Handle, Wings and Grip

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I am not sure if anyone feels the same as me, but I love the feel of Innerforce Layer Series blades but their handle, wings and grip is not so good for my taste. I feel that it is thin and I couldn't get a proper grip, which I get with a Viscaria or ZJK series.

Apolonia and Harimoto also have thin handles.

I really hope Butterfly considers it while making Dima and Franziska blades.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
You mean you don't like TT blades with handles the size of popsicle sticks made for the tiny hands of children? :)
precisely [emoji23]

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
not only for butterfly blades, this happened with me with Septear as well

Blade feel is amazing, and the handle is literally for kids.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Nittaku have their LG handle option on some of their blades, this is a nice option to have!!
I have 2 Acoustic blades with the large handle, but there is still some manufacturing tolerances, 1 is slightly thinner than the other, by a small margin, but was still noticeable!! Did it make any difference? Not really!!
For my hand size, the length could be a little longer, maybe 5mm.
would this improve my play ????

it would be nice if other manufacturers offered a larger handle option as well as the different shaped handles!!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I am not sure if anyone feels the same as me, but I love the feel of Innerforce Layer Series blades but their handle, wings and grip is not so good for my taste. I feel that it is thin and I couldn't get a proper grip, which I get with a Viscaria or ZJK series.Apolonia and Harimoto also have thin handles.I really hope Butterfly considers it while making Dima and Franziska blades.Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
Yea, I also enjoy the Innerforce blades but much prefer the FL size and shape of the Viscaria and ZJK's.

Unfortunately, the Franziska's handle is listed at 100 x 24 x 34 mm so it's going to be small.

The Ovtcharov's looks more promising at 100 x 25 x 34 mm with a bit of a wavy neck (not nearly as wavy at the Viscaria's and ZJK's though), but the middle and bottom appear to be fatter than the Harimoro ALC's handle (let us hope!), if not it'll end up the same as the Harimoto's handle and therefore be on the thin side. We shall see!

Last edited:
Reactions: chintanmashroo
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If only there were custom blade makers out there that could make bigger handles... [emoji16]
no offense to custom blades when I say this,
there is a certain crisp feeling with Butterfly blades that I love.
Also, many custom blade makers when asked for a Viscaria like or ZJK like handle ask for dimensions;
I have also tried doing that, still a bummer. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for the blade maker that I needed the blade to fit my hands just like a Viscaria does.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Nittaku have their LG handle option on some of their blades, this is a nice option to have!!
I have 2 Acoustic blades with the large handle, but there is still some manufacturing tolerances, 1 is slightly thinner than the other, by a small margin, but was still noticeable!! Did it make any difference? Not really!!
For my hand size, the length could be a little longer, maybe 5mm.
would this improve my play ????

it would be nice if other manufacturers offered a larger handle option as well as the different shaped handles!!
Acoustic is no wonder an amazing blade, I have tried the all wood as well as the Acoustic Inner, both LG handles;

The feeling is different. Septear feels like a creamy layer on top of an ice-cream, as smooth like a butter. Whereas the Acoustic feels like the cone itself.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Yea, I also enjoy the Innerforce blades but much prefer the FL size and shape of the Viscaria and ZJK's.

Unfortunately, the Franziska's handle is listed at 100 x 24 x 34 mm so it's going to be small.

The Ovtcharov's looks more promising at 100 x 25 x 34 mm with a bit of a wavy neck (not nearly as wavy at the Viscaria's and ZJK's though), but the middle and bottom appear to be fatter than the Harimoro ALC's handle (let us hope!), if not it'll end up the same as the Harimoto's handle and therefore be on the thin side. We shall see!

yes, I have an eye on Dima blade.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Try Omar Assar FL XL if you like big handles.
Unfortunately, not available in India,
I can understand the reason that Butterfly gives good rates to the distributor only when ordered in Bulk.
Omar Assar blade wont sell that much here as a Viscaria or Boll ALC.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Also, many custom blade makers when asked for a Viscaria like or ZJK like handle ask for dimensions;
I have also tried doing that, still a bummer. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for the blade maker that I needed the blade to fit my hands just like a Viscaria does.

Agreed. I will say that the OSP FL handle feels very similar to a Viscaria handle in hand though and has a very similar fat wavy neck.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Acoustic is no wonder an amazing blade, I have tried the all wood as well as the Acoustic Inner, both LG handles;

The feeling is different. Septear feels like a creamy layer on top of an ice-cream, as smooth like a butter. Whereas the Acoustic feels like the cone itself.

The Acoustics are all amazing blades for sure, but even the FL LG handle is on the thin side.

I'll have to give the Septear a try one of these days.

Have you experimented with grip tape at all? I haven't yet but intend to on my Innerforce FL handles and other ST handles.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Unfortunately, not available in India,
I can understand the reason that Butterfly gives good rates to the distributor only when ordered in Bulk.
Omar Assar blade wont sell that much here as a Viscaria or Boll ALC.

If you want to buy one, I could arrange to send it to you from France to India.
I've bought a blade from you before (first version Innerforce ALC).

Reactions: chintanmashroo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

No offense to you, but maybe you haven't tried good blade makers. I'm not trying to sell anything, but I don't think it's fair to give all custom blade makers a bad rep just because you had a bad experience. I'm also not claiming that my blades are better than Butterfly's, they are different, but they are still good. Also, I had so much requests for a Viscaria type handle that I've gotten pretty good at it. Not that I like it very much, I still think it's a small handle.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
@hipnotic

It seems that you took it personally.
I have loved so many of your blades and commended them as well.

I didn't say that custom blade makers are bad or generalized anything; I mentioned that there is something from Butterfly blades that I love