All+/Off- blades with Hinoki top veneers and inner/outer composition layers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some blades with quality Hinoki outer veneers, with either inner or outer carbon or composition layers. Classed as Off- or All+
I believe Loki ‘God of War’ range (think it’s GOW2) has such a blade, looking for similar alternatives.

any help appreciated;)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some blades with quality Hinoki outer veneers, with either inner or outer carbon or composition layers. Classed as Off- or All+
I believe Loki ‘God of War’ range (think it’s GOW2) has such a blade, looking for similar alternatives.

any help appreciated;)

Just checked, it’s the Gid of War 1 blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I'm not sure if Spruce would be an acceptable alternative for you? If so that opens up a whole bunch of options. One that comes to mind in the ALL+ / OFF- area is the Donic Appelgren World Champion '89.

I haven't played with a Spruce blade myself though, so I can't comment on how close it is to Hinoki.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Among the Yinhe/Galaxy T- series, the T-7 is the most controlled one (3 wood / 2 ALC). Plays very nicely but the flared version is currently out of stock at princett.com (link).

From Sanwei the HC Speed Light is a Hinoki outer / innerforce blade (5 wood / 2 ALC), see link and review - in German, switch on CC and auto-English translation.

Both of these blades play very nicely and manufacturing quality is great. I play them with short pips backhand (Nittaku Moristo SP or Yinhe Uranus Pro). They are "Off" blades, not "Off-" or "All+" .

For me (USATT ~1240) they are too fast for tournament, I would probably play my 5-ply Yinhe E3-VB (Limba outer) for the next tournament, or the 5-ply Yinhe Pro-5W (Walnut outer). Also these are blades for close to the table, maybe a few steps back, but not very far back.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Nittaku Septear Feel Inner is a really nice blade with inner carbon composition.

Yes - I am playing with it for two years now, having 3 blades of it. BTW, the Outer Version is a little faster and more direct.
I have tried a few other Hinoki blades, but the Septear Feel Inner feels very well and somehow alive.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
As Hinoki inner blades go, I hold the Joola Rosskopf Emotion in high esteem.

I have a TPE Perform, with straight handle, because this blade has been discontinued I’m struggling to find one with a flared handle.
Bribar still have them but only with straight handle.
The TPE Perform I believe is the same composition as the Rossi Emotion, so it seems this would be the most logical choice!!

Anyone tried the Rossi Emotion PBO-c ??