KNT: Why We use National H3!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
KNT: Why We Use National H3!

Tak9.com asks various members of the Korea National Team for their opinions on everything about H3, why H3, what makes it difficult to use(?), hardness, orange and blue, provincial and national...

촬영 : 탁구닷컴

편집 : 탁구닷컴

출연 :
삼성생명 탁구단
- 감독 유남규
- 안재현(전면 국광)
- 최효주(전면 국광)
- 조승민(전/후면 국광)

포스코에너지 탁구단
- 감독 김형석
- 전지희(전/후면 국광)
- 양하은(전면 국광)

한국마사회 탁구단
- 코치 김상수
- 주세혁

대한항공 탁구단
- 코치 당예서
- 김하영(전/후면 국광)
- 신유빈(전면 국광)

미래에셋대우 탁구단
- 장우진(전면 국광)
Filming: tak9.com

Editing: tak9.com

Cast:
Samsung Life Table Tennis Team
- Director Yoo Namkyu
- Ahn Jaehyun (National H3 on FH)
- Choi Hyojoo (National H3 on FH)
- Cho Seungmin (National H3 on FH/BH)

POSCO Energy Table Tennis Team
- Director Kim Hyungsuk
- Jeon Jihee (National H3 on FH/BH)
- Yang Haeun (National H3 on FH)

Korean Racing Authority Table Tennis Team
- Coach Kim Sangsoo
- Joo Saehyuk

Korean Air Table Tennis Team
- Coach Dang Yeseo, AKA Tang Na
- Kim Hayoung (National H3 on FH/BH)
- Shin Yubin (National H3 on FH)

Mirae Asset Daewoo Table Tennis Team
- Jang Woojin (National H3 on FH)

Last edited:
Haha i tried to decipher what was being said with auto translate, alas the results were... predictably hilarious?

I will leave you all with these sage words from Joo Saehyuk:cool::

nonsense.jpg

Jan 2018
I keep hearing Tenergy. And this, 중국러버를 = Chinese rubber.

0:31
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
왜?
DHS Hurricane series,
why?

4:35
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
유행의 시작
DHS Hurricane series,
the beginning of fashion(?)

7:59
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
대세인 이유는?
DHS Hurricane series,
The reason it becomes the trend?

12:29
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
무엇이 어려운가?
DHS Hurricane series,
what makes it difficult?

14:31
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
백핸드 vs 포핸드
DHS Hurricane series,
BH vs FH

17:13
오렌지 스폰지 (Orange)
vs
블루 스폰지 (Blue)

21:48
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
나의 상대가 쓴다면?
DHS Hurricane series,
what if the opponent uses it?

28:44
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
너도 할 수 있어!
DHS Hurricane series,
you can do it, too!

37:03
DHS 허리케인 시리즈,
선택의 기준!
DHS Hurricane series,
choice criteria!

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I love discussion about H3 and especially hearing pros talk about it. Is there a chance somebody can translate and make english subtitles in that youtube video? I don't mean to put translation here in this thread but to just add english subtitles in the actual youtube video.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TAK9.com is Nexy Korea.

Over the years, they became the largest TT superstore in Korea. They are authorized distributor for DHS and also several other brands. So, if DHS is making a push to increase the market, there isn't a better way to do it than stock the pros with that high end stuff and make a market.

Nexy Korea president is a Pastor and he speaks English. He also has some staff who can. Even 10+ yrs ago, he hired specialized staff, like a web designer. He has people who make and do the work to polish the vids. If Nexy Korea wanted the stuff to be in English, they could do it.

My personal discirnment on this is that since Nexy Korea CAN make the vids in English, there is a reason or three why they do not make this vid in English. It could be that it takes more time and they have pressing things to do. it could be that this is for the domestic market. It could be that there may be an English vid to follow and it is not ready yet.

On Nexy Korea's special Blade/Rubber youtube channel, President Moon put up a Korean vid first, then followed it up with a vid later in English.

These are some things to consider. There are existing market forces and ways markets work. Sometimes, a business sees a trend and capitalizes. Sometimes, an outfit has a vision and makes a market and makes trends.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The pros are talking about what T05 does in a situation and what H3 does. Some situations they can trust H3 more.

