use brand new MX-P sheets in competitions, he always give them ~10hrs of break in to make them more sane.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think your coach is "Barking up the right tree" as Americans would say. I think it is a good idea with modern dynamic rubbers to glue them on, have a session, re-glue them and do another sesssion beofre doing a tourney. I think that is a safe wasy to assure the glue job and consistency.

Even old school rubbers back in the day many players followed a PRIMING protocol something similar before they went to speed gluing the rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Thanks for this info. I just checked and I got 3 H3 and 3 NEOs and they are all 40 degrees. I shall give this boosting -thingy a go when my seamoon arrives. I once treated an old but unused 999 rubber with baby oil.
To begin with it was as hard as some leather after a few treatments with the baby oil it was actually quite nice to play with.

P.S I am giving up on this post now because reading on I have seen the clowns have taken it over talking about MX-p etc ;););)

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for this info. I just checked and I got 3 H3 and 3 NEOs and they are all 40 degrees. I shall give this boosting -thingy a go when my seamoon arrives. I once treated an old but unused 999 rubber with baby oil.
To begin with it was as hard as some leather after a few treatments with the baby oil it was actually quite nice to play with.

P.S I am giving up on this post now because reading on I have seen the clowns have taken it over talking about MX-p etc ;););)

The EJ virus is always there [emoji29]

But put EJ aside, nothing, absolutely nothing can beat the max spin and speed of boosted H3. H3 remains as the default FH rubber for all CNT members for a reason.

Reactions: latej
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The EJ virus is always there [emoji29]

No vaccine for this kinda virus ;)

But put EJ aside, nothing, absolutely nothing can beat the max spin and speed of boosted H3. H3 remains as the default FH rubber for all CNT members for a reason.

But of course they would be using the expensive National version made from "unobtainium."

Reactions: latej
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Just to make it clear: Are you talking about the ornary commercially available H3 37 degree or the fancy 37 degree that is , I think, available in China as a Provincial and/or National version ???

H3 Neo Provincial and National (orange sponge) are available in Europe now, 37 degree, at DHS-729
37 degree H3 should be available on Aliexpress.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
H3 Neo Provincial and National (orange sponge) are available in Europe now, 37 degree, at DHS-729
37 degree H3 should be available on Aliexpress.

Thanks, Yes, I got 1 37 degree from Playa at Aliexpress. It has the 37 degree written on the barcode label but not on the front cover . They also had it in red not black and in the moment nobody on Aliexpress seems to have any stock.
Also, It is the very rubber which made me start this post because after very little use it has now gone flatter than my standard H3 39/2.15 ??????????????

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There is an H3N degree 37 commercial, provincial and national.
H3 commercial degree 37 will be later, because the price of transport from China is currently insanely high. The assumption is April.

Thank you for this info and the website.
I noticed in the description of the commercial NEO 37 it mentions that and I quote: Already 1 layer of glue has been added to the sponge !!!!
It also mentions the special qualities of the sponge but it never says that it has been boosted from the factory.
I remember a post here on this forum where there were two opposing opinions , some people were of the opinion that the glue had been applied to protect the boosting , also the vacuum packaging.)
The other side was of the opinion that there was NO BOOSTING

Your input would be very very welcome

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I will make a few comments in general.

What do you have when tuning of H3 is dun for? You got a $20 rubber U can boost again.

TTD and just about every forum literally EVERY DAMN MONTH sees a thread just like this...

- Yet people sign up and ask this same question every month

- Yet we see, like this thread, 30 replies in the first 24 hrs... on a topic as old and worn out as a 50 yr old juicy bar worker

- Yet, we see the same kind of replies and the same lust for discussion of boostings and fishing tales of the big one that got away

- Meanwhile, when even Dan, TTD owner, makes a thread on some useful technique, the Goon Squad has to use dubious coercise tactics just to get 3 or 4 likes and replies in the first couple days on that thread

-

Reactions: lasta
Thank you for this info and the website.
I noticed in the description of the commercial NEO 37 it mentions that and I quote: Already 1 layer of glue has been added to the sponge !!!!
It also mentions the special qualities of the sponge but it never says that it has been boosted from the factory.
I remember a post here on this forum where there were two opposing opinions , some people were of the opinion that the glue had been applied to protect the boosting , also the vacuum packaging.)
The other side was of the opinion that there was NO BOOSTING

Your input would be very very welcome

H3 Neo are by default factory tuned, regular H3 are not.

H3 packaging makes it really hard to tell exactly what variety of H3 you ended up with, but the factory boosting is basically the dividing line between Neo and just regular H3.