Besides table tennis, what hobbies/sports do you do in your free time?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Killing zergs, programming, camping.
About camping. I would have survived the Texas freeze no problem
I often go camping in the winter time and wake up with ice or show on the camper.
I do play chess but I have not play competitively for years.
My first tournament I go a rating of 2057. I also have entered my own chess program in USCF tournaments. It didn't do well. I could play better than it but then it was the 1980s and making money got a higher priority.
I now watch YouTube chess channels. I have Stockfish loaded on my computers but I have no chance in hell of beating it.
I also participated in the first world man-machine Othello tournament in Evanston IL in 1980. There I met a lot of the famous pioneer computer chess programmers. I came in 7th in the world. The others were amazed since I had no training. I figured out a lot only own. I was living in Newfoundland CA at the time.

Reactions: pingpongpaddy
Oh, I like climbing too

PirinSkuta2.jpg

pic_9999356_0356457.jpg

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I like to read a lot and take long walks/jogs. I used to have shelves and shelves of books but now it is mostly audiobooks and e-books. I still own 3 shelves full of books though. Also, I recently started doing yoga almost every morning and I am loving it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
I like to read a lot and take long walks/jogs. I used to have shelves and shelves of books but now it is mostly audiobooks and e-books. I still own 3 shelves full of books though. Also, I recently started doing yoga almost every morning and I am loving it.

I've been an avid phylosophy e-books reader for a while too, lately about phylosophy applied to veganism, but teaching music, building music projects, plus now sports keep my brain busy hahaha (no, in fact yeah... I'm too lazy to read anything these days lol)

Editing a tutorial video this morning, syncing audio + video to make something cool for my students takes some times really, it's not the fun part, my PC is a bit old, and I'm using a free open source software, Shotcut, this software can do many things, but the export process is damn long and using a lot of CPU and memory ressources.

Bass%20lessons%20tutorials.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
My first post eva!! Although I joined almost two years ago. 🙈

In order of activity, Mountain biking has taken most of my time during the lockdown period. Field Target(FT) and Hunter Field Target(HFT). But our club is opening on the 1st March...so then it will be table tennis once again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
I collect vintage Reggae 45s! :)

Reggae.jpg
When I play double matches, I always think like a bassist/drummer pair : always help your team mate, always motivate him, never shout at him, always show him when it's good ! always make that groove/stroke he's playing shines
Paul Jackson/Mike Clark (Herbie Hancock's 70's Headthunters)
And of course Robbie Shakespeare/Sly Dunbar !

Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Music&Ping;340477 said:
When I play double matches, I always think like a bassist/drummer pair : always help your team mate, always motivate him, never shout at him, always show him when it's good ! always make that groove/stroke he's playing shines
Paul Jackson/Mike Clark (Herbie Hancock's 70's Headthunters)
And of course Robbie Shakespeare/Sly Dunbar !

Very good strategy, indeed. And very helpful for your doubles partner. My internal off beat helps me to stay calm and relaxed all the time. :D

Reactions: Music&Ping
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I was very into headphone audiophilia before I became interested in table tennis aabout 5 years ago... Now mostly tennis taking all of my free time and strength, but my headphone system is still with me, so sometimes audiophile hobby "grabbing" me for some time, and I even find time and money to improve my system in some ways... here are a few photos of my stationary home headphone system:

Also I'm into electric unicycles for a few years, but for me it's mostly for practical use, than hobby... But I have 4 electric unicycles now, so maybe still can consider it as hobby 😂