Seeking OFF inner carbon blade with good feel / control

Status
Not open for further replies.
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control.

I was looking at the:

Fortino Force
XIOM Feel HX
Andro TP_Ligna CI OFF
Andro TP_Ligna CO OFF (I don't know the difference)
Timo Boll ALC
Nittaku Acoustic Inner is a very nice blade, has excellent feeling and enough speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Lazer;339148That 's Your interpretation. This is the exact post.

"I'm coming from a 5ply OFF- blade. I'd like something faster - I'm intrigued by what I read about inner carbon and 5+2ply blades. I'd like an OFF blade, with decent feel / control."

I'd say go for any Buttefly innerforce it will suit You perfect,
"... go see a trainer.. change rubber.. Youre not good enough blah blah blah", that's downright rude...

Sorry, but I highly doubt if you can accurately say from the little information that 'Unregistered Guest' gave us whether an Innerforce will suit them perfectly.

Unregistered Guest didn't even bother to sign up for an account, somehow doesn't strike me as the most dedicated player = stick with your current equipment and find a club/ coach first. 🤗

SofaChamp;339152

Sorry, but I highly doubt if you can accurately say from the little information that 'Unregistered Guest' gave us whether an Innerforce will suit them perfectly.

Unregistered Guest didn't even bother to sign up for an account, somehow doesn't strike me as the most dedicated player = stick with your current equipment and find a club/ coach first. 🤗

I said exactly the opposite, You are making assumptions. I am saying that an Innerforce ALC can be used by EVERYONE except the very beginner. And not having an account doesn't have dudley squat to do with anything here. So how he strikes You is of no importance.

For crying out load, the guy is asking for a faster blade and You give him "stick with your current equipment and find a club/ coach first." If that's not rude I don't know what is!

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
lodro;339114I got the Butterfly Innerforce ALC.
I have to be honest, I don't think you can post if you are unregistered. What does that mean? I think the OP was registered and his account got deleted somehow or by someone. The only times I have seen this happen is when one of us Moderators or the Administrators deletes someone's account for some reason. Not sure there is another way for that to happen. But, I could be wrong.

But to me, you guys are giving advice, arguing, discussing, in an echo chamber.

I do find it endlessly entertaining that people like to give advice about equipment to someone they have not seen play.

Lodro, when you made your reply, do you remember if the OP had an actual user name instead of "Unregistered Guest"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
But to me, you guys are giving advice, arguing, discussing, in an echo chamber.

I do find it endlessly entertaining that people like to give advice about equipment to someone they have not seen play.

You beat me to it:

When I read the suggestions, some of them I know worked for me too, most of them I know zero about, and some of them I know they didn't work for me, and yet they worked for the one who suggested it, because we all tend to honestly suggest what worked for us. But that's about it, I can't expect my suggestion will work for the OP, and I can't expect other one's suggestion will NOT work for the OP. We know nothing about the OP, we don't even know his current blade and rubbers.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Perhaps it would be more helpful to our new friend if we simply answered his question! 🙂

Dear "Unregistered Guest"

If you're making your first foray into composite blades, and haven't had the opportunity to test some different ones at a club, then I would suggest as follows:

1. Pick an inner-carbon not an outer-carbon as the inner-carbon will be an easier transition from your all-wood experience thus far. This rules out, for example, the Butterfly Timo Boll ALC and the Andro Ligna CO Off that you mentioned.
  2. Pick one that has the same outer-ply as you're currently using. So if your current all-wood blade has a Limba outer, then pick an inner-carbon blade with a Limba outer ply. Likewise if you're currently using a Koto, Spruce or Hinoki outer. This will be the best way to help you get a feel for the difference the carbon layer makes. If you introduce another change (ie. different outer ply) it will be more difficult for you (unless you are quite experienced) to distinguish the difference attributable to the carbon from the difference attributable to the outer ply.
  3. Given that you don't yet have a strong preference for one blade over another, pick the one that you can find at the best price. There's no point buying a £200 blade when you'd be equally satisfied with a £50 blade.

