Rubber for nittaku acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Make sense, I don't understand the brush contact feeling at the moment. More practice needed :)

It feels as if the ball was glued on to the paddle and you were dragging the ball over the intended trajectory. As if you were catching and throwing the ball.

Reactions: Wrighty67
BersaKAIN;338782

Make sense, I don't understand the brush contact feeling at the moment. More practice needed :)

Imagine you are grazing the ball but the ball does not sink too much into the sponge. You are contacting the ball with a closed racket angle like maybe even a degrees then swing it forward. Start with a contact that does not have much sound. Hitting through the sponge will have a louder sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
BersaKAIN;338782

You want to try to brush the ball with a thin contact like you would with the tip of a brush. Think of the topsheet at the tip of your brush, you only want to use the topsheet and a bit of the sponge, not penetrate the sponge too much and hit the blade.

You also want to pay attention to where you hit the ball, for topspin to topspin, you hit at least a bit of the top of the ball going forward. If you're topspinning/lifting backspin, more of the back of the ball with a bit of the top of the ball, going up.

Finally, if you're right handed, the contact on the paddle for a topspin is on the 1/4 that's top left, and you want to keep the ball in your rubber as long as possible but sliding it thinly toward the center, not by having it sink deeper into the sponge so that it hits the blade (that last part is what you want for a drive, hit or smash, not a topspin).

For serves, if you're right handed, the contact on the paddle is on the very top right at the tip, then you brush with the wrist.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021

Imagine you are grazing the ball but the ball does not sink too much into the sponge. You are contacting the ball with a closed racket angle like maybe even a degrees then swing it forward. Start with a contact that does not have much sound. Hitting through the sponge will have a louder sound.

Thanks for the explanation! I will pay more attention to the sound. Do you change the racket angle when you are hitting the ball? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
You want to try to brush the ball with a thin contact like you would with the tip of a brush. Think of the topsheet at the tip of your brush, you only want to use the topsheet and a bit of the sponge, not penetrate the sponge too much and hit the blade.

You also want to pay attention to where you hit the ball, for topspin to topspin, you hit at least a bit of the top of the ball going forward. If you're topspinning/lifting backspin, more of the back of the ball with a bit of the top of the ball, going up.

Finally, if you're right handed, the contact on the paddle for a topspin is on the 1/4 that's top left, and you want to keep the ball in your rubber as long as possible but sliding it thinly toward the center, not by having it sink deeper into the sponge so that it hits the blade (that last part is what you want for a drive, hit or smash, not a topspin).

For serves, if you're right handed, the contact on the paddle is on the very top right at the tip, then you brush with the wrist.

Thanks Thomas!
I will pay more attention to the contact point. I miss the ball if I drop my hand to low, might also need to work on that :)

Today I played a little more with the racket am feeling better! I feel I do need to close the racket a little more than my previous racket. Is it what the throw angle mean?

BersaKAIN;338782

BersaKAIN;338857

Thanks for the explanation! I will pay more attention to the sound. Do you change the racket angle when you are hitting the ball? Thanks!

Depends on the amount and type of incoming spin. If it is underspin a bit more open angle while topspin, no spin, sidespin i use a more closed angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
BersaKAIN;338859

Thanks Thomas!
I will pay more attention to the contact point. I miss the ball if I drop my hand to low, might also need to work on that :)

Today I played a little more with the racket am feeling better! I feel I do need to close the racket a little more than my previous racket. Is it what the throw angle mean?

Both yogi and Dan posted videos with exercices that will help you feel that contact. There should be a video where Dan showed brushing the ball of the ball and there was somewhere video of yogi brush looping ball dropped from hand. Both these exercices should show you what you should feel. Forget theory focus on feeling.

There is a few players in my club who still struggle with this despite knowing the theory very well. They now they should not engage the sponge but still I can clearly hear their contact is bad, and they constantly net the ball if the backspin is decent.

If you will do excercices that will force you to contact the ball the right, I mean excrcices that will always fail if you have bad contact, and focus on remembering the feeling.

