Seo Hyo Won's sister plays vs Korean Amateur dudes

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi All,

Seo Hyo Young, the sister of KNT Chopper SHW, does a lot of youtube vids. Here, she plays vs some amateur Korean dudes in handicap matches streamed live on her channel last summer. Korea is uber humid in summer, so you see stuff getting wiped a lot.

Hyo Young is prolly around 2400 USATT based on how often and how deep she gets in National Open tourneys in Div 1. Hyo Young is sponsored by pro sports outfit from Takgu. There is commentary continually going on by her friend, often right when she is gunna hit or serve and it is often about her or the match... tough to play that.

I timed the vid at 27:59... where she is playing vs a longtime Nexy Korea sponsored amateur player Yoon Hong Gyu.... That dude is 2400+ and has been doing it at that level a very long time. Nexy even made a blade in dude's name... the YHG ACE blade, a control ALC blade.

There is MUCH bonus stuf after the matches. For example, at 1:39:00ish SHY goes into how to do a vey fast deep cross court serve.

Fans of her cahannel ask stuff live and she demonstrates all that with the guys there. She does a full hour of that stuff and interview with the guys and fans.

Reactions: JesperStef
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Fun fact: in a part of the interview, SHY tells how she got started in TT. Her older sister was already very well established in school TT development and her mom would take the much younger SHY to SHW's practice and teachers at school would give her CHOCO PIES (chocolate marshmello pies) and she says that is what motivated her to start TT.

She also says she started to get pretty at age 25... HAHAHAHAHHA TRIPLE HAHAHAHAHA She was coaching in a TT club near Seoul Natl Uni in 2012 and she HAD to be in her early 20s back then. How do I know? One of our Korean Foreign TT members coached at that club and had to take a trip to Japan and come back to reset the clock on his visitors visa (he didn't have a letter that would have Korean govt grant him a visa, so he had to take trips out of country to reset the visa)... well, Seo Hyo Young ended up coaching before my friend got back.

My friend attracted a lot of new memebrs... but once SHY took over, it wasn't fair, she was a young attractive elite amateur player/coach who wore lipstick... so my friend could not compete vs that and couldn't get back that job in that club. Triple BS she wasn't pretty or attractive back then... but like she said in hte interview, she stopped TT for a few yrs, then got to an age where the ldies pretty up and get to looking for marriage... then she got back into TT with pro outfit From Takgu...

... and the TT gym they played those matches in... is run by SHY's former coach... and not far from the From Takgu HQ.