Seeking OFF inner carbon blade with good feel / control

Status
Not open for further replies.

This user has no status.
U

This user has no status.
I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control.

I was looking at the:

Fortino Force
XIOM Feel HX
Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF
Andro TP_Ligna CO OFF (I don't know the difference)
Timo Boll ALC

I got an Innerforce ALC.S as a secondary. It's even a little slower than lodro's ALC. The Innerforce effect where it gets faster the harder you hit is really accentuated. It's not for someone who likes a linear bat, but it's really good at both ends. It's a little thin and flexible and I would probably had chosen a thicker and stiffer blade today,

cheers
L-zr

I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control.

I was looking at the:

Fortino Force
XIOM Feel HX
Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF
Timo Boll ALC

Xiom Feel HX is not innerlayer.
Xiom Feel ZX2 is innerlayer
Xiom Ice Cream AZXi is innerlayer too

Reactions: thomas.pong
Maybe you can consider a Super ZLC ...

Maybe you can consider a Super ZLC (like Mizutani, Harimoto, ...) . You can get a lot of control using D09C while exploring counter spins and power when engaging your body. From other makers, a Stiga carbonado 290 or Legacy might also satisfy you in term of power ! Personnaly, I like Cornilleau Hinotec OFF+ carbon. You can also tru Tenergy 19 in March 2021, or the Triple Double from Victas ...
Unregistered;339109I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control.

I was looking at the:

Fortino Force
XIOM Feel HX
Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF
Timo Boll ALC

• Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
OP is asking for a blade with decent control. I think control is something that needs to come from you, not the equipment.

I myself would say that I can't control any of the blades listed by OP (haven't tried them all but have tried enough similar ones), partly because I'm so used to an off- 5 ply, partly because I started playing too late and also because I'm not the sort of player whose talent makes coaches look up in excitement.

Thus my advice is: stick to your current blade. Buy some new rubbers and get some coaching.

SofaChamp;339131OP is asking for a blade with decent control. I think control is something that needs to come from you, not the equipment.

I myself would say that I can't control any of the blades listed by OP (haven't tried them all but have tried enough similar ones), partly because I'm so used to an off- 5 ply, partly because I started playing too late and also because I'm not the sort of player whose talent makes coaches look up in excitement.

Thus my advice is: stick to your current blade. Buy some new rubbers and get some coaching.

Your 'e wrong there, Its not hard at all to control an Innerforce blade. And also You have no idea about the OP's capabilities. So that is a rather sillly advice...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Some other noteworthy OFF- blades with the Carbon layer, close to the core are ..
  • Donic Waldner Senso Carbon / and the Ultra Senso Carbon variant... both these are quite nice..
  • Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Lazer;339132

Your 'e wrong there, Its not hard at all to control an Innerforce blade. And also You have no idea about the OP's capabilities. So that is a rather sillly advice...

Well, I am yet to meet a player who has made the switch from All wood to carbon successfully who did his research online.

I don't mean this is an offensive way (although I know that whenever someone says this chances are they are being a bit offensive), but in order for a player to develop the skills needed for a carbon blade they will need to be in a certain environment, an environment that includes other players of a decent level and players that can fulfil some sort of coaching role. An unavoidable side effect of this environment will be increased exposure to more equipment and advice about equipment from higher level players who have seen you play.

The fact that OP has not had a chance to try any of these blades (particularly the Boll ALC, one of the most common carbon blades) lets me deduce with 95% certainty that their first priority should be to find a decent club/ coach and ask for advice there on equipment. 🤔😜

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
The CO (CO stands for Carbon Outer) and TB ALC are both not Innerforce type blades.

Depending on your level, there are quite a few good blades with those characteristics.

If you still have to work a lot on your technique, I can recommend the Waldner Senso Carbon and the Butterfly Innerforce ALC.s
Both of those blades are Off- and have good control and good spin capabilities.

One step up but still a bit less demanding than a outer ALC blade would be Butterfly Innerforce ALC, Harimoto Innerforce ALC (same structure with bigger blade face), Fang Bo Carbon, Hurricane Long V. Those are speedy blades and don't think that they are very forgiving. They have more dwell for sure than a Viscaria or Primorac but still require good technique and footwork.

In between those categories there's also the Nittaku Acoustic Inner Carbon. Also a great blade and with a very nice touch.

Also remember that every blade is a bit different. A very light Innerforce ALC could be slower than a heavy Acoustic Inner Carbon!

It's usually best to try some stuff out but if it's not possible, I would go for the slower of those choices, especially coming from a normal 5-ply blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

If you are not yet familiar with ttgearlab, I really recommend to go over their comparisons. This will give you at least approx. picture of how the blades relate to each other, and then you can maybe estimate what kind of blade you'd like. Then you may also better sort in all the given suggestions...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Lazer;339132

Most of the times we see people asking for some more extra speed with carbon outer blades, and most of the times it is for obscure reasons. The OP seems pretty aware here about his own abilities to control a blade, since he's asking for something very specific: inner carbon to get that power only when needed, cos' he needs control first, anyways this is how I understand the meaning of his post. edit: many people are also praising the Butterfly Apolonia ZLC for its ability to control the short game. It's one of Butterfly's best sellers.

Last edited:
SofaChamp;339139

Well, I am yet to meet a player who has made the switch from All wood to carbon successfully who did his research online.

I don't mean this is an offensive way (although I know that whenever someone says this chances are they are being a bit offensive), but in order for a player to develop the skills needed for a carbon blade they will need to be in a certain environment, an environment that includes other players of a decent level and players that can fulfil some sort of coaching role. An unavoidable side effect of this environment will be increased exposure to more equipment and advice about equipment from higher level players who have seen you play.

The fact that OP has not had a chance to try any of these blades (particularly the Boll ALC, one of the most common carbon blades) lets me deduce with 95% certainty that their first priority should be to find a decent club/ coach and ask for advice there on equipment. 🤔😜

Here meet me, I didn't even do it online. I say again the Innerforce ALC blades are easy to control. I actually think my Primorac Carbon as is fairly easy to control and I haven't played for 40 years. Answer the question asked instead of giving unwanted advice.

Reactions: lodro
Music&Ping;339146 said:

Most of the times we see people asking for some more extra speed with carbon outer blades, and most of the times it is for obscure reasons. The OP seems pretty aware here about his own abilities to control a blade, since he's asking for something very specific: inner carbon to get that power only when needed, cos' he needs control first, anyways this is how I understand the meaning of his post. edit: many people are also praising the Butterfly Apolonia ZLC for its ability to control the short game. It's one of Butterfly's best sellers.

That 's Your interpretation. This is the exact post.

"I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control."

I'd say go for any Buttefly innerforce it will suit You perfect,
"... go see a trainer.. change rubber.. Youre not good enough blah blah blah", that's downright rude...

Last edited:
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
Status
Not open for further replies.