Thoughts on my future racket, any tips or recommendations?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
I'm an intermediate player who is thinking about buy a new racket, previously i was using a pre-assembled racket (DHS 6002) i don't know about the blade but the rubbers is a DHS hurricane 8, i use as my BH, and a DHS tinarc, i use as my FH.
about my new racket i was thinking about this
Blade: Xiom extreme s
BH:Yasaka rakza z
FH:Tibhar evolution mx-p 50°
i want something with a heavy spin in my backhand and in my forehand i want something i can speed the ball without any effort
ps: i have a 100€ budget
ps2: my coach said to me to buy an all wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Ingo_Ger;338810First, black was supposed to be FH so H8 and red with TinArc for BH.
Second, stick to the blade and also the rubbers. Just buy them new, train again a year and after that com eback again with your question.

i know H8 supposed to be FH, but for some reason i didnt like tinarc in BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
umm...The Extreme S is an all-wood 7-ply blade, similar to likes of Classic Clipper, BT700 etc. with above-average stiffness.. I would pair it with the regular MXP and/or MXS (Capable of generating huge spin) ...

Some other blade worth considering would be
  • Tibhar Status Powerood (5-Ply, but as fast as the Extreme S)
  • Butterfly Petr Korbel (5-Ply, once again .. maybe a notch slower than Extreme S, but a very capable all-wood blade)
  • Avalox BT700
  • Stiga Clipper CR (Perhaps a hair faster than the Extreme S)
  • Sanwei Fextra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
umm...The Extreme S is an all-wood 7-ply blade, similar to likes of Classic Clipper, BT700 etc. with above-average stiffness.. I would pair it with the regular MXP and/or MXS (Capable of generating huge spin) ...

Some other blade worth considering would be
  • Tibhar Status Powerood (5-Ply, but as fast as the Extreme S)
  • Butterfly Petr Korbel (5-Ply, once again .. maybe a notch slower than Extreme S, but a very capable all-wood blade)
  • Avalox BT700
  • Stiga Clipper CR (Perhaps a hair faster than the Extreme S)
  • Sanwei Fextra
Thanks for the blade recommendations!! i'll look this blades up, why not the mx-p 50° though?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Lucast;338808I'm an intermediate player who is thinking about buy a new racket.....and in my forehand i want something i can speed the ball without any effort....

You probably don't want to hear this, but a setup like that will seriously impede your improvement. It will ensure bad technique. You need to learn to actually use effort to hit proper strokes and develop footwork that allows you to do it. Also, a setup as fast as you seem to want will really cripple your short game. The short game is not as sexy but remember you have to return serve in half the points. Spin also requires technique.

A seven ply blade with MXP would be madness.

The suggestion of something like a Korbel is good though.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Especially if you are coming off having a premade racket with slower Chinese rubbers, the change from what you had to what you are thinking of getting would be pretty gigantic.

The first thing I would say is, would it be possible for you to post footage so people can see how you actually play. There is no chance that we can give usefule equipment advice without knowing how you play, what your strokes and footwork look like.

Without footage, my best assessment would be that you might be better off with:

Blade: Xiom Offensive S

Rubbers: Xiom Vega Europe (both sides)

Players who don't really know specifically how their BH or FH specialize should usually use the same rubber on both sides.

Someone who has never played with springy sponge and has played with Chinese rubbers prior would be better off starting with a Tensor that is versatile but will help you adjust to a totally new kind of rubber. Any high level player would be able to make the setup I just listed do amazing things. If someone handed me that racket, I would it would be completely functional and I would be able to do everything I do; there would be no drop in level if I had to play a tournament with that racket without ever having touched it before.

But the new equipment you are thinking of is so drastically different than what you currently have, that you should pay heed to what Baal said. I think he has a very strong point with what he is saying. BTW: a Korbel, the blade Baal mentioned, would also be an excellent choice of blades. The Offensive S is just less expensive since you said you had a budget. But if you can afford a Korbel with Xiom Vega Europe, go for it. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

You probably don't want to hear this, but a setup like that will seriously impede your improvement. It will ensure bad technique. You need to learn to actually use effort to hit proper strokes and develop footwork that allows you to do it. Also, a setup as fast as you seem to want will really cripple your short game. The short game is not as sexy but remember you have to return serve in half the points. Spin also requires technique.

