Kim Jung Hoon 1:1 Lesson with Div 3 Amateur Dude - BACKHAND

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Kim Jung Hoon has a Div 3 player teaching BH from mid to mid far distance. Best to view in Youtube and set the CC subs to auto English or whatever... YT does a crappy job of th transalting and it can get hilarious sometimes.

Number one thing KJH stresses with this dude is that Div 3 dude's BH Stroke is "Heavy" throughout, start and also finish. First think KJH tells him is to GET A FEELING of light, loose, less power at beginning of stroke... and to practice that feeling to result in a not so fast ball... then when that feeling is repeatable to whip it through starting real loose to result in a real strong ball.

KHJ in ALL his vids often stops the guy or gal and picks up the bat from the place to show.

Then, when he get him at the table for "Keep it alive BH" (Koreans call it a "Shoat") he recommends a shorter impulse and a fsater beat. He also stresses with the dude to wait a little more before impact.

Later, he tries to train a unique BH change of shot -the BH punch finish. He explains there are many short beats to time to do the shot. Div 3 dude was closing his blade a lttile too much and putting ball in net. KJH wants Div 3 dude to get a feeling of a very short duration impluse given to ball. Dude has problems consistently catching the beat of timing to impact.

Enjoy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Then, when he get him at the table for "Keep it alive BH" (Koreans call it a "Shoat") he recommends a shorter impulse and a fsater beat. He also stresses with the dude to wait a little more before impact.

Power in the timing, not in the muscle, as I keep telling my training partner. Ahhhh. I miss the practises so much.

Reactions: ttarc and SamTheMan
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In just about EVERY vid where KJH shows Korean amateur players... you will hear KJH tell dude or gal to "Wait a little longer" and this is to get the mental neuro path set to get player to impact ball in prime part of impact zone... but if he says it like that, no one will get it.

Syaing something in TT that is not exactly the same in technical, but results in someone getting the technical right, is very frequently used. Sometimes it can get confusing, but people should have a little more simple view to get it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you press the right button to view the video on youtube... while viewing video in YouTube, on bottom of the video screen, there is a CC button for subtitles. It is defaulted to Korean. You press the gear looking button on bottom of video to enter video setting where you can select the subtitle language.

Even with that, you will quickly notice that the subtitles do not make a lot of sense. Korean is a tough language. Kjh will sat "Boo" which in the situation of to means Division... so 3 Boo means Div 3... but the subs are gonna say Part 3... you will see a lot of stuff like this... it is what it is.

This player, by the way is a Div 3 regional level player... from the region north of Seoul... his club is not so far from where I lived when I was in Korea.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If you press the right button to view the video on youtube... while viewing video in YouTube, on bottom of the video screen, there is a CC button for subtitles. It is defaulted to Korean. You press the gear looking button on bottom of video to enter video setting where you can select the subtitle language.

I thought as much. I hoped for non auto-generated subs, they are not always helpful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I like that they have mirrors. Have trying to get mirrors to our training hall.

Cool video! A lot of information and stuff for the guy to learn in a short period of time. Proably easier to learn when doing multiball and for an adult but i still wonder if the guy would learn faster with less information and less things to learn at one time? Maybe for the purpose of the video.

Also feel the guy could come more over the ball. Looks a bit like he always have the racket a bit under the ball so always hit a bit up instead for more forward.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Lula,

Typical Korean amateur club lesson starts out as some single ball, then multi all. As players gets some level, more demanding footwork incorporated. When even higher, a lot of the drills are single ball with very explosive combinations of footwork and movement. Very fit males can rarely last the full 20 min of lesson.

What you see in the video is the typical KJH 1 POINT lesson, where someone wants a private lesson with coach on a specific issue.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk