Achtung Lula !! Kim Jung Hoon 1:1 Lesson with Div 5 Short Pips FH Dude

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Lula and TTD,

KJH with another 1;1 lesson vid... this time with a Div 5 FH SP dude.

Largest problem dude has right away is wrong beat/cadence, and his backswing/swing too far in front. He immediately correct guy to cakswing longer and finish less far crossed over.

Another area of foucs is what Lula bangs on often... opening blade a little more so dude can swing forward and use moar power transfer.

KJH constantly pounds the message to Catch the Ball.

KJH shows how to keep in point on BH at some distance, then how to get to table on next ball and BH punch a good one. Dude has issues grasping the timing of the step.

at 11:30 KJH shows Div 5 dude on BH is impacting ball too far in front of zone, stops and shows him.

12:40 he shows a more effecive elbow position (tucked in back some) for the "Steam Engine Train BH Punch Shot"

at 14:00+ KJH shows dude how to grip bat for Twiddling to use inverted spiny for serve and flip back to SP for FH. KJH advises to more frequently use FH shovel serve deep to BH corner, then get into those BH to BH rallies that faver him.

He shows how to vary spin 17:00+

I never noticed this before. KJH switched to Joola sponsorship a while back, but it looks like Joola just doesn't make barriers tall enough to use in KJH's club.

Enjoy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I need to study haha! ;) More interesting to watch this!

Cool to see forehand short pimple. Falck effect? I think he hits the ball a bit too much in front of him when smashing forehand so it become more like he push the ball forward. Could try to wait a little.

Short pimple on bh too? sounds so on the sound.

I like the coach. Very excited!

Echte! Do you speak korean fluently? Still a bit lost regardin your nationality. It would be interesting to learn some asian language since the knowledge of tabletennis is high there. Which language is "easiest"? and best to learn? Would like to have some kind of audio app where they say a phrase in english then in another language so you could listen when going for a walk.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow! these lessons are a treasure trove. Thanks Der_Echte for sharing these. It is a shame that I don't know Korean so that I cannot follow the exact sense of what coach Kim is saying. These kind of lessons must be very expensive to take as well. At least here in US, I need to be ready to donate one kidney at least for such lesson.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Lula, some of the European TTD members have seen me live, they would likely report that my face has zero Asian features. The few who may have seen me change shirts might say if I do that before replacing shirt, that I could kick Rudolf the reindeer out of his job.

I am a level below native in Korean, just banged my head against the wall until the Korean went in. I do not know all Asian languages, I did learn Korean and German as adult, of course German WAY easier. In 6 months of night classes, the German friends I visited afterwards were like WTF???!!! when did you be able to speak German???!!! ... and after 6 months of learning Korean full time, the only thing I studied 8 hrs a day in class, after 6 months of that, I might still starve if I had to order in Korean at a resturant. If I tried to ask a girl out on a date, and required to do it in Korean, the girl might perish from laughing so hard, or she might Biatch slap me into the next state. That gives you an idea of how slow it can be if you try to learn how to function right away... it just isn't happening, at least not immediately, just a reality.

That should give you an idea of Korean Lula. However, once you can actually grasp the grammar (there is grammar for everything) and can command some vocabulary, at that point, Korean gets real easy and natural as there is not very much irregular. You only have the normal process of learning how the natives actually use what word when.... whcih might take some years :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Lula
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow! these lessons are a treasure trove. Thanks Der_Echte for sharing these. It is a shame that I don't know Korean so that I cannot follow the exact sense of what coach Kim is saying. These kind of lessons must be very expensive to take as well. At least here in US, I need to be ready to donate one kidney at least for such lesson.

1 month of club memebrship that comes with unlimited play and 2x 20 min lessons a week from one of the top cioaches for the whole month costs $160 USD. If the lessons are from KJH, then it is $220 a month USD. a ONE POINT LESSON is a 1:1 specialized lesson covering some topic the player asked coach for help on... that is $45 for the 20 minutes like you see in the vid. That is why he films some of them... sometimes for the player, sometimes to advertize to Koreans to get lessons from him.

One month of basic unlimited play in that club runs $85 USSD per month and that place has showers and some other stuff too.

KJH's prices are typical for a premium TT club, his place is larger than average and has more stuff.

In USA, you can rarely get such a 1:1 foucs on something like this. You usually get an hour of standardized kid pro training style wear you out stuff, not really learn a lot in one particular lesson... so $45 for one session to get to learn that stuff you can use judgement if it is worth it or not.

I also see you have seen, and hope liked, Greg Letts vid on BTY price increases hehe.