Welcome to TableTennisDaily 2.0 - Bug Report

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
SLUGISH TYPING SPEED.

When typing in a new topic the cursor speed is frozen too much. So vexing disfunction, it needs to be fixed the sooner the better.

Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
TableTennisDaily;338800

Will get a fix for this good spot 💪

Along similar lines: Is it possible to remove a product that I have added to the database? I added a blade (Vodak Rebel Carbon OFF) and I can see it's there, but every time I click on it it brings up an error message saying "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I have other products I'd like to add to the database (and then add reviews for), but don't want to do so until I can fix this one and make sure I know how to work the system.

I'm thinking maybe I should remove it altogether and try add it again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: I have contacted the administrator about 5 or 6 times but had no reponse, so I'm not sure if the contact form is working either.)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
igorponger;338834SLUGISH TYPING SPEED.

When typing in a new topic the cursor speed is frozen too much. So vexing disfunction, it needs to be fixed the sooner the better.

Thanks.

Hey Igor

Will get this fixed ASAP. What browser and device are you using when this happens?

Thanks

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Along similar lines: Is it possible to remove a product that I have added to the database? I added a blade (Vodak Rebel Carbon OFF) and I can see it's there, but every time I click on it it brings up an error message saying "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I have other products I'd like to add to the database (and then add reviews for), but don't want to do so until I can fix this one and make sure I know how to work the system.

I'm thinking maybe I should remove it altogether and try add it again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: I have contacted the administrator about 5 or 6 times but had no reponse, so I'm not sure if the contact form is working either.)

Hey Monto we are getting a fix on this right away. Will let you know when it's been updated 💪

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey Carl, can you test your opera browser, image and post upload should be fixed :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Zrzut%20ekranu%202021-02-8%20o%2013-20-28.png

Red margin is way too big, blue margin is way too small.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kuba Hajto;338899What is that box in right column on the main page?
Zrzut%20ekranu%202021-02-8%20o%2017-37-17.png

Those are status updates. The reason EssaysnAssignments is there twice with it saying "Spam" is, that account posted spam in its status update. And when I looked at its profile, it had posted spam on its profile as well. So, I banned it and removed all the spam I could. If I had only updated its status once, the spam it posted would still show live in that screen shot you made because it was directly under ChuckJordan. So, I updated it twice to make the actual link disappear.

If you look there now, above my name it will say: "I like to hit heavy topspin".

Interestingly, the status stays on your profile page but not on your sidebar details in your posts.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
UpSideDownCarl;338907

Those are status updates. The reason EssaysnAssignments is there twice with it saying "Spam" is, that account posted spam in its status update. And when I looked at its profile, it had posted spam on its profile as well. So, I banned it and removed all the spam I could. If I had only updated its status once, the spam it posted would still show live in that screen shot you made because it was directly under ChuckJordan. So, I updated it twice to make the actual link disappear.

If you look there now, above my name it will say: "I like to hit heavy topspin".

Wouldn't it be smart to not post status updates marked as spam?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kuba Hajto;338909

Wouldn't it be smart to not post status updates marked as spam?

Should I leave the links that were spam and not let people know that the account is posting spam?

What would you suggest?

Would you rather not be notified that the account is a spam account and I leave the spam links?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
UpSideDownCarl;338910

Should I leave the links that were spam and not let people know that the account is posting spam?

What would you suggest?

Would you rather not be notified that the account is a spam account and I leave the spam links?

I was thinking about software level solution. If something is marked as spam. Burn it out of existence with holy moderator cross. I was thinking about, if something is clearly spam, delete it from existence on this forum. It does not have to be deleted. It can be marked as spam on software level and just not displayed

This remark was not for you dear Carl, rather for designer of this system which seems to be reading this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Kuba Hajto;338912

I was thinking about software level solution. If something is marked as spam. Burn it out of existence with holy moderator cross. I was thinking about, if something is clearly spam, delete it from existence on this forum. It does not have to be deleted. It can be marked as spam on software level and just not displayed

This remark was not for you dear Carl, rather for designer of this system which seems to be reading this thread.

I love that idea. When a spammer posts spam links in a thread, I can totally remove him. We don't have the tool to remove a spammer who only posts spam links on his home page. We should. That would be good to develop. Dan and I have been working with the IT guy on that. But, there are more important issues first for the new site before we get to more sophisticated tools for removing spam.

For now, the anti-spam tools are sufficient. But when the time comes, what you are asking for is what we are working towards.

As of now, our Anti-Spam software catches a few thousand spam accounts before they get through our defenses. I can't speak for any of the other moderators. But, I often delete 50-500 spam accounts in a day when I have the time to look. :)

I bet I could catch more if I had a team of assistant mods who I taught how I find that spam. Because I have figured out ways of finding those accounts that try to stay hidden. But.....One thing at a time.

Last edited: