TSP Super Ventus and Ventus Spin - Anyone played with it?

This user has no status.
Hi there!

I read a lot good things about those two rubbers. On Revspin.net both have a quite high score. 9.4-9.5 if I remember well.
I wish to put them on my Viscaria (FH: Super Ventus, BH: Ventus Spin) and to try something new (now I have Rakza X and Rackza 7).
Based on what I read this might be the best alternatives for Rakza Z and Rakza 7.

Do we have here owners who can share personal opinions based on theirs experience?

What are the Pros and Cons about those rubbers?

I use Super Ventus max on my forehand some months now on a DHS h301 blade. It's not tacky like Rakza Z. It's more like Rakza 7, a bit faster and a bit heavier.
It's fast, not the fastest but fast and while fast it keeps good control. It has a very good spin and topspin against backspin is not difficult. Medium to medium high throw angle, preetty much durable many gears and generally very well balanced. I believe is one of the best non tacky tensor rubbers for immigrate & advanced players. I just ordered a red 2.00mm for my backhand.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I use Super Ventus max on my forehand some months now on a DHS h301 blade. It's not tacky like Rakza Z. It's more like Rakza 7, a bit faster and a bit heavier.
It's fast, not the fastest but fast and while fast it keeps good control. It has a very good spin and topspin against backspin is not difficult. Medium to medium high throw angle, preetty much durable many gears and generally very well balanced. I believe is one of the best non tacky tensor rubbers for immigrate & advanced players. I just ordered a red 2.00mm for my backhand.

I see from your profile that you use Fastarc G-1 as well. I'd be interested to hear how Super Ventus compares to the G-1 in your experience?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I read a lot good things about those two rubbers.

All Ventus rubbers as well as all other TSP rubbers are going out of production.

Some will re-appear under the Victas brand, some will not.

There´s a list in circulation somewhere (if I remember correctly Facebook) which rubber will be which, and which will just fade away quietly.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
You can usually find one of the Ventus rubbers ‘on special’ at TT11, they rotate them , so usually every other week there could be a Ventus rubber with 25% off!! This could be (as Airoc’s statement) because they are either being discontinued or re-labelled
Ventus spin,I think has a softer sponge than Super Ventus, Super Ventus (SV) has slightly more catapult and spin is a touch better. SV is definitely quicker.
I have been testing SV on BH with Dynaryz ACC on forehand swapping for reference now and again, I think that the Dynaryz has a tad more catapult and maybe a touch more spin, control seems similar. I like both the SV and Ventus Spin rubbers, but would choose SV over Ventus Spin if I had to!!!;);)

This user has no status.
Thanks a lot guys for help!
Based on all those information I'm wondering if those rubbers are not good also for Stiga Defensive Pro, a strange defensive blade with carbon. A defensive offensive blade if this terms are accepted in this order. ;) I have this blade since September last year and maybe is the time to cover it up with something. :D

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks a lot guys for help!
Based on all those information I'm wondering if those rubbers are not good also for Stiga Defensive Pro, a strange defensive blade with carbon. A defensive offensive blade if this terms are accepted in this order. ;) I have this blade since September last year and maybe is the time to cover it up with something. :D

I’ve had a Stiga Def Pro for a couple of years, it’s a little quicker than a normal defensive blade, very good for mixed modern Def/attack play style, never used it with SP/LP so don’t know what it’s like with that type of rubber. From memory I started of with Ten80fx on FH and Donic slice40 1.5mm sponge on Bh.
very good for BH chop, blocks, pushes etc very controlled, T80FX was still pretty quick, (but I haven’t really got on with this rubber, regardless of which blade it’s been on!!)
At present it’s not glued up with rubbers, last set up on it was Battle II provincial 39 deg sponge (blue FH/orange BH) even with slower tacky rubbers on it there’s still enough speed.

from my experience with the Def Pro it’s good with ESN/spring sponge and tacky rubbers !!
If there’s rubbers that you’ve used and like, or are currently using, then it would be a good idea to try with those first so you get a reference for how the blade plays compared to current set up. Only issue is blade size, Def Pro has large head size, so rubbers taken off old std head size blade will be too small to totally cover the Def Pro!! :)

I see from your profile that you use Fastarc G-1 as well. I'd be interested to hear how Super Ventus compares to the G-1 in your experience?

Super Ventus is a tensor rubber while Fastarc G-1 is not. If you like to boost them for example, with SV you'll need one or maybe two thin layers. On Fastarc G-1 you'll need at least two.
To me, SV feels more balanced. Maybe because of the more developed sponge, I don't know. You would expect because it's tensor to be more bouncy which is half true but it has lower throw angle than G-1 so it feels just right. Sometimes i change backhand-forehand and the ball lands off the table more often. G-1 is a very famous rubber that not accidentally maybe half Japan use it, but to me SV gives me better control feeling.

Reactions: latej and Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Super Ventus is a tensor rubber while Fastarc G-1 is not. If you like to boost them for example, with SV you'll need one or maybe two thin layers. On Fastarc G-1 you'll need at least two.
To me, SV feels more balanced. Maybe because of the more developed sponge, I don't know. You would expect because it's tensor to be more bouncy which is half true but it has lower throw angle than G-1 so it feels just right. Sometimes i change backhand-forehand and the ball lands off the table more often. G-1 is a very famous rubber that not accidentally maybe half Japan use it, but to me SV gives me better control feeling.

Fastarc is made in Germany. I don't know whether there is a factory of rubbers in Germany that is not ESN, or whether ESN mades non Tensor rubbers, but I would assume it's safe to call G-1 a tensor rubber based on country of origin.

I would attribute the playing attributes to the design though. G-1 has thick and stiff top sheet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ffrom my experience with the Def Pro it’s good with ESN/spring sponge and tacky rubbers !!
If there’s rubbers that you’ve used and like, or are currently using, then it would be a good idea to try with those first so you get a reference for how the blade plays compared to current set up. Only issue is blade size, Def Pro has large head size, so rubbers taken off old std head size blade will be too small to totally cover the Def Pro!! :)

Thanks for advice! I am not decided what rubbers should I use. I wish to try DHS Skyline 3/Skyline, TSP Super Ventus/Ventus Spin or even Rakza Z/Rakza 7. For the moment, on my Viscaria blade I have Rakza Z Extra Hard on FH and Rakza 7 on BH. After I will finish the test, I will know if I will put a Rakza 7 also on the BH of the Defensive Pro blade. Persoanly I do not like to much differences between FH and BH rubbers but because my BH is weaker than the FH my first choice will be the BH rubber and after that the FH rubber. I know, somehow strange... :)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for advice! I am not decided what rubbers should I use. I wish to try DHS Skyline 3/Skyline, TSP Super Ventus/Ventus Spin or even Rakza Z/Rakza 7. For the moment, on my Viscaria blade I have Rakza Z Extra Hard on FH and Rakza 7 on BH. After I will finish the test, I will know if I will put a Rakza 7 also on the BH of the Defensive Pro blade. Persoanly I do not like to much differences between FH and BH rubbers but because my BH is weaker than the FH my first choice will be the BH rubber and after that the FH rubber. I know, somehow strange... :)

DHS Skyline 3 I’ve used in the blue sponge provincial version, boosted with 2 layers of Seamoon, This is another good rubber by DHS, but you’ll need to boost regularly to keep the speed and feel, maybe every 3-4 weeks or 4-6 weeks if you use Falco Long term booster, This is the ‘painful’ side of having to boost rubbers regularly!!

if you prefer ‘similar’ rubbers then an option would be H3/H3 Neo 37 degree sponge on BH boosted and the Skyline 3 boosted on FH.

Super Ventus Fh, Ventus Spin Bh is worth trying, it’s a shame these rubbers may be discontinued, they are both good rubbers. Possibly overlooked !!

Fastarc is made in Germany. I don't know whether there is a factory of rubbers in Germany that is not ESN, or whether ESN mades non Tensor rubbers, but I would assume it's safe to call G-1 a tensor rubber based on country of origin.

I would attribute the playing attributes to the design though. G-1 has thick and stiff top sheet.

After your comment, I've made a research because in my mind was not so clear what's the different between "tensor, tension and speed glue effect" rubbers.

Now on our point, it seems you're quite right. Both are ESN rubbers meaning are made in Germany even if on Victas.com, "country of manufacture" is empty. (Victas has bought TSP in case someone doesn't know)

According to tabletennisnerd.com,
"Nittaku FastArc G-1 has been around for a long time, more time than you might imagine. Its from the same generation of rubber as Tibhar Genius, Joola Xplode and of course Butterfly Tenergy. Its only just started to become popular in the last 3-4 years due to it being more available in Europe and at a much lower cost. Its received quite a bit of hype online so I decided to give it a try.

Fastarc G1 is made by ESN and it has a 47.5deg small/medium pored orange/yellow sponge with a fairly thick and stiff topsheet – kind of the opposite of where things have moved onto now with more modern rubbers. This makes it reminiscent of a Chinese style rubber which generally also has a thick and stiff topsheet."

Maybe that's why i feel different playing, even if they are from the same factory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
DHS Skyline 3 I’ve used in the blue sponge provincial version, boosted with 2 layers of Seamoon, This is another good rubber by DHS, but you’ll need to boost regularly to keep the speed and feel, maybe every 3-4 weeks or 4-6 weeks if you use Falco Long term booster, This is the ‘painful’ side of having to boost rubbers regularly!!

if you prefer ‘similar’ rubbers then an option would be H3/H3 Neo 37 degree sponge on BH boosted and the Skyline 3 boosted on FH.

Super Ventus Fh, Ventus Spin Bh is worth trying, it’s a shame these rubbers may be discontinued, they are both good rubbers. Possibly overlooked !!
i heard that ventus rubbers are durable. I played some old rubber form ESN for example: nittaku fastarc, razka,.. they are more durable than new generation rubber such as: rasanter, V15, evolution, nanoflex, xiom omega, ... those new rubbers shrink so much and lose their original nature after 1-2 month, some alse lose the grip of topshet quickly. I am finding some durable rubbers like fastarc or razka but appropriate with 40+ ball, can you help me. Tks

This user has no status.

Upsss... I forgot to mention "Neo" word about Skyline 2 and 3. I read that the Neo versions (available also for H3) is OK without boosting.
Hopefully, the Ventus line will be continued by Victas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Maybe that's why i feel different playing, even if they are from the same factory.

The quote from tabletennisnerd has it pretty much nailed. (Although I would be wary of calling ESN rubbers and tenergy "from the same generation", because the whole concept is so different, but from around the same time is true).

ESN presents recipes to brands, for them to choose what variation they´d like. Different sponges/hardnesses, different topsheets, Tibhar Genius and Joola x-plode are very similar. Donic Baracuda is different. XIOM Vega Pro is different again, having less catapult than Genius/x-plode, thus being a more controlled rubber for some. And Fastarc is a whole different cake from the same ingredients.

Reactions: M.Hoang