Back to Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 51 150
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 150 51
    Hi again. It's not quite clear for me where to add a review for a rubber that's not already present in your rubber database. Can you please point me in the right direction?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 154 531
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 531 154

User Info Menu

Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    Read 0 Reviews
    SLUGISH TYPING SPEED.

When typing in a new topic the cursor speed is frozen too much. So vexing disfunction, it needs to be fixed the sooner the better.

Thanks.
    Last edited by igorponger; 02-07-2021 at 04:33 PM.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 760 1,608
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,608 760
    The Japanese flag just looks like a red dot, the white blends in with the profile box way too much.

Also, the location feature was a nice option. You can be from one country but live in another.
    Last edited by thomas.pong; 02-07-2021 at 04:40 PM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 154 531
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 531 154

User Info Menu

Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    Read 0 Reviews
    Useful Chrome Apps to keep your eyes healthy.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...npknloccojpppi

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 84 137
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 137 84
    TableTennisDaily;338800

Will get a fix for this good spot 💪

Along similar lines: Is it possible to remove a product that I have added to the database? I added a blade (Vodak Rebel Carbon OFF) and I can see it's there, but every time I click on it it brings up an error message saying "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I have other products I'd like to add to the database (and then add reviews for), but don't want to do so until I can fix this one and make sure I know how to work the system.

I'm thinking maybe I should remove it altogether and try add it again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: I have contacted the administrator about 5 or 6 times but had no reponse, so I'm not sure if the contact form is working either.)

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,179 6,778

Administrator 6,778 4,179
    igorponger;338834SLUGISH TYPING SPEED.

When typing in a new topic the cursor speed is frozen too much. So vexing disfunction, it needs to be fixed the sooner the better.

Thanks.

Hey Igor

Will get this fixed ASAP. What browser and device are you using when this happens?

Thanks

The Following User Likes Dan's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Administrator 4,179 6,778

Administrator 6,778 4,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76

Along similar lines: Is it possible to remove a product that I have added to the database? I added a blade (Vodak Rebel Carbon OFF) and I can see it's there, but every time I click on it it brings up an error message saying "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I have other products I'd like to add to the database (and then add reviews for), but don't want to do so until I can fix this one and make sure I know how to work the system.

I'm thinking maybe I should remove it altogether and try add it again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: I have contacted the administrator about 5 or 6 times but had no reponse, so I'm not sure if the contact form is working either.)

Hey Monto we are getting a fix on this right away. Will let you know when it's been updated 💪

The Following 2 Users Like Dan's Post:

Manto76 and UpSideDownCarl

says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 6,429 4,041
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 4,041 6,429

User Info Menu

Oct 2010
    England
    Read 0 Reviews
    Hey Carl, can you test your opera browser, image and post upload should be fixed
    Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 548 1,252
    K
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Elite TTD Member 1,252 548
    For some reason the spellchecker you added has an issue with word exercises https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/exercices....

K

Also setting `width: auto` or `max-width: 178px` on `a.bladelinkx.mdl-list__item ` should postpone fixing long rubber/blade name display issue (looks bad, but better than long strings disappearing into nothingness).

K

Red margin is way too big, blue margin is way too small.

K

Why I have two default avatars XD The grey logo is post i just posted. Maybe is it read unread indicator? If so post that I just posted should be marked as read by default.
    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 02-08-2021 at 11:27 AM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 360 745
    B
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 745 360

User Info Menu

I like the lighter-brighter look. I don't like the quoting system.
    I prefer to use the quote and /quote in brackets

Adding videos is easier but often I just like to add the link so the picture/video doesn't take up so much room.

K

In edit mode video was looking fine, but when posted it broke lolz.

K

What is that box in right column on the main page?

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,761 14,154

Super Moderator 14,154 15,761
    Kuba Hajto;338899What is that box in right column on the main page?

Those are status updates. The reason EssaysnAssignments is there twice with it saying "Spam" is, that account posted spam in its status update. And when I looked at its profile, it had posted spam on its profile as well. So, I banned it and removed all the spam I could. If I had only updated its status once, the spam it posted would still show live in that screen shot you made because it was directly under ChuckJordan. So, I updated it twice to make the actual link disappear.

If you look there now, above my name it will say: "I like to hit heavy topspin".

Interestingly, the status stays on your profile page but not on your sidebar details in your posts.

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 02-08-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

K

UpSideDownCarl;338907

Those are status updates. The reason EssaysnAssignments is there twice with it saying "Spam" is, that account posted spam in its status update. And when I looked at its profile, it had posted spam on its profile as well. So, I banned it and removed all the spam I could. If I had only updated its status once, the spam it posted would still show live in that screen shot you made because it was directly under ChuckJordan. So, I updated it twice to make the actual link disappear.

If you look there now, above my name it will say: "I like to hit heavy topspin".

Wouldn't it be smart to not post status updates marked as spam?

Kuba Hajto;338909

Wouldn't it be smart to not post status updates marked as spam?

Should I leave the links that were spam and not let people know that the account is posting spam?

What would you suggest?

Would you rather not be notified that the account is a spam account and I leave the spam links?

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Spin is Everything

K

UpSideDownCarl;338910

Should I leave the links that were spam and not let people know that the account is posting spam?

What would you suggest?

Would you rather not be notified that the account is a spam account and I leave the spam links?

I was thinking about software level solution. If something is marked as spam. Burn it out of existence with holy moderator cross. I was thinking about, if something is clearly spam, delete it from existence on this forum. It does not have to be deleted. It can be marked as spam on software level and just not displayed

This remark was not for you dear Carl, rather for designer of this system which seems to be reading this thread.

The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 02-08-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Kuba Hajto;338912

I was thinking about software level solution. If something is marked as spam. Burn it out of existence with holy moderator cross. I was thinking about, if something is clearly spam, delete it from existence on this forum. It does not have to be deleted. It can be marked as spam on software level and just not displayed

This remark was not for you dear Carl, rather for designer of this system which seems to be reading this thread.

I love that idea. When a spammer posts spam links in a thread, I can totally remove him. We don't have the tool to remove a spammer who only posts spam links on his home page. We should. That would be good to develop. Dan and I have been working with the IT guy on that. But, there are more important issues first for the new site before we get to more sophisticated tools for removing spam.

For now, the anti-spam tools are sufficient. But when the time comes, what you are asking for is what we are working towards.

As of now, our Anti-Spam software catches a few thousand spam accounts before they get through our defenses. I can't speak for any of the other moderators. But, I often delete 50-500 spam accounts in a day when I have the time to look.

I bet I could catch more if I had a team of assistant mods who I taught how I find that spam. Because I have figured out ways of finding those accounts that try to stay hidden. But.....One thing at a time.
    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 02-08-2021 at 04:57 PM.
    Spin is Everything