Welcome to TableTennisDaily 2.0 - Bug Report

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I notice the size limit for profile picture has been increased to 64kB. Is it possible to have that for avatar as well, which is currently limited to 19.5kB? I was thinking of creating a bigger animated gif. 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Administrator
Dec 2012
I notice the size limit for profile picture has been increased to 64kB. Is it possible to have that for avatar as well, which is currently limited to 19.5kB? I was thinking of creating a bigger animated gif. 🤔

You should be able to upload it to your liking now. 😉
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
was a little bit busy for a couple of weeks and did not visit the forum. So when entered the address I thought I came to the wrong site.Looks nice 😀Testing pictures:

905310ed2e0e3c03ca80ad827dd0dedd.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
sorry to be negative, but i find the new style is very irritating to use. The previous version presented the information so that you could see what's happening at a glance. Now nothing seems to fit on the screen, so that much laborious scrolling is required.
I very much hope that you can soon provide the link to the old site which was so much more logically designed.

This new version has better quality graphics, but shows little evidence of a logical plan

Jan 2018
Is there any plan to put back the box at the bottom of each page that shows what permissions are allowed for posting(img, video, html etc.)? That's useful.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Every so often, when I edit a post and then submit, the edited post will come out as ONE paragraph removing all paragraph breaks that were originally in the post.

Hey Carl, what browser did this bug take place in?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
sorry to be negative, but i find the new style is very irritating to use. The previous version presented the information so that you could see what's happening at a glance. Now nothing seems to fit on the screen, so that much laborious scrolling is required.
I very much hope that you can soon provide the link to the old site which was so much more logically designed.

This new version has better quality graphics, but shows little evidence of a logical plan

Hi PingPongPaddy,

I think we probably need to bear in mind that Dan and the guys who run the site are table-tennis fans first and website-experts second. I suspect many of us (ie. users of the site) agree with you that version 2 of the site is a 'work-in-progress' and not the finished product - but I think the TTD team know that and are working towards an improved experience for all of us who enjoy being part of this online community.

If you scroll through this thread you'll see that the guys are doing their best to respond to specific issues/bugs as folks bring them to their attention, so I'm sure that if you have any specific suggestions then Dan and the others would be glad to hear them. For example, your point about how much you can see on the screen in one glance is a good one.

Let's see how TTD v.2 looks/works in six months - I'm sure it'll be much closer to a 'finished product' then!

Hope that helps 🙂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

Hi PingPongPaddy,

I think we probably need to bear in mind that Dan and the guys who run the site are table-tennis fans first and website-experts second. I suspect many of us (ie. users of the site) agree with you that version 2 of the site is a 'work-in-progress' and not the finished product - but I think the TTD team know that and are working towards an improved experience for all of us who enjoy being part of this online community.

If you scroll through this thread you'll see that the guys are doing their best to respond to specific issues/bugs as folks bring them to their attention, so I'm sure that if you have any specific suggestions then Dan and the others would be glad to hear them. For example, your point about how much you can see on the screen in one glance is a good one.

Let's see how TTD v.2 looks/works in six months - I'm sure it'll be much closer to a 'finished product' then!

Hope that helps 🙂

hi manto
thanks for your input.
My intention was to provide honest feedback to the bug report because no bug report is any use if it just contains false praise.
I also made the suggestion that they provide an alternative link to the old site as they had indicated they might do. If they did that it would take the time pressure off them in respect of finishing the upgrade.But that is up to them!
(i had a career in IT so i do appreciate the difficulties that Dan and the team are having)

Reactions: Manto76