Nittaku C1 vs Butterfly Rozena

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, searching fh ruber. I am intermidiate or average player with better fh. Blade is yasaka sweden classic and I like. Whats the difference between C1 and Rozena in:
Speed
Spin
Control
Arc
Hardness
Sensitive to incoming serve

Regards

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi, searching fh ruber. I am intermidiate or average player with better fh. Blade is yasaka sweden classic and I like. Whats the difference between C1 and Rozena in:
Speed
Spin
Control
Arc
Hardness
Sensitive to incoming serve

Regards

Speed: C1 is quite a bit faster
Spin: Rozena is easier to generate spin with, C1 can generate much more spin with right technique
Control: Rozena is much more controllable, it's also great at blocking
Arc: Similar, medium throw, fairly linear
Hardness: Same sponge hardness (45 deg) but C1's topsheet is harder
Sensitive to incoming serve: C1 is more sensitive to incoming spin

How long have you been playing for?
Do you play at a club, in a league, get coaching lessons?
What rubbers are you using on your FH and BH currently? Why do you want to change?

Best

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi and tx for reply.

I am playing tt for 7 years. I had blade BF Innerforce Layer ALC with BF 05fx on fh and BF 25fx on bh. But as time shoed it was to speedy for me, because I learned few things and I thought it's for me. I play in club which is not in league, but we have our league from our region and it's great. Anyway I've noticed that equipment was to fast for my style of play. Aha, my play of sytle is fh drive, nice loops, great on blocks and returning speedy balls. I am not as good in smashes, specialy if its underspin. On bh I've made a progress and now I play nice drive, also loops, great on blocks and returning - all in all still learning, also on BF robot.
Currently I use blade Yasaka Sweden Classic, on fh BF 80fx and it's quite good - maybe I will even stick to it, just wanted to know if maybe Rozena or C1 would be better. On bh I use Andro Hexer Grip SFX and I like it.
I want to change on fh maybe to have less speed and more control, but I don't want to loose spin as 80fx offers.
Here is te link from our club: https://www.ntkbelakrajina.si/

Best regards

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Hi and tx for reply.

I am playing tt for 7 years. I had blade BF Innerforce Layer ALC with BF 05fx on fh and BF 25fx on bh. But as time shoed it was to speedy for me, because I learned few things and I thought it's for me. I play in club which is not in league, but we have our league from our region and it's great. Anyway I've noticed that equipment was to fast for my style of play. Aha, my play of sytle is fh drive, nice loops, great on blocks and returning speedy balls. I am not as good in smashes, specialy if its underspin. On bh I've made a progress and now I play nice drive, also loops, great on blocks and returning - all in all still learning, also on BF robot.
Currently I use blade Yasaka Sweden Classic, on fh BF 80fx and it's quite good - maybe I will even stick to it, just wanted to know if maybe Rozena or C1 would be better. On bh I use Andro Hexer Grip SFX and I like it.
I want to change on fh maybe to have less speed and more control, but I don't want to loose spin as 80fx offers.
Here is te link from our club: https://www.ntkbelakrajina.si/

Best regards

If you like Hexer Grip SFX on BH, you may consider Hexer Grip on FH (45 deg hardness) good spin and control.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Tx, since I dont want harder rubber than medium (I would prefer 42.5), how is C1 hardness compared to Rozena, tenergy fx or similar to which rubber?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Tx, since I dont want harder rubber than medium (I would prefer 42.5), how is C1 hardness compared to Rozena, tenergy fx or similar to which rubber?

I've already answered this question.

Rozena and C1 are both 45 degrees sponge hardness, with C1's topsheet feeling a bit harder.

Tenergy FX is 42-43 degrees, with 05's topsheet feeling hardest, then 80 then 64.

Reactions: mat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Speed: C1 is quite a bit faster
Spin: Rozena is easier to generate spin with, C1 can generate much more spin with right technique
Control: Rozena is much more controllable, it's also great at blocking
Arc: Similar, medium throw, fairly linear
Hardness: Same sponge hardness (45 deg) but C1's topsheet is harder
Sensitive to incoming serve: C1 is more sensitive to incoming spin

How long have you been playing for?
Do you play at a club, in a league, get coaching lessons?
What rubbers are you using on your FH and BH currently? Why do you want to change?

Best

Wait a sec - Rozena has a sponge hardness of 35°, and not 45° ...

This user has no status.
Rozena, and Butterfly rubbers in general, are measured using a different hardness scale than ESN rubbers. The numbers we have bee quoting are based upon the scale used to measure European rubbers. 45 degrees on the European scale is a decent estimate of Rozena's hardness.

Regards,
Tim

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Rozena, and Butterfly rubbers in general, are measured using a different hardness scale than ESN rubbers. The numbers we have bee quoting are based upon the scale used to measure European rubbers. 45 degrees on the European scale is a decent estimate of Rozena's hardness.

Regards,
Tim
ahh ... in which case, I would request that whoever's posting sponge hardness figures mention the scale they're using/refering to - much like how one would mention what time-zone they're referring to..

The 35° sponge is what I have read on most Rozena reviews (Including the one on this forum itself) , and also on the Official Butterfly comparison chart. It's very confusing, when it says 35° on all the reviews, and then 45° on other regular posts ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey guys,
do you know which one is more durable?
Everybody praises the durability of the Fastarc series. I wonder how an ESN rubber can surpass the one of japanese's quality.