Table Tennis Robot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice. My dad's birthday is coming up and he wants a table tennis robot so that he can hit balls with as he has no one to play with during quarantine. I've had a quick look on Amazon but it doesn't seem like there's a wealth of reliable options. Can anyone recommend a good machine? Or a good brand? It would have to be available in the UK.

Many thanks!

Andrew

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice. My dad's birthday is coming up and he wants a table tennis robot so that he can hit balls with as he has no one to play with during quarantine. I've had a quick look on Amazon but it doesn't seem like there's a wealth of reliable options. Can anyone recommend a good machine? Or a good brand? It would have to be available in the UK.

Many thanks!

Andrew

There is a thread under the Coaching category that addresses this same topic. It might have some helpful information for you.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I take it your dad has a table at home?
generally the robots either stand on the end of the table, or are free standing. some have catch nets and feeder trays, some you have to load the balls manually into a bucket which holds 100 or so balls.
Butterfly has some expensive robots.
Joola do one that is fairly basic, stands on the table and fires balls.
Newgy Robo Pong have 3 or so models, I have the 2055 version circa £900, good robot
prices vary from £200 to £3000!!!

Check out - Bribar sports website, Tees sport website, Thorntons sports website, these retailers all sell table tennis robots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I'm the founder of Pongfox smart table tennis robot. What is his level of play and how often does he play. Will he be using it after lockdown? I have met a few people who despise playing with a robot so that is another thing to check

There are different varieties starting from $200+ (ipong , hp-07) to expensive ones like Robopong and amicus ($2000+) and a few inbetween like pongfox.

Let me know if you have questions on pongfox or any of the robots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I have ordered the RoboPong 2055 and expecting it to arrive today, but I have no experience in these robots. I just compared the ones I found to eachother and came to the conclusion, that this one is the one with the most functions/price and it's a well known brand. It's cheaper than the Butterfly starter version, and has more functions, so we'll see how it works out.