When Joo S H speaks, it is a revealing thing about pros and mentality.

Joo says that the hard struck shots with some rubbers will go into the net... and with pros, they remember that in the close moments of a match, like say when the score is 9-9 and when they attack, at the very end of the stroke they will do a tensing up thing to try to get the ball over the net. This means a pro cannot hit confidently, and that kills you.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another thing to consider with the Korean...

I am not a native speaker, but do wvery well. I am capable of representing the content of a vid in English that is coherent and makes sense to an English speaker. However, it can take me some time to do the full job all the way. That is why you see a lot of the Korean vids I express on TTD that I will represent in English the most high value parts, so that in the time I spent, i could get some decent value for people without killing myself too much. I do not get paid money, I make these of my own free will. I do not believe that long term, there will be anyone who will translate full vids for free for very long.

You might see that same thing from Koreans when they make vids in Korean, then are asked to do it in English. Particularly, if it is a pro outfit, like Nexy Korea, they have to ask themselves is it worth the time and expense (people are not gunna do it for free and it takes time/people/money to QC free content anyway). If an outfit really wants to be global and go that way, then there will be more energy spent on making stuff available in English.

I think you will see the amount and quality of stuff in English go along with pretty closely with that outfit's level of commitment to going global. This would apply for any outfit, not just Nexy Korea.

Last edited:
TAK9.com is Nexy Korea.

Over the years, they became the largest TT superstore in Korea. They are authorized distributor for DHS and also several other brands. So, if DHS is making a push to increase the market, there isn't a better way to do it than stock the pros with that high end stuff and make a market.

Nexy Korea president is a Pastor and he speaks English. He also has some staff who can. Even 10+ yrs ago, he hired specialized staff, like a web designer. He has people who make and do the work to polish the vids. If Nexy Korea wanted the stuff to be in English, they could do it.

My personal discirnment on this is that since Nexy Korea CAN make the vids in English, there is a reason or three why they do not make this vid in English. It could be that it takes more time and they have pressing things to do. it could be that this is for the domestic market. It could be that there may be an English vid to follow and it is not ready yet.

On Nexy Korea's special Blade/Rubber youtube channel, President Moon put up a Korean vid first, then followed it up with a vid later in English.

These are some things to consider. There are existing market forces and ways markets work. Sometimes, a business sees a trend and capitalizes. Sometimes, an outfit has a vision and makes a market and makes trends.

Mr. Moon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
I do hope that this video will get English subbed eventually because I think this video is very important for me especially as I have almost 7 years of debate with my good friend (coach) about the quality of tacky rubber in general. My friend always condemned me of using tacky rubber and he's hating tacky rubber to the max. He always undermines the tacky rubber and will discredit everything or anything good about tacky rubber.

The problem is he's the most ranked player in my state and he always thinks he's right all the time and unfortunately, some people just take everything of what he said due to his status as the state's best player. He is very dominating in my state as I can make his domination as good as Ma Long's domination. He is that good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I do hope that this video will get English subbed eventually because I think this video is very important for me especially as I have almost 7 years of debate with my good friend (coach) about the quality of tacky rubber in general. My friend always condemned me of using tacky rubber and he's hating tacky rubber to the max. He always undermines the tacky rubber and will discredit everything or anything good about tacky rubber. The problem is he's the most ranked player in my state and he always thinks he's right all the time and unfortunately, some people just take everything of what he said due to his status as the state's best player. He is very dominating in my state as I can make his domination as good as Ma Long's domination. He is that good.

It’s probably not gonna make a dent on him. He probably knows very well all Chinese players use tacky rubbers. Some people just love taking sides.

I’d rather say you would probably take the advantages of tacky rubbers for yourself. Otherwise it’s gonna hurt you loosing the fish fight. :cool:

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I love discussion about H3 and especially hearing pros talk about it. Is there a chance somebody can translate and make english subtitles in that youtube video? I don't mean to put translation here in this thread but to just add english subtitles in the actual youtube video.

