Greetings!

This user has no status.
I've made a return to playing after about a 25 year layoff. I grew up playing with my dad, grandad and brother. We played at home, at a club and in tournaments. My dad peaked at over 2200 USATT. I was never rated above 1500.
We'll see how it goes. I started going to a local club about 8 weeks ago, but can only make it one day a week. Currently I don't have a table at home so I keeping my expectations reasonable. I began with the idea of just having fun but I'm to competitive for that:D. Even though I'm only playing once a week, it's for 4 hours and I play for 95-99% of that time. I seem to be playing as well as I ever did which is surprising. Maybe something to do with the different ball and new type of rubber?
My dad, now 74 yrs old with CPD is driving almost 2hrs to come and coach me and playing as much as he can. He was very happy to find out that I was playing again. We dragged my brother out of his hiatus of more than 10 years as well. Anyway, I've been lurking on the forums and thought I would say hello.

Here (In Sweden) they opened in August/September and closed again in November. Now its only open for kids.
I'm still playing a little bit, every time I can drag someone into the office :) (I can not work from home, no internet)

Cheers
L-zr