Welcome to TableTennisDaily 2.0 - Bug Report

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
yoass;338676Hi Dan,

No - it’s just too fast. Here’s a recipe.

Enable thread view in config.
Navigate to (say) Eq / Top Blades
Open (click) any blade listed
Open (click) any review

Expected: view of that review opens
What happens; view of selected review appears - and disappears immediately.

Yes, I can reproduce it too. If you go to a blade, and then in the threaded tree view click on some row with review of someone, the review appears, and then it seems the the page redirects again to the same URL with /#poststop appended, and the review is no more visible. E.g.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/equipment/blades/7166-rosewood-nct-v/#poststop

- I don't find the usual "like" button.
- The UK flag is off.
Tango, The like button is on the white text field in the lower right corner.
(I guess You can't like Yourself....)

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Guys, all your feedback is great thank you! Please keep it coming. Websites act a lot differently when a ton of users are online, so all your feedback is fantastic thanks 💪🏓

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Just get https://usersnap.com/ set up. Bite the bullet it is not that expensive. Set it up for month or so, its like 9$/month for most basic license (which is all you need) and it has 15 day trial. It has little no setup up needed. I've used it in few very big projects with lots and lots of users and it is great way to get accurate, visual and organized feedback. If you need help, contact me on priv.

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi,
posted a reply which doesn't appear anywhere on the thread!!! Or at least I thought I did!!
On my computer,
Forum page didn't fully load.
chose a thread, which opened on page 3 and froze!!
Cheers
Hi IB666

What browser are you using on your computer? You managed to post this current post okay it seems.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks TTD team for all the hard work to make the site/forum even better and more engaging! I like the new features.

However like many others, I miss the dark theme (I know an option will be available soon): it looked better, was easier to read and it set you apart from the other TT forums.

A few things:

+1 on an option to pick the color of your FH and BH rubber (also keeping in mind that the 4 new colors will be available at the end of the year).
- Long listed equipment should line up with the profile box of the poster like before
- Status lines are too spaced out when long
- Profile pictures quality is bad, also it could be better if all shapes and transparency were available to upload (if you keep them round, an option to adjust the picture you choose to the circle would be nice)
- There's no more quoting when answering an Private Message which makes it hard remembering what the person wrote if long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Thanks TTD team for all the hard work to make the site/forum even better and more engaging! I like the new features.

However like many others, I miss the dark theme (I know an option will be available soon): it looked better, was easier to read and it set you apart from the other TT forums.

A few things:

+1 on an option to pick the color of your FH and BH rubber (also keeping in mind that the 4 new colors will be available at the end of the year).
- Long listed equipment should line up with the profile box of the poster like before
- Status lines are too spaced out when long
- Profile pictures quality is bad, also it could be better if all shapes and transparency were available to upload (if you keep them round, an option to adjust the picture you choose to the circle would be nice)
- There's no more quoting when answering an Private Message which makes it hard remembering what the person wrote if long

I think that private messages should transition to more traditional private chat format. Like Whatsapp or messenger.

Reactions: Dan and thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Would it be possible to use input type "image" instead of "file"? It should render exactly the same but mobile phones should prioritize image browsers instead of file browsers. For example it would give user choice to use picasa/google photo/photo gallaery app instead of file browser app to choose photos.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
TableTennisDaily;338690Hi IB666

What browser are you using on your computer? You managed to post this current post okay it seems.

Internet explorer/google
2nd post was via my mobile, which seemed fine, until I replied to the above earlier (3rd post) which failed!
using my tablet now, tried once and error message came up, so tried again and it looks like it's gonna work this time??
when I hit the 'reply to' icon a different screen came up.
this time I think the correct screen has appeared!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Administrator
Dec 2012
Kuba Hajto;338712Would it be possible to use input type "image" instead of "file"? It should render exactly the same but mobile phones should prioritize image browsers instead of file browsers. For example it would give user choice to use picasa/google photo/photo gallaery app instead of file browser app to choose photos.
Yes, definitely. I'm looking into this.
A couple of things:
Scrolling on the mobile site is slow on some windows, such as notifications window.

The site is not nearly so compact as before. Formerly, I could see a large number of post subject headers without scrolling much. Now there is a lot of whitespace and lots of scrolling.

--Tim
We will keep tweaking this to find a balance. I do understand what you mean.

Internet explorer/google
2nd post was via my mobile, which seemed fine, until I replied to the above earlier (3rd post) which failed!
using my tablet now, tried once and error message came up, so tried again and it looks like it's gonna work this time??
when I hit the 'reply to' icon a different screen came up.
this time I think the correct screen has appeared!!!

Can you please let me know what the error message was?

Thanks for your input guys! 🤗

Reactions: Dan and thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Administrator
Dec 2012
Kuba Hajto;338675- Love the gif avatars
- @dan please read the pm I've sent you regarding new site
- if possible make a mention functionality
Mentions is already been coded, among other things.
We have lot of things planned and already in the works but want to make sure all the issues are fixes first haha.
This is a big change and we will slowly roll out more features and tweaks to the site as we go.
Thanks!

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Honestly i think it was a wasted time, sorry. there was nothing wrong with the old way
Trying to edit a post ........................well, it will simply not react when you press save.
Posting a picture is fine, once we found the "new way" but then trying to add a comment to the picture proved to be impossible.
To find the list of new posts.........................................a teensy button hidden bottom left..............................."comon" !!!!!!!!😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
lodro;338722Honestly i think it was a wasted time, sorry. there was nothing wrong with the old way
Trying to edit a post ........................well, it will simply not react when you press save.
Posting a picture is fine, once we found the "new way" but then trying to add a comment to the picture proved to be impossible.
To find the list of new posts.........................................a teensy button hidden bottom left..............................."comon" !!!!!!!!😁

Road to improvement is bumpy, especially in terms of UX. Unless you hire professional team to do the job right. I don't want to offend anyone, but this is launch ressembles Cyberpunk 2077. I think it goes into right direction. But it needs hell lots of day one patches... Also, in my eyes as an IT engineer, some things may have been better thought out.

Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I see it has been noted that, in PMs, you can't quote the person you are responding to. It would be nice to be able to.I also notice, in PMs, on Safari there is a button for adding photos, but it has to be a link from a URL, so you can't just upload a photo you have on your computer.On FireFox and Chrome, the button for photos is not even there in PMs.In PMs, it would be nice to be able to post photos that you have. That comes in useful quite frequently.

Reactions: Dan