Playing a buff COUNTERLOOPER

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Fun that you look at you games!

Feel like that the pocket would be good against such a big guy but probably hard since he run forehand on everything. I agree that you need to play more to the corners, hard to run forehand all the time then. Even if you are fit like the guy in the video. I like this. We need more respect for the sport and be more athletic.

Also feel like you play a bit with the same rhythm and a bit passive. Easier for him to play good if the same kind of ball comes. More focus on playing harder sometimes. You seem to have nice strokes but are very passive and never put him under pressure. At least play harder sometimes. No idea to do a good ball, get an easier one and let him in for a cup of coffee and a chat.

Also feel like you have noticed that you do a pretty bad opening towards his forward. If you just move it around as you say but also try to get it lower and with a little more quality it would be harder for him loop so hard. Almost better to push it back good than do a bad opening loop and lose the ball. Probably could try to vary here too. Almost better to play hard sometimes and miss so he he has something to be a bit afraid of. Now I feel he waits more for the soft loop.

Long text! Maybe your playing style but think you will get better results if you are a bit more aggressive. It is no exercise haha

Keep up the hard work!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
SLOW. HEAVY Spin to win vs this dude. Serve under to his FH short or 1/2 long, loop to BH corner another pattern. Unless ball there, Slow, heavy overwhelming topsin is the way, even to this guy's power zone. You coulda shoulda attacked a little less BH on his serve and pushed a few more to both corners, you adjust towards that somewhat. Power pumpers just hate heavy slow topspin, really messes their timing.

You were there in that match and we were not, you found a way to win and that counts for a lot.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Yeah I totally agree. I’m afraid watched it on mute so I didn’t listen to your own commentary but a lot was one speed. Your opponents main strength was countering with his fh and he found most success from one side of table which I think you fed to him. I agree with other comments you could have been more aggressive specially at times when he blocked softly you could have pounced on it and put it away. Also he countered soft open ups from you whereas his own open ups were quite weak and he was making mistakes so yes u could push more on serve returns and let him try open up. There were a few of his weak open ups you blocked which you could have countered how he did yours.
Also your Bh blocks were great and you caught him out on quite few Ocassion on his wide fh.
I think attacking his wide corners both sides would work great just avoid the middle of his fh as that was his main strength.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Not sure how he can hit so hard with that mask on :cool::cool::cool:
I'm not as good as you to speak but yeah, it's a boring day so I may dare go over the top. Placement is a way to win but it's harder than what Der_Echte says. Get very soft with the touch when you loop so the spin/smash ratio is really really high and the arc is tricky. They guy seems to struggle with that. Same for the backhand block. Kill the power add the spin. Dudes that hit hard like this tend to need some power to borrow

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Your overall playing style, the serve, loop, posture and everything else reminds me of Zhang Yining. Especially compared to this buff guy looks quite feminine. It's not a bad thing, after all Zhang Yining was like one of the best female players out there and even won some tournaments by beating some male players in the final.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Your overall playing style, the serve, loop, posture and everything else reminds me of Zhang Yining. Especially compared to this buff guy looks quite feminine. It's not a bad thing, after all Zhang Yining was like one of the best female players out there and even won some tournaments by beating some male players in the final.

I have a similar body shape that a couple of lazy gym years didn't change very much, so I can kinda understand :cool: That's why I slowly enjoy watching Lin Yun Ju, Lin Gaoyuan more, although they're not my favourite players. (You guess, I love Liang Jingkun :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:)

But yeah, if you don't have the body weight, you really have to be very fluid with the swings.

Reactions: latej