Der_Echte said:

I FB chatted with President Moon, he confirmed that it is reason #1 That provided why he didn't make the vid with English subtitles.

Nexy Korea made the vid for the domestic market, it takes time/effort/expertise/expense to make it with mostly coherent English subtitles, and the outfit has a LOT of stuff to do.

Another factor is the expertise. Oscar and the few staff he has speak English, but they are not trained to be professional transaltors, and in this kind of thing, if your English is even a little off, it looks real bad on the business reputation and potential to gain new business. No one is gunna do a proper job (professional, the English makes sense, vetted by a native) on this for free.

I stand by my opinion that if/when Nexy Korea becomes committed to gaining a larger share of the international market, you will see a lot more of these kind of vids, but with English subtitles.

I related this before, and do it again, Even though I am capable of doing a coherent representation of an entire Korean vid, it just simply is NOT WORTH the time/effort to do it complete for the whole vid. Der_Echte is not getting paid, puts up the Korean TT amateur vids out of pure love for TT, and has to sleep SOMETIME.

I know it is difficult for people to stop a minute and consider the situation and factors involved... and the effort/payoff leading to yes/no on taking the time/effort/expense to do subs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
@Der_Echte: i think most people here don’t expect you (or anyone) to translate all the korean (or japanese) stuff. I understand that most of the time, people just do it because they love table tennis and want to share rather than benefiting anything from doing the translation/subbing. There are so many good Korean and Japanese table tennis content and i always wish they are all subtitled in english, but at the same time, i know it’s impossible. The Korean and Japanese people don’t speak English much, and they can only concentrate on the domestic viewers/market.
Thanks for all translation that you did. Just do it when you can and want to, we can’t expect you to do it on demand for sure :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Maybe because I called his name and he’s such a responsible old dude :cool: I just love to hear some comments from him :) like the part about JSH. The more the better. :p

• Haha
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@Der_Echte: i think most people here don’t expect you (or anyone) to translate all the korean (or japanese) stuff. I understand that most of the time, people just do it because they love table tennis and want to share rather than benefiting anything from doing the translation/subbing. There are so many good Korean and Japanese table tennis content and i always wish they are all subtitled in english, but at the same time, i know it’s impossible. The Korean and Japanese people don’t speak English much, and they can only concentrate on the domestic viewers/market.
Thanks for all translation that you did. Just do it when you can and want to, we can’t expect you to do it on demand for sure :D
Hi immaru,

Koreans, usually have EXTENSIVE English training. Parents put kids in preschools .. then they get English in school starting grade school, then parents send them to extra night school prep courses for math, science, English... all the way through high school, then uni.

So many hours on English, but do not function at all for conversation or live peesentations... why? It is all about what gets you into uni... and that is recognition and comprehension of HIGH LEVEL English vocab... which is WAY DIFFERENT from intuitive functioning and thinking in English.

There is about zero way to do both at same time... so guess what parents force kids to do? You got it, do well on tests, like 99th percentile and damn the functional speaking, that doesn't matter... until you gotta function in it. Then, you gotta learn all over again and it is almost too late.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hi immaru,

Koreans, usually have EXTENSIVE English training. Parents put kids in preschools .. then they get English in school starting grade school, then parents send them to extra night school prep courses for math, science, English... all the way through high school, then uni.

So many hours on English, but do not function at all for conversation or live peesentations... why? It is all about what gets you into uni... and that is recognition and comprehension of HIGH LEVEL English vocab... which is WAY DIFFERENT from intuitive functioning and thinking in English.

There is about zero way to do both at same time... so guess what parents force kids to do? You got it, do well on tests, like 99th percentile and damn the functional speaking, that doesn't matter... until you gotta function in it. Then, you gotta learn all over again and it is almost too late.

Thanks for the insight. I didn’t know Koreans spend so much time learning English.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Immaru...Korean parents make their college bound kids spend SO MUCH TIME STUDYING that Korean assembly made a notional law forbidding night school past 10 PM.

As it was, some kids were at these night schools until midnight, they still had to get home and do homework, shower and get ready for early school.

• Wow