Looking for an OFF- blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hi all! I am looking for a new blade.

I have been training for about 3 years now and I would say I'm an intermediate player still developing my strokes. My current setup is Yasaka Balsa Plus (it has been advertised as a fast balsa blade) with Yasaka Rakza 7 on my bh and Yasaka Rakza X on my fh. I would like to stick with these rubbers but buy a different blade.

Things I like about Yasaka Balsa Plus: it is light, I think it is good for bh flicks, which I do a lot, and it has good control. However, recently I have started to play more topspins from mid-distance and I feel the blade lacks power in this area (though it has a rating of 8.5 for speed on revspin).

I am looking for a blade around OFF- with similar characteristics as I mentioned: good control, good for bh flicks, not too heavy (of course it doesn't need to be as light as the balsa, but I don't want to go to the other side of the spectrum), more power in mid and far distance. The price is not a big issue.

What blade would you recommend? Thanks for any help!

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, from chepaest...
Donic waldner senso carbon
Xiom diva
Butterfly innerforce layer alc

Just xiom is all wood blade.

Best regards

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Some inconsistencies? Want Off- blade. Current blade categorized as fast Balsa blade. Want blade with more power from mid-distance and farther.

I say, Donic Appelgren Alplay or Schlager Carbon are the ideal choice for you. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl you Trouble Maker You... it may be entirely TOO EARLY in the morning to understand your subtleties of underground triple top-secret humor. :D

Doh, I thought I would be able to slip that by you. Even with the girl in the short skirt bending over to pick up real, fake, H3 Blue National rubbers and stacking by the pile on the trap door to the secret hideout's sceptic tank, you did not miss it.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi all! I am looking for a new blade.

I have been training for about 3 years now and I would say I'm an intermediate player still developing my strokes. My current setup is Yasaka Balsa Plus (it has been advertised as a fast balsa blade) with Yasaka Rakza 7 on my bh and Yasaka Rakza X on my fh. I would like to stick with these rubbers but buy a different blade.

Things I like about Yasaka Balsa Plus: it is light, I think it is good for bh flicks, which I do a lot, and it has good control. However, recently I have started to play more topspins from mid-distance and I feel the blade lacks power in this area (though it has a rating of 8.5 for speed on revspin).

I am looking for a blade around OFF- with similar characteristics as I mentioned: good control, good for bh flicks, not too heavy (of course it doesn't need to be as light as the balsa, but I don't want to go to the other side of the spectrum), more power in mid and far distance. The price is not a big issue.

What blade would you recommend? Thanks for any help!

Like Carl pointed out, your post is very open ended which means you will likely not get good accurate recommendations, and instead get suggestions that are all over the place from ALL+ to OFF carbon blade (which is exactly what happened).

I think the big question for you is: Are you looking to stick with a balsa blade just faster (probably balsa carbon), or are you looking for a more traditional type of OFF- blade? Moreover are you looking for all-wood or carbon?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Like Carl pointed out, your post is very open ended which means you will likely not get good accurate recommendations, and instead get suggestions that are all over the place from ALL+ to OFF carbon blade (which is exactly what happened).

I think the big question for you is: Are you looking to stick with a balsa blade just faster (probably balsa carbon), or are you looking for a more traditional type of OFF- blade? Moreover are you looking for all-wood or carbon?

Thanks for pointing this out. I am looking for a more traditional OFF- blade, all-wood as I fear the carbon would be too difficult to control.

From the suggestions, I think I will try the Xiom Offensive S.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks for pointing this out. I am looking for a more traditional OFF- blade, all-wood as I fear the carbon would be too difficult to control.

From the suggestions, I think I will try the Xiom Offensive S.

In that case yes, Xiom Offensive S is a good choice.

Other good blades of that category: Butterfly Petr Korbel, Stiga Azalea OFF, Victas Dyna Five Hard.