FH Loop - pre-multiball stage Teaching FH Loop or topspin is a challenge for beginners but a coach can find ways to lessen the difficulty as well as practice the key points of the stroke before a player can actually do multiballs. The objectives of this exercise are: 1. to make the trainee practice bending the knees at the beginning of the stroke as this is a challenge at this stage of development. 2. to emphasize the importance of bending the knees as this gives extra power when looping underspin. Also, the racket should be at least at the side of the right knee (if you are right-handed) at the beginning of the stroke when you are dipping your racket towards the floor. 3. to have the elbow should be relaxed and slightly extended as you turn towards the right twisting pivoting your torso. 4. to practice pivoting the torso at the same time shifting the weight of the body from your left foot to your right foot and back to neutral position after follow through of the stroke. 5. to enable the trainee to wait for the the ball before hitting or brushing it as the stroke's timing is challenging for beginners. This exercise will make teh trainee wait for the ball to come down because he can position himself before the ball goes towards the side of the body. 6. to enable trainee to practice brushing the ball thinly instead of hitting through the sponge. This is a key skill that needs to be developed by beginners since it enables a player to feel the ball by brushing it. Power is not emphasize on this exercise as power can be easily developed during multiball practice and matchplays. This is the reason why the ball is being hit or brushed upon at late or delayed timing instead of looping the ball on the rise or at the peak of the bounce. 7. to practice this at first 1-2 weeks before actually going to multiball stage. This is done in tandem with fh loop/topspin shadow drills before this exercise is done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
try this forehand loop exercise. Check hout how I brush the ball. It starts from there.

I think you forgot to link the video. I was talking about this one. I think in of the threads you said it was made by you, correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021

Depends on the amount and type of incoming spin. If it is underspin a bit more open angle while topspin, no spin, sidespin i use a more closed angle.

Oh, I meant do you change racket angle in a single stroke?
I do that from time to time unintentionally. I take that as a underprepared stroke. Is it the correct understanding?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
FH Loop - pre-multiball stage Teaching FH Loop or topspin is a challenge for beginners but a coach can find ways to lessen the difficulty as well as practice the key points of the stroke before a player can actually do multiballs. The objectives of this exercise are: 1. to make the trainee practice bending the knees at the beginning of the stroke as this is a challenge at this stage of development. 2. to emphasize the importance of bending the knees as this gives extra power when looping underspin. Also, the racket should be at least at the side of the right knee (if you are right-handed) at the beginning of the stroke when you are dipping your racket towards the floor. 3. to have the elbow should be relaxed and slightly extended as you turn towards the right twisting pivoting your torso. 4. to practice pivoting the torso at the same time shifting the weight of the body from your left foot to your right foot and back to neutral position after follow through of the stroke. 5. to enable the trainee to wait for the the ball before hitting or brushing it as the stroke's timing is challenging for beginners. This exercise will make teh trainee wait for the ball to come down because he can position himself before the ball goes towards the side of the body. 6. to enable trainee to practice brushing the ball thinly instead of hitting through the sponge. This is a key skill that needs to be developed by beginners since it enables a player to feel the ball by brushing it. Power is not emphasize on this exercise as power can be easily developed during multiball practice and matchplays. This is the reason why the ball is being hit or brushed upon at late or delayed timing instead of looping the ball on the rise or at the peak of the bounce. 7. to practice this at first 1-2 weeks before actually going to multiball stage. This is done in tandem with fh loop/topspin shadow drills before this exercise is done.

Wow, thanks! That's awesome!

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Another good exercise, one you can do at home as well, is to use an empty plastic bottle, medium sized, remove lid, stand bottle on the edge of a table and place a ball on the top of the bottle.
then you just set yourself up for a FH top spin stroke and try and hit the ball without the bottle moving or falling over!!
This simple exercise helps you to feel how a light brushing stroke feels!!
You can start with a short swing and then build up to a fuller stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
That is actually the exact set up I had when I first played with Acoustic. It's a great set up and you can't go wrong with it. I eventually changed FH rubber to a boosted H3, which also pairs extremely well with Acoustic.

I'm currently played with Long 5 with boosted Hurricane, but I miss Acoustic + boosted H3 and will eventually go back.

I am intrigued to know more about your changes and choices of blade and rubber - I have a Long 5X on order (not got it yet) but also found a used Acoustic to try. Right now I play H3 boosted on an H301x blade and am looking to see how these three compare and which rubbers work best. How did you find the Acoustic and the Long 5 compared when using H3 as the rubber?

Reactions: Equaaz