Butterfly Tenergy 19

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
There are a lot of inconsistencies in the Butterfly advertising. If T19 is using the same sponge then how can it be faster? Butterfly makes a big deal about the thiner pimples on T19 saying they will bend easier but
1 Didn't T64 have thinner pimples that T05. Are supposed to forget that and think T19 is something new?
2. Butterfly says the T19 pimples ares small but packed closer together. If so many thinner pimples will not bend any more than wider more widely spaced pimple.
There are some inconsistencies in Butterfly's claims, yes. But are you telling us that size, shape and density don't matter and don't make a difference in anything and in this case in rubbers? Only the sponge makes a rubber faster? Those also seem like inconsistencies.

T64 does not have thinner pimples than T05 and T80, they're all 1.7mm (vs. T19's 1.5mm), and T64's are more spaced out/less dense than on any other Tenergy rubbers. T19 is something new, the difference to you is probably marginal. To me, it's about feel more than it is about said performance.

Butterfly%20Tenergy%20pips%20structure.jpg

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Prove it!
What is there about the pimple shape that would make T64 faster?
I agree that speed is relative, yes. It does matter on what kind of shots you judge it by too.

To me, T05's topsheet feels the hardest, and I find it to be the outward fastest of the Tenergy's especially for topspins, whereas Butterfly says T64 is the fastest overall...

I do however think that T64 is fastest in blocks and smashes, perhaps drives too.

And T05 is definitely the spinniest, but T64 is easier to generate spin with due to its softer nature and it's more controllable.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Given the T19 and T05 weigh the same, the difference between them comes down to how that same mass is distributed. Butterfly is basically playing with the shape factor of the pips here. The slenderer pips of T19 should have a smaller shape factor than those of T05, which would make them easier to compress/bend and softer to the touch. The more packed pips of T19 also translates to more of those slenderer pips per given area for the applied force to be stored as elastic potential energy and to be returned to the ball, which is supported by the limited data Butterfly provided.

Before anyone asks, T64 has taller but less packed pips, and with less of those taller pips per given area, the topsheet should bite into the sponge more for the same amount of force, giving more access to speed. Another factor not mentioned often is that the rubber formula could be different, which could nullify and overcome the effect of pips as shown by the limited data Butterfly provided. Same logic for T25 and T80.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Greetings fellow members.

I currently play a single sided Cpen. And am very interested in the Tenergy 19.
My current go-to rubber is the Dignics 05. And I wonder how does the T19 compare to the D05?

I like the D05 as it is very consistent, has very good speed, spin and ball grip.
Somehow, I never liked nor got used to Tenergy 05. It was too lively, erratic and too spin sensitive for me.
But D05 is perfect for me. It is also pretty demanding (tiring) to get the full performance out of it.

I would definitely play a D05 FX version. However it seems like there is no news to Dignics FX versions.
If i could choose, I don't mind a scaled down (A little lesser spin & speed) D05 with a softer sponge.

For members who have tried both T19 and D05. May I know your thoughts?
Should I just stick to the D05? Or should i try the T19 as well? Is the ball grip on T19 better than Tenergy 05, or is it the same?
Appreciate all your views and experiences.

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I found T19 to play like a marginally less "lively, erratic and spin sensitive" T05. A little softer, more direct. A little easier to get the ball spinning, but less bite and kick. Not a big difference though, much closer in every way to T05 than D05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018

Thank you Dr Evil.
From your reply, it does seem to sound closer to a T05FX? Or rather, in between T05FX & T05?

What about the topsheet grip of T19? Do you feel any improvements over T05? Or is it the same? One thing I really love about the D05 is the ball grip and spin. Never fails you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Thank you Dr Evil.
From your reply, it does seem to sound closer to a T05FX? Or rather, in between T05FX & T05?

What about the topsheet grip of T19? Do you feel any improvements over T05? Or is it the same? One thing I really love about the D05 is the ball grip and spin. Never fails you!

T19 is similar to T05FX in playing softer than T05. But FX is softer because of the sponge, whereas 19 feels softer because of the pips structure. I found 19 to play much more like regular 05 than FX. The T19 grip feels a little more forgiving than 05 for softer brush contacts, but otherwise about the same. Neither has the instant grip and hold feel of D05. Both will spin the ball more easily at low impact, neither can match D05 spin quality at high impact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018

Thanks again Dr Evil.
I was most curious as T19 has an emphasis on "ball holding".
I had alot of hours in with the T05 FX. And I can understand your explanation. I don't think I'll want something similar to the T05.

I'll pick something similar to D05 which is softer (If & when such a product is available) though.

Looks like I'll stick with the D05. 👌🙏😃

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018

I've heard a number of folks say that the Evolution MX-S feels like a slightly softer D05. I haven't tried either of them myself so can't offer a personal opinion, but maybe it's worth a try given that it's half the price and (reputedly) a pretty durable rubber?

Thank you for your reply Manto.
Side-tracking from T19. It's been quite a while since I've played Evo rubbers. My preference has always been their S suffix rubbers, did not like the P ones.
The MX-S is my 2nd favourite of the series, with FX-S being my favourite.

The MX-S is more demanding than the D05 IMO. The D05 seems more reactive/ faster on lower and passive strokes.
Spin generation is also easier on the D05. Both have a linear/dead-like feel in the short game, which is a good thing for me.
If you're a power player who is always in the right positions, when you really brush and dig into the sponge, the spin of MX-S will come on.

Aside from the price difference, I felt there were a couple more advantages of the D05 over MX-S as it is a newer product. ie, topsheet grip, overall durability and lifespan of rubber, the bite of the spring sponge X, and the SSX catapult. Therefore for the additional price you have to pay, for the quality, is something I can accept.

Perhaps a MX-D would be a better comparison to D05? I'm not sure.

FX-S was truly enjoyable. I preferred almost everything of it over the T05FX. One thing I wish for was for it to have more speed.
Perhaps I'll take a look at the Rasanter R45.

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I had a brief play with T19 and it felt good. For me it feels softer than T05, T80 maybe even felt softer than Rozena for that matter. I think it is more suitable for physically weaker players or BH as it gave quite a bit of speed with not much effort and has a better bite than other tenergies. Or it would be good for players who want a softer T05 but don't want to go down to T05FX, since too soft sponged rubbers have caveats if you are playing at higher level.

What I didn't like about it is the arc it makes on powerful loops/drives and the price obviously. I don't see it offering a lot over MX-P (or similar other rubbers) besides durability and consistency. I also think normal MX-P is softer than T05 or T80 so about the same ballpark as T19.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustANoob
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Last evening I was able to test the Tenergy 19 in 1.7 on my backhand.
Wood: Donic True Carbon Inner (Innerforce, All+/Off-).

Actually, I had no hope that this would be of interest because I always thought that these rubbers were far too demanding.
But I was surprised that the thin rubber in 1.7 actually played quite controlled.
The opening topspin was of course a dream and very easy compared to my Nittaku Factive, and the follow-up play has a lot of pressure without being completely uncontrolled.

Basically, I really liked the approach. I just had the feeling that the speed was unfortunately two gears higher instead of just one. The feel and touch of the rubber (dwell), especially first topspin on backspin and the following topspins and shots, is very pleasant.

Because of my feeling that the rubber is maybe one or two gears to fast, I am asking for a alternative to the T19 in 1.7.
In the butterfly lineup, there’s the Rozena. But i didn’t like the rubber at all. All the touch and feeling of the Tenergys are missing at the Rozena I had the impression. I didn’t like the feel and besides that it was fast as well.