Best Rubbers to start with Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I have recently purchased Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC Blade (FL) along with two mark V (Max) rubbers and two palio Cj 8000 2mm rubbers.
1. For a good intermediate level player, which rubbers out of these would be best in terms of developing and learning the game before moving on advanced rubbers.
2. Since I will start playing table tennis after some time, like 3,4 months should I get rubbers configured on the blade right now or just before I join the club?
Any other advise on this blade and suggested rubbers would be appreciated as well.

Hi my no:2 is an Innerforce ALC.S. I have not played seriously for 40yrs. I had no problem putting a Rakza7 on it. The ALC is only marginally faster so I will suggest Rakza7.
A MarkV would work to, but be a bit boring.
Use the rubbers you have now, get a new one these are finished, you can do a little research what is on the market but don’t worry too much about that now.

cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thank you for the detailed feedback. Yes i believe using the ones i have first and then moving to advanced ones.
Hi my no:2 is an Innerforce ALC.S. I have not played seriously for 40yrs. I had no problem putting a Rakza7 on it. The ALC is only marginally faster so I will suggest Rakza7.
A MarkV would work to, but be a bit boring.
Use the rubbers you have now, get a new one these are finished, you can do a little research what is on the market but don’t worry too much about that now.

cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Okay thanks for the response. I am playing since 7,8 years. This is my second custom racket. First is too good but i believe i should spend some time with a better control racket first. (TAMCA 5000 butterfly - played four years with it but left once pandemic started). Although i developed a good game, but i think to improve i wanted more control on carbon. I am comfortable playing near, mid distance and far from the table. Any suggestions for a good wood blade ? (Control and feel preferred)
No difference if you glue them on now. Is this you first custom racket? And how long have you trained for? Do what you want of course but I would't recommend starting with an alc blade. In my opinion, get a wood blade and play with advanced rubbers.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
i moved from a wood blade to the Same innerforce ALC you got .
I am using it with Hurricane 3 and Hurricane 3 neo.
There is nothing to worry about . The Innerforce is a very easy blade to play.

In your position I would play it using the same rubbers you have on your original blade.
Then I might glue on the Palios. They are a good rubber and do not do anything spectacular but
also are not tricky to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Thank you for the guidance. Yes I bought it after looking at the reviews. Previous rubbers on my Tamca blade are Sriver (FH) and Vario (BH) but it seems like they are nearly dead. Played almost 4 years on and off with these. (once in a week maybe). Switching the blade as i prefer to develop the game further.
i moved from a wood blade to the Same innerforce ALC you got .
I am using it with Hurricane 3 and Hurricane 3 neo.
There is nothing to worry about . The Innerforce is a very easy blade to play.

In your position I would play it using the same rubbers you have on your original blade.
Then I might glue on the Palios. They are a good rubber and do not do anything spectacular but
also are not tricky to play with.

Thank you for the response. Just to understand, you are saying use different first (fh and bh as mentioned) and then put the same on both sides that suit me ?

I mean experiment if whuch of the 2 you would prefer as fh or bh rubber.