Butterfly Tenergy 19

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

What I'm wondering most about T19, is how hard its topsheet feels compared to T05 and T80.

Its pimple structure is more dense than both of them which would indicate that it feels harder than both, but its pimples are also smaller and Butterfly seems to say the ball penetrates more (at high impact?), so maybe it feels softer than T05 but harder than T80, or not..

I much prefer T80 (softer feel) than T05, so although I'm tempted to buy T19 when it comes out (today?), I'd rather not waste the money if it feels as hard or harder than T05, and just buy a sheet of T80 instead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

What I'm wondering most about T19, is how hard its topsheet feels compared to T05 and T80.

Its pimple structure is more dense than both of them which would indicate that it feels harder than both, but its pimples are also smaller and Butterfly seems to say the ball penetrates more (at high impact?), so maybe it feels softer than T05 but harder than T80, or not..

I much prefer T80 (softer feel) than T05, so although I'm tempted to buy T19 when it comes out (today?), I'd rather not waste the money if it feels as hard or harder than T05, and just buy a sheet of T80 instead.

I personally think it will be a slightly harder feeling than T05. There are already quite a few reviews of T19 out in Asia but unfortunately no subtitles to translate. on butterfly website it seems to suggest it’s better at power topspins and countering and indicates its not great at blocking so to me that suggests it would be better suited on fh.

T80 actually is a good Bh rubber, easy to use more linear and good for blocks. Mayb wait for few reviews to come out on T19 before deciding. Glad your enjoying your H3N on fh though. 👍🏽

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I personally think it will be a slightly harder feeling than T05. There are already quite a few reviews of T19 out in Asia but unfortunately no subtitles to translate. on butterfly website it seems to suggest it’s better at power topspins and countering and indicates its not great at blocking so to me that suggests it would be better suited on fh.

T80 actually is a good Bh rubber, easy to use more linear and good for blocks. Mayb wait for few reviews to come out on T19 before deciding. Glad your enjoying your H3N on fh though. 👍🏽
Yea, I also think it's more likely that it'll be harder feeling than T05.

I'll definitely wait for some reviews, including TTD's!

On Butterfly Europe, same as other Tenergy's: 59.90€.

In the US: $83.99 + tax, so a little more than the other Tenergy's ($79.99 + tax).

In my place it is almost as expensive sa D09c 😢

• Sad
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I will order it, seems it will be my next backhand rubber 🤣
The T19 review starts around 5:00 :)
Great review! Thanks for sharing David.

T19 does sound promising. Based on what they say, it could also maybe suit my BH:

Compared to T05, "not as meaty, no mute feel, more subtle and clear feel, more amateur friendly, contact between blade and rubber is more direct, high level of fault tolerance, more convenient and direct for amateur players".

Of course, this is to be taken with a grain of salt as they are high level players, used to even more demanding rubbers on their BH (H3, Dignics...).

Their review generally reflects how I feel about T80 compared to T05. I prefer T80 for its softer topsheet and more balanced characteristics, so I'm hoping T19 won't feel as hard as T05 does, like their review seems to indicate, although I'll wait for a few more reviews (TTD's!) to confirm, or I won't wait and just try it out for myself! lol. I think in the end, it's gonna be between T80, T05 FX, Fastarc G-1 and C-1, and maybe T19 for me.

Love when the former World Champion has a go with T19 using penhold! He just couldn't resist, and he's just ripping them! He's on another level, and in great shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vishal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
Great review! Thanks for sharing David.

T19 does sound promising. Based on what they say, it could also maybe suit my BH:

Compared to T05, "not as meaty, no mute feel, more subtle and clear feel, more amateur friendly, contact between blade and rubber is more direct, high level of fault tolerance, more convenient and direct for amateur players".

Of course, this is to be taken with a grain of salt as they are high level players, used to even more demanding rubbers on their BH (H3, Dignics...).

Their review generally reflects how I feel about T80 compared to T05. I prefer T80 for its softer topsheet and more balanced characteristics, so I'm hoping T19 won't feel as hard as T05 does, like their review seems to indicate, although I'll wait for a few more reviews (TTD's!) to confirm, or I won't wait and just try it out for myself! lol. I think in the end, it's gonna be between T80, T05 FX, Fastarc G-1 and C-1, and maybe T19 for me.

Love when the former World Champion has a go with T19 using penhold! He just couldn't resist, and he's just ripping them! He's on another level, and in great shape.

So They say T19 is slower than 05? Similar spin?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Slower, more arc, harder (due to harder topsheet) and therefore crisper feeling

feels a little bit like a Dignics with soft sponge, as far as I can judge it from 30 min robot playing

Reactions: SamTheMan
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

So They say T19 is slower than 05? Similar spin?

They mostly say that they found T19 easier to use and more forgiving than T05, and that the ball penetrates the sponge more.

They seem to hint that it's a bit slower than T05 but with more spin, whereas Butterfly claims T19 is both faster and spinnier, though not by much.

I think the key here is in how the rubbers feel in comparison to one another, rather than their supposed performance ratios.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Slower, more arc, harder (due to harder topsheet) and therefore crisper feeling

feels a little bit like a Dignics with soft sponge, as far as I can judge it from 30 min robot playing
Interested to hear more detailed feedback from you once you've tested T19 longer and more thoroughly, and hopefully with someone on the other end of the table!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
When will Butterfly get it right?
They keep on coming out with new rubber which is kind of like admitting they didn't get it right before.
They keep making tweaks not necessarily to make it better but at least to make it different, more choices. Seems like they've gotten it right many times with pretty much every Sriver, Bryce, Tenergy, Rozena, Dignics...

But where they really get it right for themselves is with marketing! And their distribution strategy....