TSP Super Ventus and Ventus Spin - Anyone played with it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Reactions: JNicholas and IB66
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ventus, released in 2013, belongs to the wave of Bluefire/Rasant/Evolution...from 2012, which was IMHO the "last big jump" for ESN. Ventus Spin is usable on the FH, which was "big" for Tensors.

The series will get a facelift under Victas. Victas claims the performance will remain unchanged.

https://www.victas.com/special/ja_jp/tsphistory/index.html#tsph-inheritance
https://www.victas.com/ja_jp/info/r...important_news/2020/12/01-16-46#languageBlock
Victas - TSP
Ventus Extra - Super Ventus
Ventus Stiff - Ventus Speed
Ventus Limber - Ventus Spin
Abandoned - Ventus Soft
Ventus Regular - Ventus Basic

Reactions: JNicholas
I’ve had a Stiga Def Pro for a couple of years, it’s a little quicker than a normal defensive blade, very good for mixed modern Def/attack play style, never used it with SP/LP so don’t know what it’s like with that type of rubber. From memory I started of with Ten80fx on FH and Donic slice40 1.5mm sponge on Bh.
very good for BH chop, blocks, pushes etc very controlled, T80FX was still pretty quick, (but I haven’t really got on with this rubber, regardless of which blade it’s been on!!)
At present it’s not glued up with rubbers, last set up on it was Battle II provincial 39 deg sponge (blue FH/orange BH) even with slower tacky rubbers on it there’s still enough speed.

from my experience with the Def Pro it’s good with ESN/spring sponge and tacky rubbers !!
If there’s rubbers that you’ve used and like, or are currently using, then it would be a good idea to try with those first so you get a reference for how the blade plays compared to current set up. Only issue is blade size, Def Pro has large head size, so rubbers taken off old std head size blade will be too small to totally cover the Def Pro!! :)

I see on your profile you use also R48. Is it quite similar to Super Ventus? Can you tell us from your experience?
I've order a sheet of R48 to give it a try. Do you use the max version?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
R48. Is it quite similar to Super Ventus?

It is significantly different, because due to the characteristics of the Energy Cell Sponge also used on R53 - and yet pretty much exclusive to andro - R48 feels softer. The topsheet is thinner but grippier. Overall, R48 gives much better performance while also feeling better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ventus, released in 2013, belongs to the wave of Bluefire/Rasant/Evolution...from 2012, which was IMHO the "last big jump" for ESN.

There was speculation about it belonging to an older technology so TSP was able to sell it 10 Euro cheaper than any of the ones you mentioned.

I never saw any Ventus in series action (semi-pro or higher league amateur), while bluefire and Evolution were all over the place, and the only TSP contract player I´m in contact with thought MX-P out-performs Ventus variants, even considering the Extra total crap.

Personally, except for the Extra I never tried any Ventus so this could be unfair, but the whole series is certainly not considered to be on a par with Rasant or Evolution or Bluefire.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
i heard that ventus rubbers are durable. I played some old rubber form ESN for example: nittaku fastarc, razka,.. they are more durable than new generation rubber such as: rasanter, V15, evolution, nanoflex, xiom omega, ... those new rubbers shrink so much and lose their original nature after 1-2 month, some alse lose the grip of topshet quickly. I am finding some durable rubbers like fastarc or razka but appropriate with 40+ ball, can you help me. Tks

I'm not sure about the durability of the Ventus rubbers, mine are still good after 3 months but play time is minimal !!
I've heard that Tibahar Aurus Sound has good durability, the rest of that range should be similar !!!

with many rubbers there is a drop off in performance over time, having said that it can be hard to 'see this' when you are playing over a period of time!!!
Sometimes its a good idea to set a time line to change old for new rubbers, based on how many hours played / week. You may then decide to change rubbers every 2 weeks or 6 months !!! or after 'x' playing hours. This way you know that your rubbers are still in best / acceptable shape.
Some players actually prefer rubbers that have lost the 'new feeling !!!

Jan 2018
There was speculation about it belonging to an older technology so TSP was able to sell it 10 Euro cheaper than any of the ones you mentioned.

