Where to buy these rubbers on LARC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
When I look at the ITTF's LARC , there are so many rubbers that I have no idea where I can buy these rubbers from.
I have seen somewhere a separate list of manufacturers but it is not complete.

It would be far more more useful if both these lists are merged

I think it would help from all aspects, ITTF, Manufacturers, dealers, players, coaches etc etc if ITTF would change the LARC page to include dealers & manufacturer names & especially contact email & phone for each dealer & manufacturer. If they want ITTF can charge a fee to the dealers & manufacturers.

This way, dealers make more money. Players get better access to these rubbers & have more fun. The more EJ's, the better off (financially etc) the sport :) . Unless of course the ITTF wants no EJ's, in which case ITTF can just standardize to just one racket with same two inverted rubbers 2 mm, in which case the LARC can be just a list of approved manufacturers :rolleyes:

Right now the LARC page looks like a law book for table-tennis lawyers & police (referees) to "enforce" the holy laws of table-tennis :D

It would also be more useful if this was in spreadsheet format rather than the rigid PDF format

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
The LARC is meant exactly to follow/enforce the rules, it's not a shopping list...

Communication problem. I refer you to my first post again.
Just because something is now(just for legality) does not mean it has to be that way. Is there an international law or God's word preventing the LARC from being more useful than of very limited use, for the good of the sport as I explained.

Not all rubbers on it are available,
I realize a manufacturer maybe paying just to keep a rubber still legal, but that does mean this manufacturer's (and dealers') contact details cannot be available for other available rubbers from this manufacturer.

it's not that hard.
Maybe so. But that does not mean it cannot be made easier & more useful unless of course you feel table-tennis should be limited people with certain minimum intellect or web / computer savvy.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
They will supply to their contracted players first, not for general market. Joon Mizutaney is now a happy user with Tenergy 19.
Charity begins at home, you know.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Communication problem. I refer you to my first post again.
Just because something is now(just for legality) does not mean it has to be that way. Is there an international law or God's word preventing the LARC from being more useful than of very limited use, for the good of the sport as I explained.

I realize a manufacturer maybe paying just to keep a rubber still legal, but that does mean this manufacturer's (and dealers') contact details cannot be available for other available rubbers from this manufacturer.

Maybe so. But that does not mean it cannot be made easier & more useful unless of course you feel table-tennis should be limited people with certain minimum intellect or web / computer savvy.

God or international law as nothing to do with it. It's not the purpose of the LARC (or ITTF for that matter). As an official empire myself, we rely on the LARC as a tool to be as clear and concise as possible to check if a rubber is approved, the LARC is already a large document and prints as a booklet in fine print, we don't have all the time in the world to go through it, and we can't have additional unnecessary information like what you mentioned.

That doesn't mean you or someone else can't produce the type of resource you describe. If you want it, why not produce it. But it's not for the ITTF to do, they're a governing body in charge of rules, international competitions and the promotion of the sport. Equipment can be found easily many places, so that just about anyone can pick it up and play the sport. There are thousands of stores worldwide that sell TT equipments, hundreds of brands, thousands upon thousands of references, in hundreds of different languages... just for you to end up with a paddle and 2 rubbers. This information changes all the time, the manufacturers and individual stores keep it up, as a shopper you do your part to look it up, inform yourself...

Futhermore, when I said not all rubbers that are on the LARC are available, that means that some of those rubbers are only trademarked, and/or only available to pros... and may never be available for purchase. Tenergy 19 had been on the LARC for years and is only coming out in March, we didn't necessarily expect it to ever be available for purchase but it was approved for players to use. Butterfly Dignics w/ no number (early test version?), Tenergy 05N (National?), been on the LARC forever, doubt will ever see them. Tenergy 09C, Lemuria, Lagnus, Spryer... who knows? On the other end, variants of certain rubbers are not listed, DHS for example, national, provincial... even Neo, but that's another story.

Lastly, a lot of people don't know what the LARC is and what it's for. Easier for most people to find readily available equipment than to find the LARC or its new version. The more obscure equipment requires more digging of course, and anyone can go that route. We have many good resources and this forum is such.

Last edited: