Spinlord Waran II

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
At long last, and after writing many written reviews, I finally got around to review the Spinlord Waran II, a rubber that I have been playing with for the past 2-3 years, and received many questions on.

I hope you enjoy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Is there a big different from Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition to Fextra 7 ply wood i use now???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have tried waran 2 on forehand. Need good footwork and strong body since the rubber is pretty hard. Proably better for backhand and closer to the table?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I would like to know the different from Tibhar Force pro Black and Sanwei fextra 7 wood ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe higher endspeed since it is harder? but need to work harder yourself.

Mar 2014
I have tried waran 2 on forehand. Need good footwork and strong body since the rubber is pretty hard. Proably better for backhand and closer to the table?

I agree. The Waran II is less well suited for looping. It is possible to make fast, flat fishing shots from mid-distance (you can read the full written Waran II review from my web-site). For me, it is a close-to-the-table blocking and driving rubber that still allows for excellent short game.

Reactions: Giovanni Greco
Mar 2014
Is waran 2 faster than standard waran? I really like the standard waran, but its durability sucks - I notice a lot of unforced errors after one month of playing. That's why I can't use it anymore

Since the W2 is harder it inherently - by default - is a little slower. However, given that it is harder, you can add more power to the ball itself, which in turn means you can play faster shots in a more controlled manner, if you get what I mean.

Softer rubbers are inherently faster than harder rubbers (more bouncy), but you can add more power with a harder rubber in a more controlled manner without hitting through the sponge.

Mar 2014
Maybe higher endspeed since it is harder? but need to work harder yourself.

Exactly. Just like with Hurricane 3, which is an inherently slow rubber, but you can add more power yourself, and thereby more precisely calibrate the amount of power on the ball.

Mar 2014
Is waran 2 faster than standard waran? I really like the standard waran, but its durability sucks - I notice a lot of unforced errors after one month of playing. That's why I can't use it anymore

BTW - as mentioned in my full written review, apart for a little bit of chipping around the edges where I make contact with the table, the Waran II playing characteristics do not change appreciably with time in my opinion. I have sheets that are ~2 years or more old and they are just fine (except for the chipping).

The W2 does not come with built-in glue effect (and isn't factory-boosted, I think), which is why it remains fairly constant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am more impressed by the Pong Professor's BH consistency. Two of my three practice partners us SP. The flat, low over the net BH balls are hard to get back mostly because they don't bounce up very high. I bet he could do the same with many rubbers.
Sink effect?