Nexy Korea new youtube channel for blade and rubber design

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can follow along for the most part, but it does seem like the auto-generated subtitles aren't quite right from time to time. For example, at 3:06 into the video, apparently Oscar is saying "...that contraction 1 uses Satan to prevent reflections." Maybe it's mis-translated? Maybe I've discovered a Nexy trade-secret of using deities in the composition of the blade? I'll never know.

MAYBE Google Translater did not do a good job of translating???!!! Triple haha, that is surely why I recommended turning that thing on, better entertainment than half the movies you can see.

What he in that sentence is actually saying Ta-Tan... which is the Korean way to say TARTAN, (Koreans really dont have much of an R, just something like an "L") and in Englaish, TARTAN is of course the Scottish quilt pattern (think of that CASH COW Burberry)... and in this context, he is using the imagary of a Tartan pattern... which in the context of this vid and what he is trying to get accross is how to alternate grain directions to get a blade that will not warp.

Spoken Korean can be much worse for mis-understanding as Koreas are NOT required to say things in their sentences that give clear context if the other person already understands the context. Sometimes, one person speaks like the context is already known, but it is only in the head of the speaker. This can make listening comprehension a real big challenge.

Reactions: Nate4s
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Making things EVEN MOAR complicated in Korean is the Koreans increasing use more of the Foreign words in their speech... and they do not prounce them like in English... and they are not holding up a flash-card with it spelled out... and they will toss it in suddenly... and Koreans tend to speak at a very FAST rate... and you are NOT expecting this change... and you mind is trying to process it...

Ta-Tan ??? What the F is Ta-Tan? A new dance? Why is he talking abouce dancing all of a sudden???

All the while, by the time you got here, the Korean already rattled of another 3 sentences and you might have missed more valuable information.

These are some of the considerations of doing professional live interpretation. The ONLY way you can do this task coherently is to KNOW THE CONTEXT and CONTENT of what dude is saying ahead of time to a reasonable degree. Without that, live interpretation is a mission impossible. Too much stuff coming out too fast and zero time to think, you can only act... and oh yeah, sentence structure and rules are not same order as English, so you have to wait for sentence to end... so now you REALLY have less time.

Kinda sounds like a high level player really playing you in TT, eh?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi everyone,

Oscar uploaded the English narrated version of the previous vid, which was in Korean. This may be how he rolls going forward.

In this vid, he gets into more stuff, like how the wood is cut.

I tend to agree with Oscar's new concept for vids by pointing the camera at printed paper with his message. I think that is another neural pathway and you get to see the message longer.

Oscar is slowing down the narration a little and it makes a big difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Oscar uploaded the English narrated version of the previous vid, which was in Korean. This may be how he rolls going forward.

In this vid, he gets into more stuff, like how the wood is cut.

I tend to agree with Oscar's new concept for vids by pointing the camera at printed paper with his message. I think that is another neural pathway and you get to see the message longer.

Oscar is slowing down the narration a little and it makes a big difference.

Great video!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Somehow, youtube did not show the CC with the original English. Even though I thought Oscar did well in his second video, he thinks some words here and there may not sound well enough, so he provided a link to the English he used for the 2nd vid.

https://blog.naver.com/defunct/222227575425