Friendship Battle 2 rubber quality after 4 months

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
FHRubberBattle2_1.jpg

FHRubberBattle2_2.jpg

These are the pictures of the Friendship 729 Provincial BATTLE II rubber that I bought about 4 months back and played very little with (about 16-20 sessions in total). After each session of play, almost always I cleaned the top sheet with Donic Bioclean and with Butterfly Spin refresh and kept the bat in the TT cover. Recently I took out the bat to do service practice and immediately noticed the significant reduction in feel, spin and stickiness. I was wondering if this is normal with the Battle 2 rubber or I did something wrong ? Please note that I have DHS H3 Neo as well which I bought almost a year before and it is still very grippy and sticky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Water, sponge, ordinary plastic freezing bag to store it in. I have rubbers since 35 years now, and they are great with just water + sponge and plastic bag. Just remember to clean it during training/matches as well. I guess you save some money by using water and cleaning sponges, so you may buy a new Battle II. Go for the provincial or prov. gold version. They are better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Do you keep just wiping the cleaner on the rubber and don't rinse your sponge? Try a drop of clear liquid soap on a damp sponge and keep rinsing and squeezing the sponge and wiping till all the soapy water is gone and dry with a microfiber covered sponge.

Reactions: Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
My rubber (729 battle 2) affter 5 months, 12 hours play per weeks. I have good forehand loop. My rubber still have good feel, spin, sticky.
revspin.net/rubber/729-battle-ii-provincial-battle-2-provincial.html
after every day I cleaned it with the dhs cleaner and wrapped it with a protective sheet. i used to play dhs h3 neo for almost 2 years many versions. I would say 729 has the same or more durability as dhs H3 Neo.

9141f4031e94eecab785.jpg99400e27e4b014ee4da1.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I had this issue with some DHS rubbers when I started TT, I used to be very maniac about my equipment, used special cleaner and plastic protection after each training session. One day my coach in China told me that was useless, you just have to use a soft sponge and water (demineralised water if you are really nerd haha), let it dry and put it back in your case.I don't do the cleaning after each session, the more you clean, the faster it will degrade :)

Last edited:
A chinese rubber is best when it is cleaned and covefed with plastic after using. When the surface dries up, it does not feel as spinny and also would collect dust easily. The red ones are ok since they are not as tacky and needs only cleaning with no plastic cover especially if you use it as a bh rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If you have less feeling try to re-glue the rubber also you seem to clean it good and that is enough if you ask me protecting it with a special sheet will help but not that much I only clean mine with butterfly foam cleaner and its as brand new after using even if its 7-8 months old. I cant see good on the pic but that looks to me either that its scratched or you have played like outside with it or the floor in your table tennis hall is dirty and stuff gets stuck on the topsheet little particles and ruing the top sheet and the more you play like that the more they get stuck into the rubber and if cleaning with normal cleaner or water doesn't help then its time to replace.