re-visiting Neo Hurricane 3, provincial 37 and 38 degree

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
is it possible to see what type of rubber it is? you mention provinsial? how can you see that? do they have different qualites?

There are 3 ‘grades’ of H3/H3Neo and some other DHS rubbers like Skyline 3.
’commercial’ which is your bulk standard H3/H3Neo, less quality control. Sheets can vary more.
’provincial’ better quality control, can has less tackiness but you are more likely to get more consistency between different sheets and how they play, feel.
’national’ highest quality control, meant to be graded to highest standards.
There may have been a ‘ranking’ system in China, the Chinese companies sponsor regions or provinces.
So maybe in the past they ‘picked’ out or quality checked their rubbers, releasing the lower quality to the general public ( commercial) the better quality sheets to the ‘provincial’ team players and the best quality sheets to the ‘National’ team players.
Then there’s the different sponges, now things get more complicated!!!

There’s another way to view this!!!
commercial = cheapest to buy £15+
provincial = more expensive £49+
national = most expensive £60 - £100 ( depending on sponge )

Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best??? What the pro’s use!!!
Some retailers will quote H3 National ‘ Ma Long’ personal rubber, or another CNT players ‘personal’ H3 / H3Neo and ask £300 or more for one sheet!!!

Reactions: Theo21
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

IB66;354417

**********Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best???********** .........................well, ME for start 😁😁😁 and possibly hundreds of thousand ping pong players all over the known Multiverse There is an enormous majority. of us "ordinary" club and recreational players on which the top blades and top rubbers would be wasted because we simply can not play well enough to justify the purchase of those "top-goodies". Like most of us are very happy to drive a decent but average sort of a car and have no aspirations of ever purchasing a Ferrari or a Bugatty Veiron.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66 and Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Then there’s the different sponges, now things get more complicated!!!

For those of us (like me) who know very little about Chinese rubbers; what's the difference between the blue and orange DHS sponges? And does the blue/orange distinction apply only to the Hurricane range, or also to Skyline/other?

Reactions: Theo21
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
For those of us (like me) who know very little about Chinese rubbers; what's the difference between the blue and orange DHS sponges? And does the blue/orange distinction apply only to the Hurricane range, or also to Skyline/other?

The orange vs blue has been discussed many times to great extent.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21497-Dhs-hurricane-3-Orange-vs-blue-sponge

https://www.google.com/search?q=orange+vs+blue+sponge+site:www.tabletennisdaily.com&rlz=1C5CHFA_enPL936PL936&sxsrf=AOaemvKRneBBXL1A0NGJTwa6cu7t5JGBKQ:1634730248196&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1oPzd9NjzAhVGxosKHcZNCl0QrQIoBHoECAUQBQ&biw=1792&bih=986&dpr=2

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

IB66;354417

**********Great marketing strategy!! Who wouldn’t want the best???********** .........................well, ME for start 😁😁😁 and possibly hundreds of thousand ping pong players all over the known Multiverse There is an enormous majority. of us "ordinary" club and recreational players on which the top blades and top rubbers would be wasted because we simply can not play well enough to justify the purchase of those "top-goodies". Like most of us are very happy to drive a decent but average sort of a car and have no aspirations of ever purchasing a Ferrari or a Bugatty Veiron.

Yep ability comes into it, so does expectations v reality!!!! and a sheet of H3 National for €80 or so is way more attractive than €200,000+ for a car!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: latej and lodro
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yep ability comes into it, so does expectations v reality!!!! and a sheet of H3 National for €80 or so is way more attractive than €200,000+ for a car!!!!!!!

To be fair, if the commecial/provincial/national distinction really is rooted in a strict QA selection process, then it's not just a marketing ploy. The 'prime cuts' can be expected to be rather rare, and the selection process somewhat involved/costly. That does more or less automatically create a high tension of very short supply versus potentially very high demand.

This user has no status.

To be fair, if the commecial/provincial/national distinction really is rooted in a strict QA selection process, then it's not just a marketing ploy. The 'prime cuts' can be expected to be rather rare, and the selection process somewhat involved/costly. That does more or less automatically create a high tension of very short supply versus potentially very high demand.

