Alternative to Primorac Carbon

Yes but it also depends on the thickness, I beleive the last 9 stands for 9mm, this is (as far as I know) the thickness of the single ply, and probably was the original thickness of this on too. But I will know more when I get to play with it...

I wanted a slower blade then Primorac Carbon but with the same feeling, and sofar it looks good.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
OK, I got the Tibhar H-3-9 (Thanks short_pimple). I happened to have a pair of Tibhar EL-S Lying around so hopefully I get to test it next week.
I noticed there was an argument of the H-3-9 thickness, I measured this one to be 7mm.
The weight of the naked blade was 89g and dressed 186g.

I will post again in this thread with the test result.

Cheers
L-zr

Updated 2021-0-21 10:20 (Utc+1)
A bounce test seems to confirm short_pimples assertion that it is significantly slower (At least with this rubber)

Hi, the original H-3-9 was 9mm thick and changed last year or maybe 2 years ago to 7mm so it needs to be slower now as it was in the past. I'm still searching a H-5-9 with ST handle ( Tibor)

Reactions: thomas.pong
I taken the H-3-9 for the first test run today.

It is definitely a fast blade. The Primorac carbon has a very soft rubber (Rakza 7 soft 2mm) and this one has a normal (ELS 2mm).
What I can say is that with the H-3-9 I felt a had more marginal of the hard shots, but maybe a little less on the soft. This could be due to the rubber. it does have a nice feel when the rubber is engaging hard, but nothing epic. You can feel that the ball stays longer on the blade when brushing. But with the Primorac it didn't pay off so I have not used that a lot. have to practice before I can use brushes regularly.

Overall the difference was not huge, but with the same rubber I think it will be significantly bigger.
It is basically what I asked for, so this will become my number one for now.

Last edited:
So good thats my suggestion was what you asked for!

Have fun with it, it is a beautiful blade and pairs even better with rubbers harder than El S
Thanks short_pimple.
I think I will stay with a fairly soft rubber for a while, the EL-S is fine for now.
The next project will be to find a good rubber for my Akkad. I am not happy with the Stiga Mantra M thats on it right now.

Cheers
L-zr

I have now played for some time with the H-3-9 an EL-S rubbers. I found it was too quick on my BH, I lost my confidence. so I reverted back to my Primorac Carbon with Rakza 7 soft. I will eventually try a different rubber on BH. But for now I am trying a Tibhar Akkad with FX-S and I find it not a whole lot different than the Primorac with R7. Both these combos seem to be a good fit for me.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I have now played for some time with the H-3-9 an EL-S rubbers. I found it was too quick on my BH, I lost my confidence. so I reverted back to my Primorac Carbon with Rakza 7 soft. I will eventually try a different rubber on BH. But for now I am trying a Tibhar Akkad with FX-S and I find it not a whole lot different than the Primorac with R7. Both these combos seem to be a good fit for me.

Cheers
L-zr

Hi Lazer, I've changed my rubbers too and now using Tibhar FX-P max both side with my Primorac Carbon, I really love the feeling it gives me with a very loudy sound. I've made 6 training with this set up now and feel very confident with it, the average for me is better than Primorac with T80fx 2.1 and the price is not bad too.

Hi Lazer, I've changed my rubbers too and now using Tibhar FX-P max both side with my Primorac Carbon, I really love the feeling it gives me with a very loudy sound. I've made 6 training with this set up now and feel very confident with it, the average for me is better than Primorac with T80fx 2.1 and the price is not bad too.

FX-P is a little bit harder than FX-S which is a little harder than Rakza 7 soft. For me FX-S is definitely usable (EL-S is a little too hard) I may test that on my Primorac Carbon next. Right now I gonna use my Akkad fo a while.

Cheers
L-zr