With those factors in mind you won't go wrong with any of these:

1. Limba outer ply: Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (https://revspin.net/blade/donic-waldner-senso-carbon.html)
  2. Koto outer ply: DHS 301 (https://revspin.net/blade/dhs-hurricane-301.html)
  3. Hinoki outer ply: Joola Rosskopf Emotion (https://revspin.net/blade/joola-rosskopf-emotion.html)

All of those are excellent blades, good value for money, and would serve you well up to a very competitive level - or until you begin to fine-tune your preferences.

Hope that helps!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
lodro;339114I got the Butterfly Innerforce ALC.
It is so forgiving I managed the transition from 5 woods no problems. Not only that, but the 5 wood-blade was a defensive TSP blade, one of the slowest blades on the market with a speed rating of "4". I'm just saying 😁
Lodro, did the OP have a user name when you posted?

It is interesting to me that, even after I note that you can't post unless you are a member, which likely means one of the TTD staff deleted the account for SOME reason, that we still have people wanting to give advice.

Lets see if the OP ever responds to anyone. :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lazer;339156

And not having an account doesn't have dudley squat to do with anything here. So how he strikes You is of no importance.

Well, actually, not having an account may mean something. It may mean that the OP was removed from the forum for something. Logout and try to post. See if you can post as "Unregistered Guest". I don't think you will be able to. I believe this was someone who registered and was removed from the forum. I can't really be sure. But I don't think you can post unless you have registered. And every time I have deleted an account "Unregistered Guest" is how that accounts posts get labled after the account has been removed from the forum. I really don't know why the OP got removed from the forum or who did it. But.....That information may actually be quite pertinent here.

Lazer;339156

For crying out load, the guy is asking for a faster blade and You give him "stick with your current equipment and find a club/ coach first." If that's not rude I don't know what is!

I ask for people to post footage of themselves when they are asking equipment advice all the time. Unless we know how the person plays already, it really is hard to tell them what equipment might be useful to them. I am always interested that, when someone sends me footage of themselves playing, their words on how they describe themselves play never come close to giving me an accurate idea of how they play.

I have had people send me footage and wondered why someone who is at the level of an elite-amateur/semi-pro would ask for equipment advice when they are so much better than how they described themselves. But at least as often, I have had people who described themselves as decent level players who were at best, recreational/garage level players.

For so many people on the forum, the advice of a coach would be excellent advice. One thing we all have to realize here on the forum is, not everyone who is posting has high level skills in communication and often people who are posting are writing in English as a second language.

I don't think SofaChamp meant what you are reading into his comment. I think he just meant something like: "often it is a more cost effective measure to find a good coach and a club where you can develop your skills before you start changing your equipment."

Why would that be excellent advice if the OP did not play at a club or have a coach? Because at a club, he could try lots of other people's equipment to help him formulate an idea of what might be most suitable to his needs, or, even, what he liked best. And, having a coach, the coach would be well situated to know his level of play and what kind of equipment would be useful for his development.

However, we don't know much of anything about the OP. To find stuff out you would have to post things like:

"Can you assess your level? How long have you been playing? How would you describe the way you play? Is it possible for you to post video footage so we can see you play? It is hard to comment on equipment when you have not see someone play."

Anyway, NO NEED FOR PERSONAL TENSION when both of you would like to help the OP even if he has been vanished from the forum. :)

Reactions: mocker88
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

yogi_bear;339175

Is this a bug??

Kuba Hajto;339180

I @yogi_bear was refering to Unregistered Guest's nickname/account state.

If that is the case I have explained twice already that, I am 99% positive that the OP cannot post because, that title only comes up when an account has been removed without his posts being deleted.

But, log off, and then see if you can post. If you can figure out how to post, let me know. I will bring that to Dan's attention. But I don't think you can post without being a member.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Please explain more fully. I am not sure what you mean. Or maybe someone else undersands and can explain.

I think there are 2 problems:
1. that the account that has been removed/unregistered can still post (there should some flag in it, which would prevent it)
2. that you as admin now don't know the original name (that is a loss of useful info)

Imo, that is what Kuba means just in different words.

I @yogi_bear was refering to Unregistered Guest's nickname/account state.