I will try to make it a little more clear on this issue.
Add 1) The provincial and national editions of DHS for merchants are very limited.
Add 2) A lot of players think that H3 with a blue sponge will help them on the rise. I do not recommend players to buy BS if they do not have a very good experience with rubber modification. Booster and glue will do the right magic.
Add 3) The blue sponge is different, fragile and without experience the rubber will destroy or the player will be disappointed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Add 2) A lot of players think that H3 with a blue sponge will help them on the rise. I do not recommend players to buy BS if they do not have a very good experience with rubber modification. Booster and glue will do the right magic.

H3_Falco3.jpg

This is with 3 very thin layers of Falco Tempo, each applied approx. after a day. Does the Haifu Seamoon booster make it softer and react differently - not curl so much? After 2 days glued with 3 layers of Revo Nr3 on rubber and 2 on blade. What glue do you prefer and how many layers do you use?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
H3_Falco3.jpg

This is with 3 very thin layers of Falco Tempo, each applied approx. after a day. Does the Haifu Seamoon booster make it softer and react differently - not curl so much? After 2 days glued with 3 layers of Revo Nr3 on rubber and 2 on blade. What glue do you prefer and how many layers do you use?

It is not the number of layers at all. I follow a visual perception. Here it is beautiful to see (if the layers were about the same) how the soft and hard sponge reacts. Yes, that is correct.
I do it a little differently, first I put the glue (quite a lot), then I apply Seamoon in thin layers to the same bend as you have.
I don't give any more glue.
After the last layer of the booster, the glue must not be soft (greasy) for the rubber to stick well, just wait 24 hours and it's good.
Falco is too greasy and there are some problems with it on the edges.
I always give thin layers of booster to make it consistent across the surface. With a thicker layer, it will make a larger volume somewhere, because it cannot be spread so well and evenly. Always thin layers of booster, I never counted them, visual perception is important.

This user has no status.
H3_Falco3.jpg

Sorry, I forgot, I prefer Haifu water-based glue.
I recommend enough glue (then it's magic).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

It is not the number of layers at all. I follow a visual perception. Here it is beautiful to see (if the layers were about the same) how the soft and hard sponge reacts. Yes, that is correct.
I do it a little differently, first I put the glue (quite a lot), then I apply Seamoon in thin layers to the same bend as you have.
I don't give any more glue.
After the last layer of the booster, the glue must not be soft (greasy) for the rubber to stick well, just wait 24 hours and it's good.
Falco is too greasy and there are some problems with it on the edges.
I always give thin layers of booster to make it consistent across the surface. With a thicker layer, it will make a larger volume somewhere, because it cannot be spread so well and evenly. Always thin layers of booster, I never counted them, visual perception is important.

Thanks a lot, I'm gonna try Seamoon and Haifu glue next time. It's a pitty I can't get Haifu glue in 250ml, that is about the right amount for me, but 60ml is OK too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
So far I can judge on the results of the only two identical rubbers-TG3NEO 39°
After removing them in two weeks or so, I can say that the one with the Seamoon has lost the tension and returned to its initial dome position while the FTL was still laying flat.
It seems that the FTL lasts longer.
FTL also made the rubber feel softer.
None of these rubbers was new

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
So far I can judge on the results of the only two identical rubbers-TG3NEO 39°
After removing them in two weeks or so, I can say that the one with the Seamoon has lost the tension and returned to its initial dome position while the FTL was still laying flat.
It seems that the FTL lasts longer.
FTL also made the rubber feel softer.
None of these rubbers was new

Thanks. You know I asked about the Seamoon because of this video. See how the rubber looks soft when applying the second layer of the booster, and it is not that much curled/bent. None of my H3s or B2s reacted this way on the FTL. Harty gets the same bent/curl with Seamoon, and the only difference what remains is that the rubber in the video is H3 national - and I am refusing to jump that bandwagon, even though IB66's justification is totally believable :) Not that I actually want to make the rubber much softer, but I wonder, how does he do it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
If i had known 12 years ago that boosting was such a painstaking process (as in this video) I would have never started.
I boost like some other guys in other videos do, on a CLEAN sponge, tiny layer, waiting for absorption, another layer, absorption, maybe one more, waiting till the dome almost settles, glueing, pressing..... Done 👍.
The results and tming will vary with different boosters on different rubbers, but thats a big part of the thrill.
BTW, I certainly don't want my rubbers mushy, so after quite a few miscarriages I have become extra careful while applying booster. The more the expensive the rubber the more the care should be taken