I never saw any Ventus in series action (semi-pro or higher league amateur), while bluefire and Evolution were all over the place, and the only TSP contract player I´m in contact with thought MX-P out-performs Ventus variants, even considering the Extra total crap.

Personally, except for the Extra I never tried any Ventus so this could be unfair, but the whole series is certainly not considered to be on a par with Rasant or Evolution or Bluefire.

Not surprised. Super Ventus was released in 2018. As I have stressed, all relatively recent Tensor models are rehashes and cash grabs, so I wouldn't lump them together despite the name. For example, Hexer HD is closer to Rasant than it is to Hexer and Hexer+. For ESN, late 2009 to mid 2010 was a breakthrough year, 2011 was a transitioning year, 2012 was the last year of "real growth" that brands really started settling on their characters and separating themselves from each other. 2013-2015 was the "cash cow" period. 2016-2019 was the "we're ****ed" period.

I don't categorize Tensors by price point either because they are always different depending on the market. Here, Donic has always been the cheapest. Andro used to be second cheapest, but has progressively priced up since 2011. Joola, Nittaku, TSP, Xiom and Yasaka have always been priced higher. Tibhar used to sell for higher but has sold at the same price point as Donic since 2015. I could get the entire Evolution series and the original Ventus series at practically the same price in the past several years.

Asia and Europe have different philosophies that lead to different requirements. Fastarc G-1 didn't become popular until the 40+ cellulose ball was introduced. Baracuda has recently been reintroduced in Japan as the overseas feedback find it compatible with the ABS ball. Baracuda and Hexer still get mentioned in mainland China and Hong Kong. It's one trait that Frank Schreiner of Donic found puzzling. For me, it's very simple. A Tensor is good if I can use it on the FH without feeling hollow, and what I look for in my FH is grip when hit hard, then it can be used safely on the BH. I could work out the rest. I couldn't care less about the bells and whistles and being latest and greatest.

Last but not least, TSP has always had a presence in East Asia, known for its shortpips and long pips. But due to all the rule changes on pips, the company was in trouble and has changed hands, but it's back in the game now. It had always been among the most low-key in marketing until the brand Victas was created. Despite all that, it has had long OEM partnerships with Friendship(TSP 730) and DHS(頂天/Summit) in tacky rubbers. I still remember when the made-in-Japan TSP Triple series was first released in 1997. Hopefully the new made-in-China Victas Triple series will fare better.

Classic H3 and Ventus Spin on Swat, put together after 3 years in the drawer, when DHS D40+ was first released.
RvNze1u.gif

uxLVfcS.gif

aMCb58o.gif

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I see on your profile you use also R48. Is it quite similar to Super Ventus? Can you tell us from your experience?
I've order a sheet of R48 to give it a try. Do you use the max version?

Hi,

I use R48 2.0mm sponge thickness, it’s really crisp, great spin and controlled, fast enough,
I would say that Super Ventus feels a little softer, but still has great spin, control is good as well.
R48 feels much crisper on drives, slightly more ‘direct’ but has good arc and high spin when you brush loop.

Super Ventus in 2.0mm as well.

Both are similar and different at the same time!! For me it’s the crispness of R48 that really stands out, this was also really evident with R53, R53 is ‘out of my league’ though, not forgiving, R48 is much easier to play with for someone of my standard.
At present the R48 is suiting me very well mounted on a Donic Dotec Ovtcharov Off blade. FH and BH

If you like Super Ventus I think you’ll like R48, definitely worth trying.

Enjoy!! And let us know how you get on with the R48 !!!

Just bear in mind everyone’s different!!! My appraisal may not coincide with what other players think!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
R53 is ‘out of my league’ though, not forgiving, R48 is much easier to play with for someone of my standard.

This is why I like the andro campaign with Gauzy being pictured with R53 "Made for me" and R48 "Made for you".

Of course, over the years there have been rubbers that were more demanding than others and the brands gave advice that more skill and practice was needed. Of course, those would be the rubbers that lower league players would buy ;)

But in this case, R48 is a rubber suitablke for pro level, but controllable on amateur level as well.

For me, by far the greatest rubber in a veeery long time.