EDIT: forget the nr 1. pls, I didn't get that he can't post.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Another example - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?24853-Handmade-by-Levi-2021

Threads started by members who have been deleted will show up as started by "unregistered guest" per user feedbacks on vBulletin 4 forum. Same issue/behavior for vB5.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...and-troubleshooting/351273-delete-guest-posts
https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...oblems-and-troubleshooting/409615-guest-posts
https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...-to-remove-guest-posts-after-deleting-spammer

It appears there's a way for the admin to find out the original username in the post table.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...ttribute-posts-to-guest?p=4399511#post4399511

Last edited:
UpSideDownCarl;339178Well, actually, not having an account may mean something. It may mean that the OP was removed from the forum for something. Logout and try to post. See if you can post as "Unregistered Guest". I don't think you will be able to. I believe this was someone who registered and was removed from the forum. I can't really be sure. But I don't think you can post unless you have registered. And every time I have deleted an account "Unregistered Guest" is how that accounts posts get labled after the account has been removed from the forum. I really don't know why the OP got removed from the forum or who did it. But.....That information may actually be quite pertinent here.

I ask for people to post footage of themselves when they are asking equipment advice all the time. Unless we know how the person plays already, it really is hard to tell them what equipment might be useful to them. I am always interested that, when someone sends me footage of themselves playing, their words on how they describe themselves play never come close to giving me an accurate idea of how they play.

I have had people send me footage and wondered why someone who is at the level of an elite-amateur/semi-pro would ask for equipment advice when they are so much better than how they described themselves. But at least as often, I have had people who described themselves as decent level players who were at best, recreational/garage level players.

For so many people on the forum, the advice of a coach would be excellent advice. One thing we all have to realize here on the forum is, not everyone who is posting has high level skills in communication and often people who are posting are writing in English as a second language.

I don't think SofaChamp meant what you are reading into his comment. I think he just meant something like: "often it is a more cost effective measure to find a good coach and a club where you can develop your skills before you start changing your equipment."

Why would that be excellent advice if the OP did not play at a club or have a coach? Because at a club, he could try lots of other people's equipment to help him formulate an idea of what might be most suitable to his needs, or, even, what he liked best. And, having a coach, the coach would be well situated to know his level of play and what kind of equipment would be useful for his development.

However, we don't know much of anything about the OP. To find stuff out you would have to post things like:

"Can you assess your level? How long have you been playing? How would you describe the way you play? Is it possible for you to post video footage so we can see you play? It is hard to comment on equipment when you have not see someone play."

Anyway, NO NEED FOR PERSONAL TENSION when both of you would like to help the OP even if he has been vanished from the forum. :)

It doesn't matter at all as far as I'm concerned. Since not even You can tell if a mistake was done. All posters should be treated the same.

Cheers
L-zr

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
latej;339186I think there are 2 problems:
1. that the account that has been removed/unregistered can still post (there should some flag in it, which would prevent it)
2. that you as admin now don't know the original name (that is a loss of useful info)

Imo, that is what Kuba means just in different words.

EDIT: forget the nr 1. pls, I didn't get that he can't post.
If the member was removed, whoever did that must have had a reason. When we do that, we have to choose it specifically. I am not sure who removed this user or why.

But, if it has been done, the reasons outweighed anything like why you would want to "know" anything about them. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
zeio;339188Another example - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?24853-Handmade-by-Levi-2021

Threads started by members who have been deleted will show up as started by "unregistered guest" per user feedbacks on vBulletin 4 forum. Same issue/behavior for vB5.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...and-troubleshooting/351273-delete-guest-posts
https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...oblems-and-troubleshooting/409615-guest-posts
https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...-to-remove-guest-posts-after-deleting-spammer

It appears there's a way for the admin to find out the original username in the post table.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...ttribute-posts-to-guest?p=4399511#post4399511
Thanks Zeio. I am not sure why members continue to post about things they totally don't understand.

But it is good someone besides me can add information. So thank you.

Lets see if more people don't read and post in here. Or, maybe I should just close the thread because it is amazing how people post without reading. :)

Reactions: zeio
Status
Not open for further replies.