Back to Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 476 906
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 906 476
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo21
    is it possible to see what type of rubber it is? you mention provinsial? how can you see that? do they have different qualites?

    There are 3 ‘grades’ of H3/H3Neo and some other DHS rubbers like Skyline 3.
    ’commercial’ which is your bulk standard H3/H3Neo, less quality control. Sheets can vary more.
    ’provincial’ better quality control, can has less tackiness but you are more likely to get more consistency between different sheets and how they play, feel.
    ’national’ highest quality control, meant to be graded to highest standards.
    There may have been a ‘ranking’ system in China, the Chinese companies sponsor regions or provinces.
    So maybe in the past they ‘picked’ out or quality checked their rubbers, releasing the lower quality to the general public ( commercial) the better quality sheets to the ‘provincial’ team players and the best quality sheets to the ‘National’ team players.
    Then there’s the different sponges, now things get more complicated!!!

    There’s another way to view this!!!
    commercial = cheapest to buy £15+
    provincial = more expensive £49+
    national = most expensive £60 - £100 ( depending on sponge )

    Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best??? What the pro’s use!!!
    Some retailers will quote H3 National ‘ Ma Long’ personal rubber, or another CNT players ‘personal’ H3 / H3Neo and ask £300 or more for one sheet!!!

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    Theo21


  2. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 226 644
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 644 226
    #62

    IB66;354417

    **********Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best???********** .........................well, ME for start 😁😁😁 and possibly hundreds of thousand ping pong players all over the known Multiverse There is an enormous majority. of us "ordinary" club and recreational players on which the top blades and top rubbers would be wasted because we simply can not play well enough to justify the purchase of those "top-goodies". Like most of us are very happy to drive a decent but average sort of a car and have no aspirations of ever purchasing a Ferrari or a Bugatty Veiron.

    The Following 2 Users Like lodro's Post:

    IB66 and Manto76

    Last edited by lodro; 4 Days Ago at 12:01 AM.

  3. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 130 223
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 223 130
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66


    Then there’s the different sponges, now things get more complicated!!!

    For those of us (like me) who know very little about Chinese rubbers; what's the difference between the blue and orange DHS sponges? And does the blue/orange distinction apply only to the Hurricane range, or also to Skyline/other?

    The Following User Likes Manto76's Post:

    Theo21


  4. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 598 1,386
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,386 598
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76
    For those of us (like me) who know very little about Chinese rubbers; what's the difference between the blue and orange DHS sponges? And does the blue/orange distinction apply only to the Hurricane range, or also to Skyline/other?

    The orange vs blue has been discussed many times to great extent.

    https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/for...vs-blue-sponge

    https://www.google.com/search?q=oran...&bih=986&dpr=2

    WTB Butterfly Ovtcharov and Yasaka Atletico Power, PM me if you want to sell one.

  5. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 130 223
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 223 130
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

    Thanks!


  6. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 476 906
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 906 476
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro

    IB66;354417

    **********Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best???********** .........................well, ME for start 😁😁😁 and possibly hundreds of thousand ping pong players all over the known Multiverse There is an enormous majority. of us "ordinary" club and recreational players on which the top blades and top rubbers would be wasted because we simply can not play well enough to justify the purchase of those "top-goodies". Like most of us are very happy to drive a decent but average sort of a car and have no aspirations of ever purchasing a Ferrari or a Bugatty Veiron.

    Yep ability comes into it, so does expectations v reality!!!! and a sheet of H3 National for €80 or so is way more attractive than €200,000+ for a car!!!!!!!

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    lodro


  7. BiGuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 17
    B
    BiGuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 17 1
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by timcable

    i agree - i have both the 45 and the hl5. the 45 is much much slower

    Do you feel any difference between the 2 blades?


  8. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,422 2,524
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,524 2,422
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Yep ability comes into it, so does expectations v reality!!!! and a sheet of H3 National for €80 or so is way more attractive than €200,000+ for a car!!!!!!!

    To be fair, if the commecial/provincial/national distinction really is rooted in a strict QA selection process, then it's not just a marketing ploy. The 'prime cuts' can be expected to be rather rare, and the selection process somewhat involved/costly. That does more or less automatically create a high tension of very short supply versus potentially very high demand.


  9. harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 110
    H
    harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 110 24
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by yoass

    To be fair, if the commecial/provincial/national distinction really is rooted in a strict QA selection process, then it's not just a marketing ploy. The 'prime cuts' can be expected to be rather rare, and the selection process somewhat involved/costly. That does more or less automatically create a high tension of very short supply versus potentially very high demand.

    I will try to make it a little more clear on this issue.
    Add 1) The provincial and national editions of DHS for merchants are very limited.
    Add 2) A lot of players think that H3 with a blue sponge will help them on the rise. I do not recommend players to buy BS if they do not have a very good experience with rubber modification. Booster and glue will do the right magic.
    Add 3) The blue sponge is different, fragile and without experience the rubber will destroy or the player will be disappointed.

    dhs-729.eu

  10. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 211 340
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 340 211
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by harty
    Add 2) A lot of players think that H3 with a blue sponge will help them on the rise. I do not recommend players to buy BS if they do not have a very good experience with rubber modification. Booster and glue will do the right magic.


    This is with 3 very thin layers of Falco Tempo, each applied approx. after a day. Does the Haifu Seamoon booster make it softer and react differently - not curl so much? After 2 days glued with 3 layers of Revo Nr3 on rubber and 2 on blade. What glue do you prefer and how many layers do you use?
    Last edited by latej; 2 Days Ago at 01:19 PM.

  11. harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 110
    H
    harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 110 24
    #71
    Quote Originally Posted by latej


    This is with 3 very thin layers of Falco Tempo, each applied approx. after a day. Does the Haifu Seamoon booster make it softer and react differently - not curl so much? After 2 days glued with 3 layers of Revo Nr3 on rubber and 2 on blade. What glue do you prefer and how many layers do you use?

    It is not the number of layers at all. I follow a visual perception. Here it is beautiful to see (if the layers were about the same) how the soft and hard sponge reacts. Yes, that is correct.
    I do it a little differently, first I put the glue (quite a lot), then I apply Seamoon in thin layers to the same bend as you have.
    I don't give any more glue.
    After the last layer of the booster, the glue must not be soft (greasy) for the rubber to stick well, just wait 24 hours and it's good.
    Falco is too greasy and there are some problems with it on the edges.
    I always give thin layers of booster to make it consistent across the surface. With a thicker layer, it will make a larger volume somewhere, because it cannot be spread so well and evenly. Always thin layers of booster, I never counted them, visual perception is important.

    dhs-729.eu

  12. harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 110
    H
    harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 110 24
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by latej


    This is with 3 very thin layers of Falco Tempo, each applied approx. after a day. Does the Haifu Seamoon booster make it softer and react differently - not curl so much? After 2 days glued with 3 layers of Revo Nr3 on rubber and 2 on blade. What glue do you prefer and how many layers do you use?

    Sorry, I forgot, I prefer Haifu water-based glue.
    I recommend enough glue (then it's magic).

    dhs-729.eu

  13. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 211 340
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 340 211
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by harty

    It is not the number of layers at all. I follow a visual perception. Here it is beautiful to see (if the layers were about the same) how the soft and hard sponge reacts. Yes, that is correct.
    I do it a little differently, first I put the glue (quite a lot), then I apply Seamoon in thin layers to the same bend as you have.
    I don't give any more glue.
    After the last layer of the booster, the glue must not be soft (greasy) for the rubber to stick well, just wait 24 hours and it's good.
    Falco is too greasy and there are some problems with it on the edges.
    I always give thin layers of booster to make it consistent across the surface. With a thicker layer, it will make a larger volume somewhere, because it cannot be spread so well and evenly. Always thin layers of booster, I never counted them, visual perception is important.


    Thanks a lot, I'm gonna try Seamoon and Haifu glue next time. It's a pitty I can't get Haifu glue in 250ml, that is about the right amount for me, but 60ml is OK too.


  14. Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 83 243
    K
    Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 243 83
    #74
    I have both FTL and Seamoon and use them next to each other for a fair comparison (on various chinese rubbers) So far FTL seems to be the stronger booster

  15. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 211 340
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 340 211
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolev
    I have both FTL and Seamoon and use them next to each other for a fair comparison (on various chinese rubbers) So far FTL seems to be the stronger booster
    Thanks. What would you say about the durability? Approx. the same?

  16. Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 83 243
    K
    Kolev is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 243 83
    #76
    So far I can judge on the results of the only two identical rubbers-TG3NEO 39°
    After removing them in two weeks or so, I can say that the one with the Seamoon has lost the tension and returned to its initial dome position while the FTL was still laying flat.
    It seems that the FTL lasts longer.
    FTL also made the rubber feel softer.
    None of these rubbers was new

    The Following User Likes Kolev's Post:

    latej


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.