Handmade by Levi 2021

This user has no status.
U

This user has no status.
For those interested in the handmade blades from Romanian wood artist Levi, here´s a small series of 2021 models. Of course, Levi takes orders for custom-made blades as well.

Cedrus is an Allround plus construction with a thickness of 5,75 mm and an average weight of 83 grams. The outer layer is Cedar, followed by Makoré, with an Ayous core. Head size is 15,1 x 15,7.
I think it gives excellent control on passive shots and adds a little kick for active shots, not as dull and one-dimensional as some other all/all+ blades.

Tufa brings Basalt to the menu, between Limba outer and Ayous core. At 15 x 15,6 cm head size, 5,8 thickness and an average weight of 87 grams it is an Off blade, noticeably faster than Cedrus, but still with very good feeling on impact.

Sintech uses a synthetic fiber as second layer, between Limba outer and this time a Kiri core. It measures 14,9 x 15,6 cm, with an average weight of 86 grams and 5,9 mm thickness. From the impression of another player, the feeling is quite similar to that of the Butterfly Revoldia, which I have never tried. My verdict is: Off minus category fits, nicely balanced blade with enough speed reserves for all but super-aggressive styles.

Last but not least, Combi C, where the name gives it away that its sides are different. One side has spruce followed by carbon, on the other side of the Yaous core you will find linden/basswood followed by Makoré. This blade has an enlarged head (15,6 x 16,5) and weighs 88 grams at 5,5 mm thickness. It is intended for both classic/modern defense away from the table or close to the table "destruction type play" with pips or Antispin.

There is no distribution channel set up for these, so they will not appear at a shop near you any time soon, but you can send me a message and I´ll try to work something out.

Reactions: miklos
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If i am not mistaken Levi also desigmes the Red+Black blades from Romania. Red+Black is legit.​​
You´re right. And it would surely be easier to distribute individual designs via the established Red+Black brand and channels, but that is not the idea.

For the custom-made blades Levi is looking to sell his services separately, and these small series of blades are kind of a showcase.

If someone is interested in distributing Levi "handmade" in their country, I shall make the contact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have collected a few impressions from players who have tried one, two or all three of these blades.

Between the three, the Tufa is the clear favourite of the offensive players, with "crisp feedback", being a "topspin machine". If you don´t use the heaviest rubbers, it will give you a neutral balance. What surprises people about this is the price, which is around a third of what a German manufacturer charges for Basalt blades.

The Cedrus has a harder job to master, as there are so many good all wood Allround blades around and its composition doesn´t automatically guarantee a different feeling or advantage (like Basalt over Carbon). The reviews say "solid", quality and great look emphasized, but probably not unique enough in playing characteristics to justify a price above Primorac or Stiga Allround.

The Sintech gets praise for control and flexibility, also shot precision, the only minor downside being a less unique feedback than the one you get from Tufa. Players who tried only the Sintech had nothing to complain about in that respect. I think the feeling is more all wood than fibre, but would prefer a Boll ZLF if money was of no importance. For other "soft carbon" blades I´ve tried over the years I think the Sintech plays in their league - and it looks better ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
For those interested in the handmade blades from Romanian wood artist Levi, here´s a small series of 2021 models. Of course, Levi takes orders for custom-made blades as well.

Cedrus is an Allround plus construction with a thickness of 5,75 mm and an average weight of 83 grams. The outer layer is Cedar, followed by Makoré, with an Ayous core. Head size is 15,1 x 15,7.
I think it gives excellent control on passive shots and adds a little kick for active shots, not as dull and one-dimensional as some other all/all+ blades.

Tufa brings Basalt to the menu, between Limba outer and Ayous core. At 15 x 15,6 cm head size, 5,8 thickness and an average weight of 87 grams it is an Off blade, noticeably faster than Cedrus, but still with very good feeling on impact.

Sintech uses a synthetic fiber as second layer, between Limba outer and this time a Kiri core. It measures 14,9 x 15,6 cm, with an average weight of 86 grams and 5,9 mm thickness. From the impression of another player, the feeling is quite similar to that of the Butterfly Revoldia, which I have never tried. My verdict is: Off minus category fits, nicely balanced blade with enough speed reserves for all but super-aggressive styles.

Last but not least, Combi C, where the name gives it away that its sides are different. One side has spruce followed by carbon, on the other side of the Yaous core you will find linden/basswood followed by Makoré. This blade has an enlarged head (15,6 x 16,5) and weighs 88 grams at 5,5 mm thickness. It is intended for both classic/modern defense away from the table or close to the table "destruction type play" with pips or Antispin.

There is no distribution channel set up for these, so they will not appear at a shop near you any time soon, but you can send me a message and I´ll try to work something out.
hello
plese send me some contakt for Levi

mikloš