Compare boll alc with treiber co

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I have played with boll alc for 2 month. Can anyone compare this blade to Treiber CO Off/s. I play near to mid distance from table and allround play for both backhand and forehand. Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have played with boll alc for 2 month. Can anyone compare this blade to Treiber CO Off/s. I play near to mid distance from table and allround play for both backhand and forehand. Thanks
For me, Treiber enables a bit more spin, with a pretty similar feeling and properties overall. Maybe a thing of technique, but I am not the only one to say so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

Thank you, and can you help me which blade of butterfly has the same flare handle with treiber co.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The Andro Treiber CO OFF/S is the same composition as most of the Butterfly outer ALC blades (except Freitas ALC and Kenta ALC) but thicker at 6.1mm vs. 5.8mm which means it has a bit more of a wood feel but it also packs more of a punch and is therefore faster.

The Timo Boll ALC's FL handle is indeed quite thin at 100 x 24mm, whereas the Treiber's FL handle is quite large at 100 x 26 mm.

The largest and closest FL handles for similar Butterfly blades will be the Viscaria, ZJK ALC or LGY ALC at 100 x 25 mm. The neck of these blades is actually a bit chunkier than the Treiber's, but their middle and bottom flare are a bit smaller than the Treiber's.

• Love
Reactions: KM1976 and M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The Andro Treiber CO OFF/S is the same composition as most of the Butterfly outer ALC blades (except Freitas ALC and Kenta ALC) but thicker at 6.1mm vs. 5.8mm which means it has a bit more of a wood feel but it also packs more of a punch and is therefore faster.

The Timo Boll ALC's FL handle is indeed quite thin at 100 x 24mm, whereas the Treiber's FL handle is quite large at 100 x 26 mm.

The largest and closest FL handles for similar Butterfly blades will be the Viscaria, ZJK ALC or LGY ALC at 100 x 25 mm. The neck of these blades is actually a bit chunkier than the Treiber's, but their middle and bottom flare are a bit smaller than the Treiber's.

On another forum I read the Treiber compositions are as follows. Adding Viscaria and IF ALC for reference:

Treiber KKotoKVLAyousKiriAyousKVLKoto
Treiber CO OFF/SLimbaKVLAyousKiriAyousKVLLimba
Treiber CI OFFLimbaAyousKVLAyousKVLAyousLimba
Viscaria, TB/ZJK/LGY ALCKotoALCLimbaKiriLimbaALCKoto
Innerforce Layer ALCLimbaLimbaALCAyousALCLimbaLimba
[tbody] [/tbody]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzBoZAnpPOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiJf6leLhQc

I also read the Treiber CO is thicker. And that it is faster than Viscaria. I played with it shortly and it didn't seem faster, it felt a bit less crisp, very good. I think it is excellent blade. The speed difference I think is because of the weight of the concrete blade.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
On another forum I read the Treiber compositions are as follows. Adding Viscaria and IF ALC for reference:

Treiber KKotoKVLAyousKiriAyousKVLKoto
Treiber CO OFF/SLimbaKVLAyousKiriAyousKVLLimba
Treiber CI OFFLimbaAyousKVLAyousKVLAyousLimba
Viscaria, TB/ZJK/LGY ALCKotoALCLimbaKiriLimbaALCKoto
Innerforce Layer ALCLimbaLimbaALCAyousALCLimbaLimba
[tbody] [/tbody]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzBoZAnpPOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiJf6leLhQc

I also read the Treiber CO is thicker. And that it is faster than Viscaria. I played with it shortly and it didn't seem faster, it felt a bit less crisp, very good. I think it is excellent blade. The speed difference I think is because of the weight of the concrete blade.
Ah, it's possible, I'll have to look into this.

Reactions: M.Hoang
The main difference between C(arbon)O(uter) and C(arbon)I(nner) is that the deeper the carbon is the harder You have to hit before it is engaged.
So a Carbon inner blade will be slower on loose hits and just as fast as an outer blade on hard hits.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The main difference between C(arbon)O(uter) and C(arbon)I(nner) is that the deeper the carbon is the harder You have to hit before it is engaged.
So a Carbon inner blade will be slower on loose hits and just as fast as an outer blade on hard hits.

Cheers
L-zr
Exactly! Which means that it really depends how you (KM1976) engage close to the table and what you prefer and want from the blade at that distance. If you want more of a wood feel on the short game and shots close to the table, and either prefer to engage slow and get a slow shot, or engage fast and get a fast shot, then CI is for you. If you prefer to engage slow but still get a faster shot, or like to engage fast and get a banger, then CO is for you. CO is more reactive at short, mid and far distance, CI is a bit less with more of a wood feel but you can still get a lot of speed at any distance, you just have to engage more especially close to the table.

With that said, you see pros who like to play close to the table favor either inner or outer carbon blades, and others who play further out who will pick one or the other too. It's really a matter of preference.

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Cheers
L-zr

Well, perhaps not "just as fast", but certainly fast enough. 🙂

It's also worth noting that the placement of the carbon as either an "inner" or "outer" layer affects more than just how the carbon layer is engaged. All other things being equal (which they hardly ever are), the placement of the carbon layer also affects the overall stiffness of the blade, and the transmission of feedback to the hand (ie. the "feel"). So, in addition to the speed range of the blade, you should also consider whether a stiffer or a more flexible blade is to your liking, and whether you prefer a 'woodier' or a 'sharper' feedback.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Well, perhaps not "just as fast", but certainly fast enough. 🙂

It's also worth noting that the placement of the carbon as either an "inner" or "outer" layer affects more than just how the carbon layer is engaged. All other things being equal (which they hardly ever are), the placement of the carbon layer also affects the overall stiffness of the blade, and the transmission of feedback to the hand (ie. the "feel"). So, in addition to the speed range of the blade, you should also consider whether a stiffer or a more flexible blade is to your liking, and whether you prefer a 'woodier' or a 'sharper' feedback.

For some reason, I felt that with the Treiber blades the "outer" versions give better feedback than the "inner" versions, contrary to the theory. I can´t explain this, but have compared a few FO directly to FI and felt the same about CO and CI. And yes, identical weight, give or take a gram, and all other parameters intact. Outer versions feel clear and crisp, inner - while still good blades - a bit more dull, bit softer yes, but not to their advantage.

So, going back to the start of the thread, I´d say replace an ALC with CO at any time, but be careful about replacing an Innerlayer ALC with a CI.

This user has no status.
For some reason, I felt that with the Treiber blades the "outer" versions give better feedback than the "inner" versions, contrary to the theory. I can´t explain this, but have compared a few FO directly to FI and felt the same about CO and CI. And yes, identical weight, give or take a gram, and all other parameters intact. Outer versions feel clear and crisp, inner - while still good blades - a bit more dull, bit softer yes, but not to their advantage.

So, going back to the start of the thread, I´d say replace an ALC with CO at any time, but be careful about replacing an Innerlayer ALC with a CI.

I have tested Treiber FI with R53/R47 and confirm your assertion. Not good feeback . Really strange.

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Exactly! Which means that it really depends how you (KM1976) engage close to the table and what you prefer and want from the blade at that distance. If you want more of a wood feel on the short game and shots close to the table, and either prefer to engage slow and get a slow shot, or engage fast and get a fast shot, then CI is for you. If you prefer to engage slow but still get a faster shot, or like to engage fast and get a banger, then CO is for you. CO is more reactive at short, mid and far distance, CI is a bit less with more of a wood feel but you can still get a lot of speed at any distance, you just have to engage more especially close to the table.

With that said, you see pros who like to play close to the table favor either inner or outer carbon blades, and others who play further out who will pick one or the other too. It's really a matter of preference.

Hi @thomas.pong @Airoc ,

A new member here from India, was going through threads on Treiber CI/ CO and landed here. (could be a dead thread :( )

I am planning to get one of these 2. However I am confused If CO would be too fast for me (since it seems to be very similar to BTY ALC blades)

I currently (unsuccessfully) play with Long 5 with Fastarc G1 2mm on FH and Rakza 7 Max on BH. I like these rubbers.

My preference is to get that ball feel while play the stroke, the ball sinking into the rubber I mean.

Playing with above setup, I have worked with a coach and my technique has improved. However my coach is not happy with the blade (am undecided as I have had a string of bad results in local club level tournaments). My coach is suggesting to move to Boll ALC, but I am skeptical whether Ill be able to handle the drastic change in the blade feel. That is why I am considering the Treiber series.

I tend to drift away from the table, however I am looking to improve and focus on close to the table - FH power drive/ drive game play. BH would be more block and some open ups against serves.

What would be the best rubber combinations for the CI and CO for close to the table play. I completely understand when you say the blade "type" is a personal preference but I would like to know which of these blades you prefer.

Note: I am more of a "power" guy, in the sense I have a hard time controlling the amount of power I put into the stroke.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi @thomas.pong @Airoc ,

A new member here from India, was going through threads on Treiber CI/ CO and landed here. (could be a dead thread :( )

I am planning to get one of these 2. However I am confused If CO would be too fast for me (since it seems to be very similar to BTY ALC blades)

I currently (unsuccessfully) play with Long 5 with Fastarc G1 2mm on FH and Rakza 7 Max on BH. I like these rubbers.

My preference is to get that ball feel while play the stroke, the ball sinking into the rubber I mean.

Playing with above setup, I have worked with a coach and my technique has improved. However my coach is not happy with the blade (am undecided as I have had a string of bad results in local club level tournaments). My coach is suggesting to move to Boll ALC, but I am skeptical whether Ill be able to handle the drastic change in the blade feel. That is why I am considering the Treiber series.

I tend to drift away from the table, however I am looking to improve and focus on close to the table - FH power drive/ drive game play. BH would be more block and some open ups against serves.

What would be the best rubber combinations for the CI and CO for close to the table play. I completely understand when you say the blade "type" is a personal preference but I would like to know which of these blades you prefer.

Note: I am more of a "power" guy, in the sense I have a hard time controlling the amount of power I put into the stroke.

Thanks. :)
Hi @Aijaz_000,

It'd be good to know why you're not into the Long 5 which is a soft inner carbon blade.

Giving you recommendations otherwise would be too much guessing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I work as a trainer and many of my students use andro blades.Ci more flexible, gives more acceleration during snapping blows.Now we mainly use Gewo rubber(Nexus EL Pro 50) and Yasaka Rakza Z for FH , Gewo Nexus Select 45-48 for BH. Unfortunately ANDRO blades can vary greatly in speed and weight even within the same batch, you have to choose and weigh

Reactions: Aijaz_000
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi @Aijaz_000,

It'd be good to know why you're not into the Long 5 which is a soft inner carbon blade.

Giving you recommendations otherwise would be too much guessing.
Thanks for the response @thomas.pong .
I was using a Stradivarius with bluefire m1 on fh before switching to Long 5.
The reason i switched was for the exact same reason that long 5 is an inner carbon blade that would help me with feeling and improve my technique.
The blade that I use weighs 90 gm. I have issues with keeping the ball on the table consistently. I understand my technique could be at fault but i try to close the blade and play forward to ensure a quality stroke. (Talking about FH here)
My Coach also feels that my setup is quite fast and lacks control even when compared to his Boll ALC with MXP on fh.

In short, I feel the consistency of the blade is not up to the mark.
Plus, am a 32 year old with limited access to resources so getting Chinese tacky rubbers and boosting them would be quite a hassle for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I work as a trainer and many of my students use andro blades.Ci more flexible, gives more acceleration during snapping blows.Now we mainly use Gewo rubber(Nexus EL Pro 50) and Yasaka Rakza Z for FH , Gewo Nexus Select 45-48 for BH. Unfortunately ANDRO blades can vary greatly in speed and weight even within the same batch, you have to choose and weigh
Thanks for response @vittiv . In that case, what is the good weight range to look at for CI? Considering the el pro 50 on the FH. ( I understand that it would be close to Fastarc G1) please correct me if I am wrong here