A seven ply blade with MXP would be madness.

The suggestion of something like a Korbel is good though.

Thanks for the recommendations! I was also thinking about buy this blade and keep the rubber to adapt and then buy the new rubbers, what do you think?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lucast;338822

Thanks for the recommendations! I was also thinking about buy this blade and keep the rubber to adapt and then buy the new rubbers, what do you think?

That would be an intelligent way to change equipment.

Still, footage would help people know better what equipment advice would be useful for you.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Another blade choice could be the Donic Persson Exclusive off 5 ply, around €22,

As the others have said there's a big difference between the tacky Chinese rubbers and the tensor rubbers.
I have used a couple of tensor type rubbers with 50 degree sponge hardness and these can be quite unforgiving.
For myself there seems to be a cut off point of about 47-48 degree max sponge hardness with tensor grippy top sheets, anything harder and they are trickier to handle for a player of my ability!! So like the others I would give the MXP-50 a miss.
You mentioned Rakza Z, this has a tacky top sheet and harder tensor sponge, now, this is a hybrid rubber and could 'bridge the 'gap' in feeling' between tensor and Chinese rubbers. I have been using this rubber in 2.0mm sponge thickness recently on both FH and BH, it is a very good rubber, I found it pretty easy to play with. So in my humble opinion is still worth considering!!
I have found that if I use a sponge harder than 50 degrees, it has to be combined with a Tacky Chinese type top sheet, it's just easier to handle.
Xiom Vega Europe is a great rubber as well, Xiom Vega Asia DF could be another choice, may be a little bouncier than the Europe version.
I would also advise not to use 'max' sponge thickness with the tensor's to start with. You get more control.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Lucast;338816Thanks for the blade recommendations!! i'll look this blades up, why not the mx-p 50° though?
The blades (Including the XIOm Extreme S are on the stiffer-side, and quite fast .. You mentioned that your level is intermediate. These blade plus the regular MXP itself would be a a tad too much to handle .. The 50° version, even more so ..

You haven't mentioned much about your playing-style

I agree with UpSideDownCarl - A rubber from the Xiom Vega series could be a better suited ..

I would give caution on the Extreme S. It is a fast 7 ply blade especially when paired with MXP. Still if you have a coach, it is doable but, i would get Xiom Solo or Xiom offensive S instead.

Reactions: thomas.pong
My recommendation:BLADE: Stiga Offensive Classic (I feel like it is a great blade. Great feel. Good vibrations to hand, good feedback. Provides alright speed when you hit hard. Spruce provides a little hardness. )RUBBER: You can use what Carl suggested, or you can keep the rubbers you have and put h8 on the forehand and put a different rubber that is not tinarc in bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

Thanks man, i will get the vega series as you guy recommend me but about the blade me coach also said to get an 7 ply wood blade so which one would you take

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Lucast;338883

Thanks man, i will get the vega series as you guy recommend me but about the blade me coach also said to get an 7 ply wood blade so which one would you take

Most of 7plies of type limba 5x ayous limba are very very very very very very very similar. https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/16/samsonov-force-pro-black-edition-vs-some-7-ply-wood-blades-comparison if they are in similar thickness. I would recommend a thinner one. Something close to 6mm to 6.4mm.

If you want cheap one get Donic Dyjas UltraPower. Excellent value <-> quality ratio. TSP Swat is also great (although it behaves a little bit different to a Clipper, Swat is more flexible), it is Japanese best selling blade for a reason (https://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lucast;338883

Since we have not seen you play, if you have a coach, why are you asking here about what to get when nobody hear has seen you play? If I was you I would ask your coach what blade and rubbers he thinks would be good for you.

You could also ask why he says you should get a 7 ply blade. Different people have different perspectives. But the only one in the discussion who has seen you play is your coach.

BTW: there are top pros who use Korbel. So, a 5 ply blade is fast enough for any amateur including very high level amateurs. And the Offensive S is in a pretty similar speed class as the Korbel.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
i want something with a heavy spin in my backhand and in my forehand i want something i can speed the ball without any effort

This mindset will doom your development. If you are not putting in an effort you will not develop as fast. Putting an effort into the shot without losing control is very important. Neither blades nor rubbers produce speed by themselves, if you buy something super duper fast and will not be able to put pace into yourself it will only hurt your development, because you will be more afraid of ball going too long and in the net.